knocked out- Mtbr.com

Thread: knocked out

mtbr member
    May 2005

knocked out

So this past Memorial Day some friends & I went to the NRA pit. After a couple runs, I ended up going way to fast & overshooting one of the jumps, and taking a little nap. I guess I was out for only about a minute or so. I got up & had some other injuries, but I proceeded with my day out there. I had to face my demons & hit the jump that got me, and I feel I always need to hit the BIG jump at the bottom before I leave.

Just wondering if anyone else can tell me how long it should take for this old man to feel back to normal? I never threw-up or anything, a small head ache but that is it. I just seem to get light headed every once and a while.

Occidental Tourist
    Sounds like you should go see yer doc. Head injuries are not to be taken lightly.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

~Disc~Golf~
    some people get little headaches and then die.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Sounds like you should go see yer doc. Head injuries are not to be taken lightly.
    True dat. you need to go get your CAT scanned, to see the extent of the drain brammage.

mtbr member
    Concussions can make you feel like crap for a couple of weeks. Definite Dr. visit.

AZ
    banned
    Yeah , see the doc , closed head injuries can kill .

~Disc~Golf~

mtbr member
    Look what happened to Rowdy Burns when he ignored his head trauma. He had to ask his nemesis to drive his car.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I would suggest not to ride again until you get checked out by your Dr.. Google "second impact syndrome". Please don't think you simply "got your bell rung", you HAVE a concussion.

mtbr member
    A kid I knew in high school died three days after hitting his head. I think it was about a month or so before our class graduation.

Get your head checked!
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

"No Clue Crew"
    I've had a few concussions. YOU have a concussion. Listen to what evryone else is saying and get to the Dr. today. Better safe than sorry.

~Disc~Golf~
    hopefully that's where he's at and why no responses as yet

JohnniO
    Since you are posting on a bike board about a serious head injury a week ago you already have brain damage or...

Pivotal figure
    Isn't brain damage a prerequisite for your login here? Seriously though, get yourself checked and follow the Doc's orders. It's not worth dying over.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

It's a slugfest!
    Hey Fish? You still around? Let us know if you're still hangin' in there.....

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    His profile shows he visited the site yesterday afternoon so he must be OK, for now.

mtbr member
    For ANY head injury especially those involving LOC (loss of consciousness), you should ALWAYS go see a doctor! It's a no brainer and it's not something that should be played with or taken lightly if you value your life whatsoever. Head injuries go downhill very very quickly and you will not survive once you or anyone around you realizes any symptoms.

~Disc~Golf~

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro
    For ANY head injury especially those involving LOC (loss of consciousness), you should ALWAYS go see a doctor! It's a no brainer and it's not something that should be played with or taken lightly if you value your life whatsoever. Head injuries go downhill very very quickly and you will not survive once you or anyone around you realizes any symptoms.
    This is incorrect. You should wait a week and when you start drooling, check the MTBR boards for expert medical advice. If people know bikes then they definately know a thing or two about neurology.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Isn't brain damage a prerequisite for your login here? Seriously though, get yourself checked and follow the Doc's orders. It's not worth dying over.
    Quite true.
    Concussions are interesting.

Getting checked is a good idea.

Meatbomb
    enjoy your head wound.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    hey all I'm OK

Just so you all know, I did not see a doc & I should have the day it happened. Since I had moved on, & lived several days afterwards I figured I would try and get some info from those who had also had been KNOCKED OUT. I had talked to a nurse through my insurance already & she told me that since I had none of the seveer reactions (vomiting, memory loss,knot, ect) she felt that I did not need to see a doc unless something changed. I basically have been fine accept for the other injuries, but I would get a little light headed every once and a while last week. This has seem to stop since & now I just have to deal with the black & blue hip, butt, shoulder and leg.

Thanx for all your concern
    Hope to be back at the jumps.... maybe in a couple of weeks.
    fish

Pivotal figure
    Be supah careful man
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Dude, not to sound like an ass or anything but you say everything was fine and then you go on to say that you spent last week a little light headed every now and then?! I will just never understand some people when it comes to their health and how nonchalant they are about it. As someone said earlier, mental judgement is not always a prerequisite for this sport.

There are such things as a slow bleed in the head you know. It's exactly how my grandfather died after he took a small fall and got a small bump on the head. Several weeks later after fighting the insurance company to get him a CAT scan he had a small headache and they admitted him. Sure enough, he had a small bleed that increased his ICP to a dangerous level. After several surgeries his body just couldn't take it any more and he passed.

I'm not trying to paint a horrible picture here but head injuries are NO joke. It's not worth risking your life whatsoever... at least in my opinion.

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro
    Dude, not to sound like an ass or anything but you say everything was fine and then you go on to say that you spent last week a little light headed every now and then?! I will just never understand some people when it comes to their health and how nonchalant they are about it. As someone said earlier, mental judgement is not always a prerequisite for this sport.

There are such things as a slow bleed in the head you know. It's exactly how my grandfather died after he took a small fall and got a small bump on the head. Several weeks later after fighting the insurance company to get him a CAT scan he had a small headache and they admitted him. Sure enough, he had a small bleed that increased his ICP to a dangerous level. After several surgeries his body just couldn't take it any more and he passed.

I'm not trying to paint a horrible picture here but head injuries are NO joke. It's not worth risking your life whatsoever... at least in my opinion.
    It's almost shocking that in this day and age someone can get past the age of twelve and not know this. Then again people still leave kids and dogs in hot cars, toddlers unsupervised around ungated pools and loaded unlocked guns laying around despite the fact that most of us see this stuff as no-brainer stuff. Darwin I guess.

Meatbomb
    I still run with scissors and am considering buying a magic shine light set.

but serious.... u should have seen a doc Fish.

Members who have read this thread: 0