View Poll Results: Community Speaks for or against Trail Sanitization

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • I request a MORATORIUM ON TRAILDOC's Sanitization and work. THX for all you have done tho.

22 29.73%
  • I ride XC and dont care what you ride, I dont want a challenge. KEEP DOING SANITIZATION.

8 10.81%
  • Traildoc is older,maybe cant ride as he once did.PLEASE OFFER A HARD AND EASY LINE OPTION

16 21.62%
  • I AM READY TO SIGN A PETITION TO RESCIND HIS WORK PERMITS

28 37.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    locked - time out
    Nov 2010

Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK

Friends,

Many of us have tried to be polite and asked the Doc to hear us, only to be told by him that he doesnt care to cater what 'we want', some have tried tough love and tried talking to him, on and off line, and failed ...some have spoken out with warmth and reason, some keep quiet. Others have been banned. This issue affects those who live, or work and/or play in Sedona.

I own property in Maricopa and in Coconino. Some love what he has done. Some feel the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Others want him off the pick axe and only on his Pivot.

I'm also a member of the club that is sponsoring the Sedona Fat Tire Festival, and want to see a draw of all disciplines of riders who make Sedona their riding and vacation destination.

What do you think? No opinion?Passionate? How do you feel about him recently taking the liberty to make adjustments to SoMo trails? What if he goes to FLG like me, when it gets hotter to make those trails "better"? Is building trails to suit his and his spouses rides ETHICALLY correct? is it even Legal? Morally? We are a nation built on the tenets of democracy

Speak up.

This is your chance to speak, his to listen.

After my posts regarding SED, I was contacted by several concerned (and wealthy) area residents and benefactors who have established a legal fund, that can be used to represent your voice if he does not 'listen'. I am in the legal and activist field, professionally speaking with a political focus. I also own several bikes and practice all disciplines from XC, AM FR and DH, as well as road.

I frequent SED, FLG and SoMo, and have watched SoMO and FLG improve in trail diversity; while SED is turning into a tourist and newbie mecca-not all bad, but grossly inconsiderate to those who are tri-athlete fit or advanced riders, and would like Advanced and Expert technical options to exist amongst the multi use trails SED offers. Most SED trails are novice to intermediate. The TrailDoc tends to dumb down sections he can not ride. Others can ride these sections, tho he has trouble believing so.

While I do Thank TD for all his work, enthusiasm and philanthropy; my own views however are that he has crossed the narcissist line in making the trails only as he sees fit.

I simply think its time for the voices to speak and be heard.
    Your voice matters
    or atleast, it SHOULD.

Here is your chance to VOTE
    This is a peaceful effort at democracy.
    Its time for the hammer to come down, so to speak, and I mean down with that jack hammer.

This poll has been made ANONYMOUS. Vote with that confidence.

Thanks! Lets keep this positive and keep the rubber side down!
    Last edited by azphxrider; 04-18-2011 at 12:58 AM.

mtbr member
    In before *****storm!

banned
    Sep 2010
    I feel sorry for Sedona.

mtbr member
    I didn't see "this is stupid" as a voting option.

Dirt Merchant
    Heads Up!!!!
    Keep pedalin'. You can catch your breath on the downhill!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

mtbr member
    I hesitantly voted "hard and easy", but thats not always possible, and I don't want TD to believe that means I support sensitization of already existing trails. That is, if the hard line is there, a new easy line should be built, the hard line should not be sanitized then another hard line built.

IMO of course.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i voted once because it was points for my economics class... i chose Gore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The options are far from being democratic.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona

Neither is one individual deciding which features should be dumbed down.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    Amen, certainly don't see a poll as a means to get TD to change his ways. Frankly I don't think what TD is yapping about all the time. Is anything more than a ego boost. He enjoys the banter! Most likely is not really doing much more to the trails then the FS is doing or suggesting. That's just one persons opinion.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Dirt Merchant
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    +1...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-13obama_fascism.jpg  

Keep pedalin'. You can catch your breath on the downhill!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

locked - time out
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64
    Amen, certainly don't see a poll as a means to get TD to change his ways. Frankly I don't think what TD is yapping about all the time. Is anything more than a ego boost. He enjoys the banter! Most likely is not really doing much more to the trails then the FS is doing or suggesting. That's just one persons opinion.
    voters and riders have no risk aversion, TD voluntarily put himself on the hot seat in the public eye with this self appointed position he now holds, and all the posts on mtbr surrounding his work

I am signature number 17.
    If legal actions that threaten his wifes and his retirement dollars are worth it to him, I sure hope he has her support; all this for building trails? wow...

BASED ON THE RESULTS ABOVE seems over 70% voters like their trails aimed at a under 50 population; and very few support what TD does, but what do I know..
    Last edited by azphxrider; 04-18-2011 at 08:44 AM.

locked - time out
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Neither is one individual deciding which features should be dumbed down.

VERY WELL SAID!!

The options are very simple and democratic: If you feel some other option needs to exist I will add it in gladly

1-I dont support the Doc
    2-I support the Doc
    3-I'd support the Doc if he did it both ways
    4-Doc needs to retire from trail building before he looses his shirt, I'm passionate enough to see this thru a legal channel.

mtbr member
    Most SED trails are novice to intermediate. The TrailDoc tends to dumb down sections he can not ride
    You've got to be kidding me. You are taking the banter way too seriously. He is having fun at your expense. He's an expert rider and I wouldn't be surprised if there are lines that he has "dumbed down" that you can't ride. Rather than getting your panties in a bunch why don't you come up and ride some of the intermed trails that he has worked on so you can form a more educated opinion of his work.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by azphxrider
    VERY WELL SAID!!

