Lessoned Learned - Theft- Mtbr.com
    Ahhh the pain....

Lessoned Learned - Theft

Did my first night ride tonight at PMP parking at the small lot south of Shea on Tatum. Returned 2 hours later to find my drivers window smashed and my gear bag gone. The good thing is they left the other more valuable items. Come to find out after speaking with the police, they'll only grab things they can get through the window since opening the door would set off the alarm....
    So, lesson learned: Leave NOTHING within arms reach of the windows.
    The good news is all they got was my Crocs and a canvas bag...

mtbr member
    Damn! Sorry to hear that, man! That's a pretty upscale area too, but I guess nowhere is safe anymore.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum
    Did my first night ride tonight at PMP parking at the small lot south of Shea on Tatum. Returned 2 hours later to find my drivers window smashed and my gear bag gone. The good thing is they left the other more valuable items. Come to find out after speaking with the police, they'll only grab things they can get through the window since opening the door would set off the alarm....
    So, lesson learned: Leave NOTHING within arms reach of the windows.
    The good news is all they got was my Crocs and a canvas bag...

STILL THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about that. I hope they get smacked in the face with a bag of coal for X-mas

Got a suspension fork
    Sorry to hear about that Ray! When I saw your post I thought the worst, that the Ridgeline was stolen - glad to hear they didn't get the crown jewel.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

meow
    That sucks, glad they didn't get much anything of value. That is one of the worst parking lots for break ins, I've seen many car windows smashed and plenty of leftover broken glass over the years. FWIW, it's safer to park at Fry's up the road and ride to the TH.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Should include this kind of info on the sticky for all of the various trails in AZ. As soon as you said shea and tatum, i knew how it would end. Cops should do everyone a favor and leave the glass on the ground as a warning to everyone that decides to park in that lot

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sorry to hear about your truck Ray! Break-ins suck!!!!! Did you ride the BCT on Saturday?

Ahhh the pain....
    Yep, it does suck...even though they made off with < $30 of stuff, they stole my "time" since I'll probably have to spend at least 2 hours of phone calls, etc to get it fixed.
    Mike, I ended up doing LPL from RS on Sat AM... good ride...fit better into my family plans too!

It's a slugfest!
    I've been hit in that exact same lot (although it was maybe 8 years ago). Same thing. Smash 'n grab. Was told by police that that location has a bad reputation. Since then, I never leave anything visible (bags, etc.) from the outside windows. Sorry about the truck and the hassle of getting window fixed...

-S_S
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

Members who have read this thread: 0