mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Ladies Skills Class

Do we have anything like this in the valley? Wife would like to learn some more skill out there and I don't have the patience/skill myself to teach her ( ). If we don't, this would be a great idea for some people willing to teach.

http://ridewrc.com/page.cfm?pageID=647

mtbr member
    Check out the Luna Chix:

http://www.lunachixaz.com/

I don't know anyone who has done this, I just know they exist. I also know there are other groups that organize instructional rides. Check out other websites like the MBAA and otherorganizations you may have heard of. Good Luck!
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynis McDermott
    Check out the Luna Chix:

http://www.lunachixaz.com/

I don't know anyone who has done this, I just know they exist. I also know there are other groups that organize instructional rides. Check out other websites like the MBAA and otherorganizations you may have heard of. Good Luck!
    my wife has ridden with the lunachix once or twice, had a lot of fun. She said it was very friendly and is looking forward to their group rides again. She is not a newb and has pretty decent skills, however. their rides seem to be more XCish rather than gnarly, which suits my wife's style. Their website seems to do a good job of designating the type of ride, and that is key for getting out of the ride what you are seeking. ie, don't be a hammerhead joining a C ride, etc.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    There is a woman in Tucson named Martha Lemon who teaches basic skills, and has a class called Mountain Biking 101 which she offers several times a year. She might also e willing to come to Phoenix if you can get people together for a class.

Her website is http://www.fattirefinesse.com/.

mtbr member
    Check with Landis on Warner. I think they have a women's series at the shop. Maybe tomorrow night?
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yep, sonoranbiker is correct, I'd come up to PHX to teach a group. I teach skills classes in Tucson, and I also teach clinics at the MBAA race site the weekend before the race. Info can be found at fattirefinesse.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Check out desertskylifequest.com/mtnbikeclinic.html. This is in Phoenix. There are new dates not yet posted and sessions held by request.

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Melissa Buhl (2008 world 4x champion, top rated dh'r) has done a ladies class a couple of years ago.
    Don't know what her schedule looks like this year, but she might be the person you are looking for.
    I'll send her a link to this thread.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

womens mtb clinics

I am a former pro rider, coach and trainer and I work with women here in the Phoenix. I teach beginners technical riding skills but also teach one-on-one by request. I usually work with riders at T100 on the weekends. Your wife can contact me at www.desertskylifequest.com of she is interested in learning more about it (also see www.desertskylifequest.com/mtnbikeclinic.html for more info.).

I have also heard that Luna Chicks runs some events and rides that are great but fairly non-techinical.

-amy

Members who have read this thread: 0