The options are very simple and democratic: If you feel some other option needs to exist I will add it in gladly

1-I dont support the Doc
    2-I support the Doc
    4-Doc needs to retire from trail building before he looses his shirt, I'm passionate enough to see this thru a legal channel.
    Your arguments don't have much pull dude. You clearly don't understand trail building. Check out the IMBA trail class this coming week, get involved, educated, and then you can be part of the changes and have valid input instead of just complaining from your computer desk in Pheonix.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    You've got to be kidding me. You are taking the banter way too seriously. He is having fun at your expense. He's an expert rider and I wouldn't be surprised if there are lines that he has "dumbed down" that you can't ride. Rather than getting your panties in a bunch why don't you come up and ride some of the intermed trails that he has worked on so you can form a more educated opinion of his work.
    Be it for his own amusement or not. He has irritated some of the riding community.

mtbr member
    Rather than getting your panties in a bunch why don't you come up and ride some of the intermed trails that he has worked on so you can form a more educated opinion of his work.
    I think you're kind of missing the point. TD, intentional or not, based on his retorts to certain folks on this forum, has really disuaded some from riding up in Sedona.

It's easy to say "ah, come on, ignore him and come on up." Unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on how you look at it--there are just so many places to ride in and near AZ, that it's easy to not ride up there.

(For me, personally, I have not ridden in Sedona in probably 2 years. And I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit.)
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I think you're kind of missing the point. TD, intentional or not, based on his retorts to certain folks on this forum, has really disuaded some from riding up in Sedona.

It's easy to say "ah, come on, ignore him and come on up." Unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on how you look at it--there are just so many places to ride in and near AZ, that it's easy to not ride up there.

(For me, personally, I have not ridden in Sedona in probably 2 years. And I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit.)

/\ This, TD's trolling just makes that much easier to decide to ride elsewhere,there is certainly no shortage of places to ride in AZ.

mtbr member
    TD, intentional or not, based on his retorts to certain folks on this forum, has really disuaded some from riding up in Sedona.
    Really? I find that ludicrous.

Many of us have tried to be polite and asked the Doc to hear us, only to be told by him that he doesnt care to cater what 'we want', some have tried tough love and tried talking to him, on and off line, and failed ...some have spoken out with warmth and reason, some keep quiet. Others have been banned. This issue affects those who live, or work and/or play in Sedona.
    Banned? This is even more funny.

banned
    VERY WELL SAID!!

1-I dont support the Doc
    2-I support the Doc
    az:

I vote 2

Which of these projects are you opposed to??????????????????

Completed Projects:

Oak Creek Trail Rebuild across Form Buddah Beach
    Tea Cup Reroute
    Jordan Trail Re-route Study
    Templeton Steep Climb Out-Sloping and Trail Improvement
    2.7 mile Aerie Trail Build (60 hours)
    Anaconda Hydrology Study
    Snake Hydrology Study
    Touron Hyrdrology Study
    Mescal Hydrology Study
    Chuck Wagon Hydrology Study
    Chavez Road/Ridge Trail Ramp Build
    Forest Service Loop Map and Narrative Project
    Aerie Signage Project
    Mescal Reroute Alignment
    Sugar Loaf Loop Feasability Study
    Chuck Wagon/Mescal Connector Feasability Study
    Lost Watch Hydrology Study

Future Projects:

Munds Jackhammer Project
    Two Fences Ramp Installation
    Anaconda Insect Study

Your reaction to my posts is exactly why I have done them. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and those who agree with you are just as clueless. You sound like the local Sierra Club who is trying to shut down all trail improvements in the Sedona area. They are totally opposed to the adoption of any of the trails being scoped in Sedona and probably share their opinion.

Also it would be interesting to get your presidents POV. He has been seen pretty regularly out enjoying some of Sedona finests rides with his Mancation buddies he has invited from all over the country. I wonder if he is a big of hypocrite as you are a fool.

I can't wait to see the results of your survey. Let the games begin.

TD

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    +1.

if you don't like to read his posts, use the ignore button. big man on the intertubez, saving the world one online petition at a time .

I have ridden with TD several times and thoroughly enjoyed the ride, company and hospitality. If you haven't ridden Sedona in the last few yrs, STFU you don't know what you are talking about.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Really? I find that ludicrous.
    You do? Why?

locked - time out
    Nov 2010
    Doc
    if you cant see the poll results up top, you really are are as stubborn, blind and stupid as you appear in person and on your posts.

Your post shows that you deserve every bit of what is coming your way. I dont feel sorry for you, I did at first but its clear to see you want to be named in a legal action..

The percentages speak for themselves, dont they?

Youre a pc of work Doc....

parenting for gnarness
    You do? Why?
    hard to believe anyone is so non-ego formed, that they would not ride some of the best trails in the state cause of a guy on an internet forum. boohoo TD posts a lot wah wah wah. Skinny - respectfully, imo you should sit this one out, if you don't ride Sedona and have no first-hand experience with the people involved.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    If you haven't ridden Sedona in the last few yrs, STFU you don't know what you are talking about.
    Interesting POV. What you are saying is no conclusions can be made from what TD posts about his own activities? I some what agree, so my conclusion is TD is simply a troll.

parenting for gnarness
    Doc
    if you cant see the poll results up top, you really are are as stubborn, blind and stupid as you appear in person and on your posts.

