Lemmon/Tucson trails in the wet??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Lemmon/Tucson trails in the wet??

In town for next two days for a wedding but brought a mt bike, unfortunately the weather just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with all the rain that just happened/forecasted for tomorrow.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what the trails would be like on Lemmon? Bugs springs was recommended to me?

mtbr member
    Hello,

I'm often checking the updates on the Tucson official web page (like this one, but old
    https://tucson.com/news/local/rain-in-tucson-travel-restrictions-on-mount-lemmon/article_hours_travel_tucson_mount_write my paper in 2 hours). They share the travel restrictions and possible precautions tips.
    I was also wondering if it's better to rent a bike for such spots (I thought about Arizona Bike Rentals and Tours) or bring my own (I live in Corpus Christi)? I know it's stupid, but isn't it wiser to rent a mt bike for such cases?
    Last edited by DrPsyche; 10-30-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Tucson article

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPsyche View Post
    Hello,

I'm often checking the updates on the Tucson official web page (like this one, but old
    https://tucson.com/news/local/rain-in-tucson-travel-restrictions-on-mount-lemmon/article_hours_travel_tucson_mount_write my paper in 2 hours). They share the travel restrictions and possible precautions tips.
    I was also wondering if it's better to rent a bike for such spots (I thought about Arizona Bike Rentals and Tours) or bring my own (I live in Corpus Christi)? I know it's stupid, but isn't it wiser to rent a mt bike for such cases?
    If you don't want to deal with traveling with your bike across the country then renting a bike from a local shop seems like a good option. I always prefer to ride my own bike, especially for big rides.

As far as Mt. Lemmon trails, they hold up very well when they're wet because the terrain is mostly solid rock or decomposing granite which drains very well and does not get mushy. Other trail systems don't do so well when wet, but it's specific to each area due to the varied soil conditions.