Let me be the first ..- Mtbr.com
    Meatbomb

Let me be the first ..

to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day ....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day ....
    Please, dear God, tell me Thanksgiving is tomorrow. My damn turkey is not thawed yet, and it's today, I'm screwed.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    You're late buddy, my bird is in the smoker already

mtbr member
    You're late buddy, my bird is in the smoker already
    I'm already stressed enough as it is. I'm attempting to cook a turkey for the first time in my life. And to add to my stress, I'm going to try and cook it on my grill.

Tucson, AZ
    I have been thawing mine for 4 days now.... doing it the easy way, the oven.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by chadfbrown
    hey did you get a chance to try Somo last week, a pre-pre Tday ride post-PEEing?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Yea, I think I'm screwed. I was told (after I took on this huge responsibility) it takes 2 to 4 days to thaw a damn turkey. I got mine yesterday afternoon, and the damn thing is still a rock today. Looks like we might be having turkey popsicles instead of turkey sandwiches.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I'm already stressed enough as it is. I'm attempting to cook a turkey for the first time in my life. And to add to my stress, I'm going to try and cook it on my grill.
    To defrost in a hurry, fill your sink with room temp tap water and let turkey sit in it for 5-6 hours. Change water every 30 to 45 minutes. Put in frig when defrosted until time to cook. Easy!

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    hey did you get a chance to try Somo last week, a pre-pre Tday ride post-PEEing?
    Ha ha.. No, I have bronchitis. I guess PEEing while having a small cough might blow things up a bit, eh? I am at home again this week trying to get better before FOTP. Taking the Z-pack, antibiotics, listening to NPR, reading, and posting stuff on MTBR. Great life, eh?

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    To defrost in a hurry, fill your sink with room temp tap water and let turkey sit in it for 5-6 hours. Change water every 30 to 45 minutes. Put in frig when defrosted until time to cook. Easy!
    DurtGurl to the rescue [enter superman music]

Kathleen in AZ
    Ha ha.. No, I have bronchitis. I guess PEEing while having a small cough might blow things up a bit, eh? I am at home again this week trying to get better before FOTP. Taking the Z-pack, antibiotics, listening to NPR, reading, and posting stuff on MTBR. Great life, eh?
    Ouch! Aaron is also sick and hoping to be healed in time for FOTP. I was going to offer you Tucson guys housing for Sat night (hottttuuuubbbb) but I really don't want to catch your sicknesses. But really, you all are welcome to crash at my place Sat night. I'll be rolling from my house in the AM - it's about 4 miles to Pima Canyon and then a 3-mile roll home on flat streets from Jim's house after the par-tay.

Meatbomb

Indirect heat is the secret... My grill has 3 grates so I pulled 2 off and stacked them on top of the center one. Put the bird in a pan and set it on top of the stack. Medium heat for a few hours and it was yummy.

Or go with beer butt chickens and tell the family they are small turkeys
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Indirect heat is the secret... My grill has 3 grates so I pulled 2 off and stacked them on top of the center one. Put the bird in a pan and set it on top of the stack. Medium heat for a few hours and it was yummy.

Or go with beer butt chickens and tell the family they are small turkeys
    Yea, I think I got that far. My grill has 4 burners. Should I just turn the two outside ones on, and leave the middle ones off?

Whoever said MTBR.com is not a helpful website?

i like cheese.
    Yea, I think I got that far. My grill has 4 burners. Should I just turn the two outside ones on, and leave the middle ones off?

Whoever said MTBR.com is not a helpful website?
    Outside two on, and mind your thermometer... open as little as possible. If you have a rotisserie setup, it makes a spectacular turkey.

Meatbomb
    My grill has 4 burners.

Now you're just showing off

Yeah, turn the outer ones on and get it up to at least 350*.

Members who have read this thread: 0