Your post shows that you deserve every bit of what is coming your way. I dont feel sorry for you, I did at first but its clear to see you want to be named in a legal action..

could you put down your pitchfork and torch for a moment, and add a poll option for you to go back to grubbing for turnips and sheep-f****** along with the other villagers?

mtbr member
    hard to believe anyone is so non-ego formed, that they would not ride some of the best trails in the state cause of a guy on an internet forum. boohoo TD posts a lot wah wah wah. Skinny - respectfully, imo you should sit this one out, if you don't ride Sedona and have no first-hand experience with the people involved.
    But I do have first-hand experience with the people involved. I have ridden in Sedona, and I while I have never met TD in person (as far as I know), I have had a chance to read most of his posts and responses to posts on this site. Not that it matters, but while early on, I had a negative opinion of him, that opinion has leaned more towards the balanced/neutral side.

That said, I can pretty much gurantee that his comments have put a bad taste in others' mouths when it comes to riding Sedona (note that I said "others' mouths; I'm not letting his post dissuade me; I just have not made it up there in the last couple of years for whatever reason). You can't ignore this fact. And that's the really sad part because as you and others have pointed out, it's some of the best riding in the country.

locked - time out
    Mar 2011
    You do? Why?
    That's an easy answer ST. To alow an online persona, or anyone for that matter, that amount of control in your life is, well....PRETTY PHUCT!

I too have riden with and know TD personally. IN NO WAY do I allow his opinions or views affect where I ride a bike!!! If I did that would just be ludicrous.....

bland

Do you think that on on-line poll on a website used by a very small percentage of actual sedona trail users really means anything? If 5000 people use the trails in sedona a year your "poll" represents 0.64% of users. I wouldn't use your poll or any poll on this website to defend any position.

banned
    TD sits back and revels in the anarchy and divisiveness that he has yet again been the center of.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotcurves
    That's an easy answer ST. To alow an online persona, or anyone for that matter, that amount of control in your life is, well....PRETTY PHUCT!

I too have riden with and know TD personally. IN NO WAY do I allow his opinions or views affect where I ride a bike!!! If I did that would just be ludicrous.....
    But you're still missing the point: right or wrong, he has push away some--again, intentional or not--by his comments. I'm just stating a fact, not an opinion.

And full disclosure, I IMed TD a couple weeks back to apologize for some of my comments about his menthods of motivation, and I think I even said I hope I get a chance to ride with him some day. I'm didn't post this because I have some kind of personal vendetta like the OP has.

parenting for gnarness
    But I do have first-hand experience with the people involved. I have ridden in Sedona, and I while I have never met TD in person (as far as I know), I have had a chance to read most of his posts and responses to posts on this site. Not that it matters, but while early on, I had a negative opinion of him, that opinion has leaned more towards the balanced/neutral side.

That said, I can pretty much gurantee that his comments have put a bad taste in others' mouths when it comes to riding Sedona (note that I said "others' mouths; I'm not letting his post dissuade me; I just have not made it up there in the last couple of years for whatever reason). You can't ignore this fact. And that's the really sad part because as you and others have pointed out, it's some of the best riding in the country.
    posts, and opinions of posts. vapor and e-bulls*** all without any real basis. Did you hear there are beheadings out near Casa Grande?

mtbr member
    posts, and opinions of posts. vapor and e-bulls*** all without any real basis. Did you hear there are beheadings out near Casa Grande?
    But if that's all you have to go on, what do you expect? See my comment below: I agree with you that you can't base a riding decision based on an online persona. But I can guarantee you others have. That's all I'm saying. Since you've met and ridden with TD, you have a much different view of him than those who only know him from this website. And you can't deny that he is not the most embracing individual to some.

No offense, but your comment is like the pro athlete who responds to a journalist's "unfair" question with a "but you don't understand, since you never played the game."

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    az:
    Completed Projects:

Oak Creek Trail Rebuild across Form Buddah Beach
    Tea Cup Reroute
    Jordan Trail Re-route Study
    Templeton Steep Climb Out-Sloping and Trail Improvement
    2.7 mile Aerie Trail Build (60 hours)
    Anaconda Hydrology Study
    Snake Hydrology Study
    Touron Hyrdrology Study
    Mescal Hydrology Study
    Chuck Wagon Hydrology Study
    Chavez Road/Ridge Trail Ramp Build
    Forest Service Loop Map and Narrative Project
    Aerie Signage Project
    Mescal Reroute Alignment
    Sugar Loaf Loop Feasability Study
    Chuck Wagon/Mescal Connector Feasability Study
    Lost Watch Hydrology Study
    Hey Traildoc, how about you add a before and after pic for most of these please? I know you've posted some things, but I can't think of a better thread to make your point non-verbally than in this thread by adding pics.

I suppose the best way to find out what people think about your work would be to call the bike shops in Sedona and ask the employees. Hmm, maybe when I have more time later today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    VERY WELL SAID!!

1-I dont support the Doc
    2-I support the Doc
    WTF? "Legal channels?" You don't like the fact that Doc doesn't toe your line and can't be whipped into shape?

Give me a break. Based on your own words, it seems that you would be O.K. if TD did the same work and was just more humble about it. Your rants are more about his perceived narssicism and the fact that he's not "sorry" for being who he is that anything else.

Apparently, you're someone that doesn't take rejection well and are not used to it. So you flex your legal muscles to make your point?

You and your wealthy bi-county land-owning friends can go take a hike....or a ride...or whatever it is you do when you're not litigating against those who don't bow down before you.

Although I don't agree with TD 100% (he's a bit of a smart alec, not unlike myself), if you could step back for a second, you would see that you have way too much emotion invested here. Your actions, if you're a real person (who knows, it's the internet) actually make TD look better.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

banned
    Doc

az:

You a pretty funny. I once worked with a bunch of people like you in Belmont, CA. Like here I was involved with doing trail improvements at the Water Dog Open Space Preserve. The people I was working with wanted me to go thru them for every trail improvement I wanted to work on. It was kind of a CONTROL THING your type gets into.

