Kona Unit 2-9- Mtbr.com

Thread: Kona Unit 2-9

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Kona Unit 2-9

Hi guys,

I'm visiting Phoenix late November from the UK and I thought I might use the opportunity to get myself a Unit 2-9 - their 500 here in the UK but just $500 in the US (I really don't know why we get ripped off so much either )

Are there any Phoenix LBS's that might stock a Unit (that I could get when I get there) or will I be better off ordering online and getting it sent to my US address?

Ideally I'd like to take back a frame and rigid fork combo as the start of a long term project.

Thanks in advance

pedaller
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, I'd checked out the bikeman option for mail order.

I've emailed SP too just in case.

Thanks

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenorm
    Are there any Phoenix LBS's that might stock a Unit (that I could get when I get there) or will I be better off ordering online and getting it sent to my US address?
    Rage Cycles on Scottsdale Rd. Google it for info. Ask for Peter.
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    Rage Cycles on Scottsdale Rd. Google it for info. Ask for Peter.
    I have their details too...I'll give them a call...Cheers.

What's that smell?
    Rage sucks ass. Slippery Pig has more Kona and 29er experience than anyone in Phoenix.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by phxartboy
    Rage sucks ass. Slippery Pig has more Kona and 29er experience than anyone in Phoenix.
    I don't think Rage sucks, but the Pig is undoubtedly the best place to get a 29er in Arizona. They also have several Konas. I was there a week or so ago and they had a 20 inch 2007 Unit 2-9 on the wall. Not sure if it was sold or something, but Kona will tell you that the 2007 is not available until the end of the year. I would call Eric at the Pig ASAP if 20in is your size, or even if it is not. If anyone can get you a 2007, he can.

PS: As an FYI, the 2007 Unit 2-9 has been slightly re-designed at the downtube. It has been beefed up and the tube is now traditional round instead of shaped.Purple too. Here is the message I got from Kona:

Geoffrey- We have made a couple changes for 2007. However I would feel fine riding the frame you have. We have a lot of them out there w/only a small number of problems. We have beefed up the thickness of the tubing. The 2007 frames will not be available till sometime after the first of the year. Hope this answers your questions. Cheers, ffice:smarttags" />Ed -- PS- This was forwarded to me since I am the warranty guy.fficeffice" />>>
    I AM JUST A JERK

What's that smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    I don't think Rage sucks
    I've only been there 3 times but each time was treated like crap.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Was it the same guy? What happened? My experiences at Rage have been good and I have heard from several others that agree. However, I think all bike shops suck and the real issue is who sucks less. So, I really should have said that Rage sucks less than most other shops.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Rage seems like an okay shop but they did rebuild an old fork of mine backwards (i.e. left internals in the right leg & right internals in the left leg). I was bummed because the fork never felt the same even after they fixed it.

What's that smell?
    I didn't want to derail the thread, but each time I was there they were very condescending and acted like I didn't belong there. Once there were a group of roadies with European accents and the staff wanted nothing to do with any of the other customers. 3 strikes, they're out.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Funny, I've been treated like crap at the Pig both times I went there.

Members who have read this thread: 0