Lake Havasu City area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Lake Havasu City area

Other than the SARA park area, does anyone have recommendations of areas to ride? New to the area, and need to explore!

slow uphill
    this question gets asked relatively frequently but nobody ever posts anything definitive... I haven't had a chance to explore the area much but there has to be something...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm 50+ miles north of you. We have great riding out here in Kingman. Cerbat Foothills Recreation Area has a great trail system IMO. It will be getting pretty cold out here in the next few weeks. We have a group that rides some weekdays, and almost every weekend. Hopefully someone from LHC find you some closer riding. If you come up here in the future, check out Bicycle World in Kingman. The owner Jim knows most if not all of the local trails, and maybe some in LHC.

mtbr member
    I'm new to the area & have been spending time @ Sara park
    The riding here in the area is certaintly different than Florida!
    I am venturing up to Kingman for the first time tommorow for a group ride @ Monolith @ 8am.
    http://www.kingmanbicycleoutfitters....view&extid=105

This site is pretty outdated & I have no first hand knowledge of the trails other than Sara Park & Monolith. But worth a look.
    http://wanderlucky.com/mcotr/roadmap.html

See you on the trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Sara Park is about the only place to ride out here. Every other place is mostly jeep and motocross trails. But we can build whatever we want and nobody will bug us. We have built a couple new trails out at sara park over the last few years.

mtbr member
    Just a quick ride report about the Monolith trails - they are completly different than Sara park
    more XC vs SP is more AM with some hike a bike sections thrown in
    worth the drive
    Monolith is very nicely marked & maintained with great scenery

I stopped by the BLM office in Kingman & it looks as if these 2 trail systems are about it as far as single track goes in the area
    but was told everything is available to ride except the wilderness areas so point your wheel & go

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Great replies!

Thanks for all of the great replies! I didnt think about the Kingman area, but will have to make it out there some time. I'm from the Vegas area, but don't get time to ride up there as much as I would like!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Christmas Tree Pass

I know that this is in Nevada but thought I would aks here too.... has anyone ever riddden the Christmas Tree Pass area? I have hunted this area, and think it would make for some fun double track riding. It is the mountain range on the north side of the Laughlin road from US93. It is on the east side of US93.

Happy New Year to all, and great riding!

Members who have read this thread: 0