Well, I contacted a buddy of mine who was BIG in Public Works and asked him what he thought. He told me the city would be descriminating if they let others like the Friends of the Forest go out and do volunteer projects and not let me do the ones they approve of.

So as you can see it works both ways and now when I want to do a worthy trail improvement project at Water Dog I just call up the Belmont Parks and Recreation Dept directly and let them know what I want to do and they give me approval. They have NEVER turned me down because over the last 15 years they have seen the value in my work.

Like the City of Belmont I call up the local FS and get their approval. If they are uncertain about a certain project they go out and look at it with me and then they give me approval. Sometimes they don't want to give me approval since they feel it is a waste of time because the trail is all ready there, but can't be ridden by the masses, but I tell them it is my time and not theirs so why should they care?

When you take me to court you can use this as evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEXyJO2s3x0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7NIfmu38W0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwINSzoDPM

Oh, by the way your buddy gmooker and his girl friend not wife are the ones riding the trail after Chalkpaw and I completed the project. gmooker like you is a TD hater and like you probably isn't as good of rider.

TD

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    There's no spode option.

You can all take a pole.

Arizona has clearly gone downhill since I left, like a house full of children with no father around.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr
    There's no spode option.

You can all take a pole.

Arizona has clearly gone downhill since I left, like a house full of children with no father around.

our fathers only check in when someone gets their feelings hurt.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Sedona must really be hurting for Touron money for traildoc to be spouting off like Old Faithful, every hour, on the hour.

Think I'll go to Moab instead, if I want chunkalicious. Too many harmonic balancers, vortexes and harmonic divergences floating around like chunks in a cesspool in Sedona for my worthy $ to support.

I can't wait for traildoc to sanitize more of Moab before I go. At least it's not USFS property he's tampering with up there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i'm confused, are mtb tours now allowed in sedona? & if so what are the regulations??
    j

mtbr member
    I vote: Change Aerie trail to Areola trail!

OT: If you found a red ODI bar end on that trail, I lost one there a couple weeks ago.

Shovel Ready
    If I crash on a TD alteration, can I sue him for his daddy's donut money?

Saucy Size
    TrailDoc:

* Threat?

* Menace?

Pick one and only one! The future of Sedona's trails depends on it!
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

banned
    I am working on a new trail improvement video to help azphxrider with his case. Hope to have it posted in the next 30 minutes. Stay Tuned!

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foamfreak
    i'm confused, are mtb tours now allowed in sedona? & if so what are the regulations??
    j
    As far as I know, regulations require that you keep it on the QT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    As far as I know, regulations require that you keep it on the QT.
    this is a real question that i would like answered please!! don't understand "QT"....
    j

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    TrailDoc:

* Threat?

* Menace?

Pick one and only one! The future of Sedona's trails depends on it!
    No, no, no...you're missing it Paul!

It's like this:

* Stop Doc!
    * I'm a *****!
    * Control Doc!
    * Shoot Doc!

Your last point is still valid though.

This really needs a "This is stoooopid!" option.

It is a shame that someone with a passion to improve the riding in Sedona and willing to do the labor (who appears to be working with the FS in some capacity) gets shut down because of his on-line persona.

Full disclosure: I've never met the Doc.

I agree with Cholla, if this stops you from riding in Sedona, that is just silly.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

parenting for gnarness
    But if that's all you have to go on, what do you expect? See my comment below: I agree with you that you can't base a riding decision based on an online persona. But I can guarantee you others have. That's all I'm saying. Since you've met and ridden with TD, you have a much different view of him than those who only know him from this website. And you can't deny that he is not the most embracing individual to some.

No offense, but your comment is like the pro athlete who responds to a journalist's "unfair" question with a "but you don't understand, since you never played the game."

So having experienced the trails and met the people, you are saying my experience is at best of the same validity as someone's interpretation based on an e-persona? That kind of radical reductionism is imo silly, and follows suit only if you are affectable by blather on the internet. Sad that some take someone's obvious persona that seriously. I'll acknowledge your "fact" that maybe TD's posts have turned people away, but I think those people have lots bigger problems and are probably soft-skinned hypersensitive and misguided to begin with. Its the internet, its a guy you don't know and will never meet since you get so bent by his posts. I sent TD a pm, he offered to show me and my friend around, and it was one of the best days on the bike all year -- that is all the 'proof' of anything i need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    I agree with Cholla, if this stops you from riding in Sedona, that is just silly.
    Let me word this a bit differently, and take this to the utmost extremes. A couple folks on here have suggested that TD leave some trails alone, as they feel having a variety is a good thing. TD takes the bait by saying he maintains trails for the masses (which, I think it's safe to say, most here realize is not really the case). Somebody who reads this--heck, somebody who has never been to Sedona--might say "hhmmm, so it sounds like Sedona is more XC than I'm looking for, maybe I'll head to Globe, or Flag, or...Colorado."

It's extreme yes, but now can you see that in this day and age, when we get most of our information immediately and without any personal, face to face or voice to voice interaction, it's a legitimate concern, silly or not?
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 04-18-2011 at 12:32 PM.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foamfreak
    j

I don't believe there are any FS sanctioned paid mountain biking tours in Sedona presently. The only official tour company that had a permit was Sednona MTB Adventures went out of business because they were traildoc haters. Their bad karma towards traildocs improvements put them out of business.

The FS had opened up the tour permit process a while back but you had to be an established tour company (e.g. Western Spirits) to apply for a permit. The locals who wanted to apply were ineligible due to there small fry status.

