Kudos to Nite Rider- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... Kudos to Nite Rider

I bought a Nite Rider 600 Pro at a LBS this past week. I used it on the night ride at Pemberton last Friday night. It worked well, made really good light and lasted the evening with time to spare. The problem I had was with the charging base, it would just blink out when I put the battery in it to charge, the software would go funky and not recognize it anymore, etc. I called Nite Rider in SD and they sent me a new charger and power supply, FREE with a return shipment label for the old stuff. My new charger base and power supply showed today, works great! Thanks to the guys at Nite Rider for good customer service and "Advanced Replacement" to get my new charger here quickly.

I wish more companies worked like this.

Speed996
    Horaaaay for Made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!
    It pays off to support LBS and M in USA IMHO, I only use Nite Rider... sure there are lots of good lights out there, maybe even brighter, and some cheaper but you get what you pay for too. Last night race I was at, they fixed a broken strap on one of my lights on the spot no charge of course. Good guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i got one at REI for 149+tax used it at Pemberton too last friday and liked it(my first night ride), I got another one yesterday at modernbike.com for $111 shipped!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    It won't be your last dealings with Nite Rider!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedlin' Slow View Post
    It won't be your last dealings with Nite Rider!
    What does that mean exactly?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Night rider has had numerous problems with their wiring and chargers. I speak from lots of experience first hand. I went with 2 Lupine Bettys and have never looked back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've been using a Pro 600 for 2 years without any problems, few months ago supplemented it with a Minewt 250, again no problems.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I did a 24 hr. race a couple of months ago and one of my lights was a Nite Rider. First lap out and the light works for about 1 min. I use my backup, Ayup,and have my girlfriend drop it off at the NITE RIDER light station.
    Come in the next lap and she gives me the light and says the Nite Rider guy put a new cord on it and now it will work. The light works for about 30 sec. I again use the backup and she brings the light back to Nite Rider.
    Come in the next lap and she tells me that Nite Rider guy says the connection is bad in the battery and we'll have to send it in to Nite Rider.
    I ask her if they had any lights to use and the Nite Rider guy says we'll have to rent one.
    Effen blow me Nite Rider. Horrible support and even worse lights.
    I'll get responses on how Nite Rider is great and blah, blah, blah, but those D-bags wouldn't even support someone with a bad light during a 24 hr. race.
    Nite Rider sells to the uninformed. Period.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    huh,.. well I think anyone could have a bad report or a good report. I will report only my own experiences and I would expect the same from others.

Pedlin' -- I would smack the guy at the race for not supporting someone representing the company by using the product.

I had a race experience with Pivot (I ride a Mach 429) and I had a problem so the Pivot guy at the race made the repair free and fast and I was back on the course.

I will report back periodically as I use the lights more and more over the next few months. I hope to be able to report good things. We'll see,...