Last Ride in AZ- Mtbr.com

Thread: Last Ride in AZ

mtbr member

Last Ride in AZ

AZ riders and friends,

I am doing my last ride in AZ (for a few years) on Sunday. We are meeting in Sierra Vista at Safeway at 7:00 AM and will be at the trailhed at 7:40 at the latest. Doing the 10 Mile loop there and then the Velvet Elvis.

I would like to thank all those who helped me learn to ride the slightly steep curve here in the land of cactus and rocks. Dawn to Dust MTB-thanks guys for all the rides and races-Especially Shane. Bri-you opened the gates to all of this. Glenbob-stop breaking yourself so we can ride more. To the Ft Huachcua Crowd, I tried to get you out and about to the Southern AZ riding. Dane, you pimped all my bikes to a new level of cool. To every Rider I met on the trails-I learned from you.

Thank you Arizona for all the great rides. Off to new adventures in North Carolina.

JL

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Cool, you'll enjoy NC. Spent 4 years there myself (on the coast) and really grew to love it. I don't know how the mtb scene is (seems bit flat) but the beach volley ball is great. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoLizard

I am doing my last ride in AZ
    Thank you Arizona for all the great rides.
    Good luck with your move. I'm about to be in the same boat. My fiancée and I are moving to Ohio at the end of Sept. She got a promotion that requires a transfer. Of course, this happens just as I finally got into mtn biking here in AZ. I went to Flagstaff this weekend and rode Sunset Trail, Little Bear Trail, Little Elden Trail, and Shultz Creek Trail. Sweet Jesus! That was the most fun weekend of mtn biking I've ever had! Not to mention I'm going to miss South Mtn, Hawes, Six Shooter Canyon, Bootleg Canyon in NV, and the great trails in Gallup, NM.

Tears are starting to form. There better be great riding in somewhere near the little town I'm moving to. I'll be close to PA and WV and I know there is great riding there.

Hopefully, I am going to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon this coming weekend. That will probably be my last ride; maybe one more at Hawes before I move.

Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0