Not sure who got permits, maybe someone else in the know has more Intel.

The owner of Sedona MTB Adventure also claimed Fat Tire Bike would be out of business within a year. Looks like she was wrong again.

TD

mtbr member
    So having experienced the trails and met the people, you are saying my experience is at best of the same validity as someone's interpretation based on an e-persona? That kind of radical reductionism is imo silly, and follows suit only if you are affectable by blather on the internet. Sad that some take someone's obvious persona that seriously. I'll acknowledge your "fact" that maybe TD's posts have turned people away, but I think those people have lots bigger problems and are probably soft-skinned hypersensitive and misguided to begin with. Its the internet, its a guy you don't know and will never meet since you get so bent by his posts. I sent TD a pm, he offered to show me and my friend around, and it was one of the best days on the bike all year -- that is all the 'proof' of anything i need.
    No, what I'm saying is that your opinion of him is different more than liklely because you've met him in person. You fail to point out that if you want to change that opinion, you need to go the next step and meet said e-persona in person. TD lately has not been very embracing to some on this site. As a noobie, especially somebody who might be more into DHing, I'd be scared shitless to ask TD to show me around.

I'm not going to argue that those who choose who may choose not to ride in Sedona because of TD's online persona are hypersensitive. But that really does not change reality, and personally I think TD does need to take a little responsbility (and I know some will disagree with that opinion).

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    No, no, no...you're missing it Paul!

It's like this:

* Stop Doc!
    * I'm a *****!
    * Control Doc!
    * Shoot Doc!

Your last point is still valid though.

This really needs a "This is stoooopid!" option.

It is a shame that someone with a passion to improve the riding in Sedona and willing to do the labor (who appears to be working with the FS in some capacity) gets shut down because of his on-line persona.

Full disclosure: I've never met the Doc.

Like I said a long time ago. There will be the TD followers, those that think he is an a$$ and others like myself which couldn't careless. Very few would have even known about his alterations. If he would have just gone about his business without all this fuss. He may very well be a great person. By design or not he comes off differently in his postings. Is a suit needed to stop him? Little over the top! I would think if he were out f-ing up the trials the FS would have pulled back on the reins by now.

banned
    Let me word this a bit differently, and take this to the utmost extremes. A couple folks on here have suggested that TD leave some trails alone, as they feel having a variety is a good thing. TD takes the bait by saying he builds trails for the masses (which, I think it's safe to say, most here realize is not really the case). Somebody who reads this--heck, somebody who has never been to Sedona--might say "hhmmm, so it sounds like Sedona is more XC than I'm looking for, maybe I'll head to Globe, or Flag, or...Colorado."

It's extreme yes, but now can you see that in this day and age, when we get most of our information immediately and without any personal, face to face or voice to voice interaction, it's a legitimate concern, silly or not?
    st:

There you go again. I have never said I "build trails for the masses". You know no one is willing to tell the president he is telling lies regularlly, but you sir are telling another lie. I do trail improvements for the masses, that's totally different than building a badly needed trail for the masses.

The Sedona MB Adventures owner use to cry about the FS not having any begginer trails for her clients. She never once tried to find a good place for such trail she just complained about there being no trails to take her few clients on. Like you, she was just a complainer rather than a doer.

My dad who use to make donuts by hand for 4 dount shops told me, "if you don't get your butt out of bed at 4 AM and start working the donuts aren't going to get made." Take the iniative and go out and find your own beginner trail, don't just complain about it.

TD

mtbr member
    st:

There you go again. I have never said I "build trails for the masses". You know no one is willing to tell the president he is telling lies regularlly, but you sir are telling another lie. I do trail improvements for the masses, that's totally different than building a badly needed trail for the masses.

The Sedona MB Adventures owner use to cry about the FS not having any begginer trails for her clients. She never once tried to find a good place for such trail she just complained about there being no trails to take her few clients on. Like you, she was just a complainer rather than a doer.

My dad who use to make donuts by hand for 4 dount shops told me, "if you don't get your butt out of bed at 4 AM and start working the donuts aren't going to get made." Take the iniative and go out and find your own beginner trail, don't just complain about it.

TD
    Sorry, unintentional and edited for accuracy.

Bandolero

Won't Get Fooled Again

could you put down your pitchfork and torch for a moment, and add a poll option for you to go back to grubbing for turnips and sheep-f****** along with the other villagers?
    That's change I can believe in.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

The .05 percent
    So I am going to put in front of you the best option for those who are not a fan of the Doc's handywork... Stay in the valley. Northern Arizona is infested with the likes of you. You come to our small towns, clog up our roads with your silly 2wd suv's, ***** and moan about our trails cause there are no stair steps or that you can't find the latest DH on Dale's map. Go to Moab, Bootleg, New Mexico, any where but here. Trust me it will save you the frustration of riding an over sanitized trail and probably save us from future forest fires. Thank you that is all...
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj
    So I am going to put in front of you the best option for those who are not a fan of the Doc's handywork... Stay in the valley. Northern Arizona is infested with the likes of you. You come to our small towns, clog up our roads with your silly 2wd suv's, ***** and moan about our trails cause there are no stair steps or that you can't find the latest DH on Dale's map. Go to Moab, Bootleg, New Mexico, any where but here. Trust me it will save you the frustration of riding an over sanitized trail and probably save us from future forest fires. Thank you that is all...
    And there you have it.

From the responses from the "TD supporters" there seems to be a vocal majority that say "harden the **** up and come on up and ride even if you don't appreciate TD's online persona" and the minority that says "good riddance."

Curious TD, if you had to choose one (and only one) which of these would you rather back you?

The .05 percent
    And there you have it.

From the responses from the "TD supporters" there seems to be a vocal majority that say "harden the **** up and come on up and ride even if you don't appreciate TD's online persona" and the minority that says "good riddance."

Curious TD, if you had to choose one (and only one) which of these would you rather back you?
    I say good riddance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj
    I say good riddance.
    um, thank you mr. obvious?

TD, do you agree?

The .05 percent
    You are welcome.

banned

New Trail Improment Video for TD's TRIAL

Here is the new and TD approved video which should be helpful in putting TD in jail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4NyvxL0-Zo
    Last edited by traildoc; 04-18-2011 at 01:05 PM.

No mames guey
    Here is the new and TD approved video which should be helpful in putting TD in jail:

TLDNW

sprocket

We think I am being a bit lazy aren't we? BTW, we should have told me to be wary of where I were placing the fallen tree branch. Surely, some of the ground cover plants were negatively affected by this project. Don't we agree?

banned
    um, thank you mr. obvious?

TD, do you agree?
    st:

I certainly agree with sintori. I am constantly getting these types of PM's to support may efforts, so I am not concerned that you and your buddies aren't going to join us on some great rides. I thank God that I can't get fired from my position as the self-appointed ambassador.

Recent PM:
    Re: suggestions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ImaFred
    TD,
    My friend(s) and I are going to come over this summer and ride Sed.(from Vegas) and we all ride 29 hardtails and like fast and flowy with a lil rock thrown in here and there...what would be your recommended route(s) for a two day trip....and yes, we would be willing to pitch in a lil labor(aint skeeeered of a lil hard work) on any one of your projects
    Bryan

Bryan:

Just let me know a week or so before you get here and I will show you around if I am not in jail .

TD

Cool I will... Thanks

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Friends,

I own property in Maricopa and in Coconino. Some love what he has done. Some feel the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Others want him off the pick axe and only on his Pivot.

I'm also a member of the club that is sponsoring the Sedona Fat Tire Festival, and want to see a draw of all disciplines of riders who make Sedona their riding and vacation destination.

What do you think? No opinion?Passionate? How do you feel about him recently taking the liberty to make adjustments to SoMo trails? What if he goes to FLG like me, when it gets hotter to make those trails "better"? Is building trails to suit his and his spouses rides ETHICALLY correct? is it even Legal? Morally? We are a nation built on the tenets of democracy

Speak up.

This is your chance to speak, his to listen.

After my posts regarding SED, I was contacted by several concerned (and wealthy) area residents and benefactors who have established a legal fund, that can be used to represent your voice if he does not 'listen'. I am in the legal and activist field, professionally speaking with a political focus. I also own several bikes and practice all disciplines from XC, AM FR and DH, as well as road.

I frequent SED, FLG and SoMo, and have watched SoMO and FLG improve in trail diversity; while SED is turning into a tourist and newbie mecca-not all bad, but grossly inconsiderate to those who are tri-athlete fit or advanced riders, and would like Advanced and Expert technical options to exist amongst the multi use trails SED offers. Most SED trails are novice to intermediate. The TrailDoc tends to dumb down sections he can not ride. Others can ride these sections, tho he has trouble believing so.

While I do Thank TD for all his work, enthusiasm and philanthropy; my own views however are that he has crossed the narcissist line in making the trails only as he sees fit.

I simply think its time for the voices to speak and be heard.
    Your voice matters
    or atleast, it SHOULD.

Here is your chance to VOTE
    This is a peaceful effort at democracy.
    Its time for the hammer to come down, so to speak, and I mean down with that jack hammer.

This poll has been made ANONYMOUS. Vote with that confidence.

Thanks! Lets keep this positive and keep the rubber side down!

You should put a poll that will get even those who support TrailDoc and dirt road biking to vote. such as
    1) I feel TrailDoc is hurting the mountain bike community
    2) I feel Traildoc is helping the mountain bike community
    3) I don't care, Traildoc is only a troll
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Legal action? Really? Azphxrider you should be embarassed for yourself.

Traildoc you are a better troll then even Pete ever was. That's a compliment btw. What's next? Death threats?

Elitest thrill junkie
    I voted for "I ride XC and dont care what you ride, I dont want a challenge. KEEP DOING SANITIZATION".
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Sedona must really be hurting for Touron money for traildoc to be spouting off like Old Faithful, every hour, on the hour.

Think I'll go to Moab instead, if I want chunkalicious. Too many harmonic balancers, vortexes and harmonic divergences floating around like chunks in a cesspool in Sedona for my worthy $ to support.

I can't wait for traildoc to sanitize more of Moab before I go. At least it's not USFS property he's tampering with up there.
    Whats a matter RB (Ratboy), not much to do in Cali? How much do you realy know about Moab? I have a strong feeling that your idea of chunkalicious is the slickrock trail. You should realy think before you leap. TD and his wife have made some awesome trails in Moab that I'm sure you haven't heard of or ridden. I'm not going to name them off for ya, due to the fact you might try them and hurt yourself.
    I myself, support TD and his wife for all his work in alot of places. There is no way he can please every type of skilled rider when he does trail work. I think we are lucky to have someone willing to get out and even work on trails. There should realy be a poll on "who does trail work".
    Hey skinnytire, have you ever cleaned hairball? or even tried it? My point is, if your not doing hairball. Thats has to be why you havent been to sedona in 2 years to see some of TD's handy work.
    Anyway, there should also be a poll about "who can ride what". There is alot of talkers on this forum.
    TD .
    SHITBIRD

banned
    I was thinking it would be a great idea to get a headstart on getting funds together for my up coming legal defense. My thought was to do up a tee shirt that I could sell at the Fat Tire Festival this coming weekend. Since I failed ART I don't know how to best draw a picture that would show a jackhammer under the caption: I SUPPORT THE traildoc. Or just use the drawing below.

Since I am only looking to make 5 cents on each shirt, I was wondering if I could sell them for around $2.50?

Maybe some of those artistic types could help out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Whats a matter RB (Ratboy), not much to do in Cali? How much do you realy know about Moab? I have a strong feeling that your idea of chunkalicious is the slickrock trail. You should realy think before you leap. TD and his wife have made some awesome trails in Moab that I'm sure you haven't heard of or ridden. I'm not going to name them off for ya, due to the fact you might try them and hurt yourself.
    I myself, support TD and his wife for all his work in alot of places. There is no way he can please every type of skilled rider when he does trail work. I think we are lucky to have someone willing to get out and even work on trails. There should realy be a poll on "who does trail work".
    Hey skinnytire, have you ever cleaned hairball? or even tried it? My point is, if your not doing hairball. Thats has to be why you havent been to sedona in 2 years to see some of TD's handy work.
    Anyway, there should also be a poll about "who can ride what". There is alot of talkers on this forum.
    TD .
    On the subject of identifying blowhards (azphoenixrider - gmhooker whatever), Randyboy you have to be one of the most blazingly incompetent waste of skin I've ever had the pleasure of watching blow up anywhere anytime. Could you tell us on what paved bike paths you've crashed lately?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Hey skinnytire, have you ever cleaned hairball? or even tried it? My point is, if your not doing hairball. Thats has to be why you havent been to sedona in 2 years to see some of TD's handy work..
    No and no, and a quick FYI, my not going to Sedona in the last two years has nothing to do with TD, nor to do with my riding (or lack thereof) abilities.

All I've been trying to do was pointing out that for some, TD can be a bit offputting to the point where they might choose to ride some place else.

Sorry, but I'm not going to get into the "well, you're not a strong rider, so your opinions don't matter" debate with you. I'll leave that up to those who feel they need to prove something to others.

mtbr member

free to you

I was thinking it would be a great idea to get a headstart on getting funds together for my up coming legal defense. My thought was to do up a tee shirt that I could sell at the Fat Tire Festival this coming weekend. Since I failed ART I don't know how to best draw a picture that would show a jackhammer under the caption: I SUPPORT THE traildoc. Or just use the drawing below.

Since I am only looking to make 5 cents on each shirt, I was wondering if I could sell them for around $2.50?

art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-traildoc.jpg  

parenting for gnarness

TD - this pic looks eerily like a penis

mtbr member
    st:

I certainly agree with sintori. I am constantly getting these types of PM's to support may efforts, so I am not concerned that you and your buddies aren't going to join us on some great rides. I thank God that I can't get fired from my position as the self-appointed ambassador.

Recent PM:
    Re: suggestions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ImaFred
    TD,
    My friend(s) and I are going to come over this summer and ride Sed.(from Vegas) and we all ride 29 hardtails and like fast and flowy with a lil rock thrown in here and there...what would be your recommended route(s) for a two day trip....and yes, we would be willing to pitch in a lil labor(aint skeeeered of a lil hard work) on any one of your projects
    Bryan

Bryan:

Just let me know a week or so before you get here and I will show you around if I am not in jail .

TD

Cool I will... Thanks
    Hhnmmmm, not the response I was expecting.... Okay, fair enough.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    If people were held to one stupid post a day and 5 good ones, this thread would have still been made.. . point in case, it's the internet, be afraid!!!! The machines will take over on 02-02-2012

While I like the trails rough for FS riding, I don't want to see them destroyed by man or nature. If Trail Doc isn't getting mtn bikers banned from trails, he is likely doing some good, more good to the trails than I will likely ever do.. . I was out on a trail around Lake Arrowhead CA and this trail was crazy messed up b/c of erosion which leads me to believe we need more people like Trail Doc to work on these trails. He means well but the interwebs tends to cause conflicts that probably wouldn't even exist if people were just talking in person.. .

I didn't vote and I have never met TD or riden in Sedona but want to.
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    art
    cho:

As long as I don't have to pay royalties you are my first choice so far, but the competition has just begun.

THX,

TD

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    chongoman - i'll take 10 t-shirts. But i must have them autographed by traildoc

banned
    Jan 2011

That ***** is copyrighted, hands off TD. Will it be hard for you to keep your hands off of it? ???

mtbr member
    cho:

As long as I don't have to pay royalties you are my first choice so far, but the competition has just begun.

THX,

TD
    It's all yours.
    As a Phoenix rider who's experienced your work, it's the least I can do.

Shovel Ready
    Will there be coffee books for sale also?

suvlako
    Just for clarification's sake. Td, do you or do you not build trails for the masses?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL
    chongoman - i'll take 10 t-shirts. But i must have them autographed by traildoc
    Lee and the rest of the TD supporters you don't know how much I appreciate your insightful comments. This has been a difficult period for me, but with your purchases I think I will make it through OK.

I have got to get out and work on the Taurus now, so it will be in tip top shape for the Fat Tire Festival. Wish you guys were all here to do some of the rides that we will be enjoying.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Just for clarification's sake. Td, do you or do you not build trails for the masses?
    I have built several trails for the masses i.e Bandit and Tunnel of Love , but I have also built trails for expert riders i.e. Renegade, Clapping Monkey, Hard Left, Private Reserve, Skid Row, Roller Coaster, Felony, Free Fall, ACL, Lost and Found, Over Budget, The Notch, Rick's Downfall, Top Tube Boogie, Three Rags, Airplane, etc.

Why do you ask?

TD

mtbr member
    I have built several trails for the masses i.e Bandit and Tunnel of Love , but I have also built trails for expert riders i.e. Renegade, Clapping Monkey, Hard Left, Private Reserve, Skid Row, Roller Coaster, Felony, Free Fall, ACL, Lost and Found, Over Budget, The Notch, Rick's Downfall, Top Tube Boogie, Three Rags, Airplane, etc.

Why do you ask?

TD
    I'm so confused now....

TD, you might find this hard to believe but my guess is, most of this forum (myself included) are neither TD haters or supporters. We're just casual observers. Don't you realize that most how go to NASCAR races do so for the crashes?

My other ride is your mom
    this thread is awesome bad.....as an unemployed man, even I find it hard to keep up with all the goings on this monday. You working stiffs must have it hard today. These threads got so intense, I had to go for a ride and now I'm back for more....pass the tequila and bacon please, I'm in for the long haul.....especially after the art work TD posted.....

No mames guey
    My thought was to do up a tee shirt that I could sell at the Fat Tire Festival this coming weekend.

Front of shirt (pic 1)

Back of shirt (pic 2)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-screen-shot-2011-04-18-2.57.21-pm.png  

Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-screen-shot-2011-04-18-2.57.32-pm.png  

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    this thread is awesome bad.....as an unemployed man, even I find it hard to keep up with all the goings on this monday. You working stiffs must have it hard today. These threads got so intense, I had to go for a ride and now I'm back for more....pass the tequila and bacon please, I'm in for the long haul.....especially after the art work TD posted.....
    I am planting a tequila tree at PMP, you care involve yourself in the placement of it with like-minded souls?

mtbr member
    I'm trying to stay as far as possible from this but I really think some of the people who are speaking out should man up and prove who can and can't ride these sections of trail in question. Otherwise it's just a pointless e-pissing match. Videos work. Or an eyewitness account from a trustworthy source.

mtbr member
    I worked all weekend. So, I had time today to support TD. Also got in an awesome ride on some sweet ST . Now, house chores. WooHoo.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Asphxrider I see from your profile that Porq is you favorite trail. You owe TD a bit of thanks since he built LPS.

mtbr member
    You owe TD a bit of thanks since he built LPS.
    Fun trail for sure, but I'd be surprised if he built it by himself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonebone2000
    I'm trying to stay as far as possible from this but I really think some of the people who are speaking out should man up and prove who can and can't ride these sections of trail in question. Otherwise it's just a pointless e-pissing match. Videos work. Or an eyewitness account from a trustworthy source.
    OK, I'll bite. With the exception of the truly sick stuff like sickboy, etc these are some examples of what I consider the hardest downhill sections of trail to clean:
    Backside of HE
    The nose or slickrock drop down to the 2nd saddle on HO
    The three moves on Mescal (crossing the slot, the tough step up to off camber slickrock, and the steep drop)
    The right hand drop on High on the Hog and the drop on Hog Heaven
    The initial and final parts of Damifino
    The skinnies on Killer B

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay
    Fun trail for sure, but I'd be surprised if he built it by himself.
    Jack:

If you can find anyone else but my wife who built it I will give you $1,000. How are your Sedona rides going? Maybe hyfly will say he built it. He has built a lot of the other still secret trails in Moab.

I use to park in the transient parking up at the airport if that helps , you don't look like a terrosit do you? If you do the 525 or Beaver Flat would work. If talking dude chimes in he has developed some nice spots to park.

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL
    Legal action? Really? Azphxrider you should be embarassed for yourself.

Traildoc you are a better troll then even Pete ever was. That's a compliment btw.

no *****.....I don't think anyone can top Pete for king of the trolls. but maybe everyone in these treads could aspire to pedalboy status.
    b

Shovel Ready
    Never been about what I could or could not ride. TD comes of as a pretentious individual. Not saying he is but that is how he plays the interweb game. Some have played along and some have taken it to a different level. I still say there is no need for a caulking gun to repair a water pump on a Taurus.

mtbr member
    Dude, I have chores to do. But, here is some. I'm not gonna sit here and prove myself to you all day. These should work.

and

OOOOOOPs these are not sedona. You get the idea anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-mike-gc.jpg  

Let the COMMUNITY SPEAK-moab-bowl.jpg  

Last edited by helimech; 04-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Jack:

If you can find anyone else but my wife who built it I will give you $1,000.
    That is pretty impressive.

How are your Sedona rides going?
    I'm not there yet, passing trough SLC now, in our sprinter van (it doesn't have any stickers on it though), but I have plenty of GPS routes, including some of the hot new trails such as "eternal pulmination" "certain death" and "It went off accidentally while I was cleaning it" which I'll probably save for last.

I use to park in the transient parking up at the airport if that helps , you don't look like a terrosit do you?
    TD
    Define terrorist

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    I am planting a tequila tree at PMP, you care involve yourself in the placement of it with like-minded souls?

Yes, I do have a gold thumb for these things...I believe my posse needs to join you. Quid pro quo, you get the dibs on my tree as well.

parenting for gnarness
    Yes, I do have a gold thumb for these things...I believe my posse needs to join you. Quid pro quo, you get the dibs on my tree as well.
    we've already had parlays and a deal on the table, until YS's occidental alter-ego decided to go be fit and ride for a week straight. I say our side has been shunned! let's take the tequila and go play for the Arena League.

mtbr member
    You know.. I wish my local ride out your back door ride actually had anything technical enough to sanitize. I think that's my biggest beef with anyone here. I don't get to ride anything cool on a daily basis like some of you jerks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0