Kavurider:- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 97 of 97

Thread: Kavurider:

  1. #1
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278

    Kavurider:

    How about a ride report aboard the new Karpiel please.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    It lets you run over rocks, small children with ease.

    It scares hikers.

    That is all.

  3. #3
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    How about a ride report aboard the new Karpiel please.
    Here's the ride report. He dropped into 32nd street and the tire came up 13" and was buzzing the back of his seat.

    The trail basically parted like the Red Sea in fear of being destroyed by the 60+lb rock crusher of a bike.

    Tonka® issued a cease and desist letter for using their likeness.

    I think I got a hernia trying to pick that bike up.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Here's the ride report. He dropped into 32nd street and the tire came up 13" and was buzzing the back of his seat.

    The trail basically parted like the Red Sea in fear of being destroyed by the 60+lb rock crusher of a bike.

    Tonka® issued a cease and desist letter for using their likeness.

    I think I got a hernia trying to pick that bike up.
    I raised the seat a bit, seems to be ok now. My old Armageddon did the same thing.

    Riding the Hairball loop on it yesterday was funny.

    Those 2.7 Kenda's rock!

  5. #5
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Sixty,

    How did the rockabilly monster bike do?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  6. #6
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Sixty,

    How did the rockabilly monster bike do?
    Its fun, totally not something to use as a everyday bike.

    It's the stiffest bike I have ever ridden, more so than the old Banshee Morphine.

    Its loud.

    You have no choice but to ride it standing the whole way. National was interesting that way. Good way to practice your "Steve Peat" style.

    When sitting on the seat, the handlebars are as high as your chest.

    Going downhill it accelerates like a sports car, most of the time it was rung out.

    It jumps like a gazelle and lands like a dump truck.

    It has zero chance of going uphill unless being pushed because of the geometry. I am going to ditch the granny ring up front, its totally useless.

    People give it funny looks.

    It is the perfect Candy Mountain bike

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    People give it funny looks.
    This alone makes it awesome.

  8. #8
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    So I heard that Geronimo is not a downhill trail?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    So I heard that Geronimo is not a downhill trail?
    Apparently it has no flow and is too rocky.

  10. #10
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Apparently it has no flow and is too rocky.
    Then what does that make 24thst.?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Then what does that make 24thst.?
    Fun.
    I don't think he's ridden it.

  12. #12
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    All I got to say is that I saw a group of 3 guys getting ready to ride Holbert yesterday...

    Not that big of a deal, except for that fact that they were on UNICYCLES!

    This alone puts Markskee's crying about Geronimo into the "massive build up of sand in the v" category.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    All I got to say is that I saw a group of 3 guys getting ready to ride Holbert yesterday...

    Not that big of a deal, except for that fact that they were on UNICYCLES!

    This alone puts Markskee's crying about Geronimo into the "massive build up of sand in the v" category.
    LOL.
    MUni's rule!

    I told Markskee that the new saying is Chumba Fo Lyfe before dropping into a trail (replacing balls deep, etc).

    He didn't seem too stoked on that...

  14. #14
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    LOL.
    MUni's rule!

    I told Markskee that the new saying is Chumba Fo Lyfe before dropping into a trail (replacing balls deep, etc).

    He didn't seem too stoked on that...

    HAHAHAHA.

    Should be Chumba Glam Fo Life Yo!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    HAHAHAHA.

    Should be Chumba Glam Fo Life Yo!
    Betta recognize foo'!

  16. #16
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Betta recognize foo'!
    So no replies from Markskee, I guess he went back to competitive paintball.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  17. #17
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    So no replies from Markskee, I guess he went back to competitive paintball.
    He couldn't handle the stress of seeing the Chumba getting scratched

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    I'm pretty disappointed.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Wow, he was lurking...nothing.

    Who's riding tonight?

  20. #20
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    He's still lurking.....

    I might attempt a hike up Geronimo if I get outta work on time.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    He's still lurking.....

    I might attempt a hike up Geronimo if I get outta work on time.
    that's what I really want to do, but I think I'd run out of light before I got to the top.
    You should ride Hairball with me, its pretty gnarbot...hike is about the same too...lol.

  22. #22
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    He is out there.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  23. #23
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    "Geronimo, thats like one giant rock garden"...markskee, saturday Sept. 13, 2008

  24. #24
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    "Geronimo, thats like one giant rock garden"...markskee, saturday Sept. 13, 2008
    Definitely not a DH trail...


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Definitely not a DH trail...

    Man, I hadn't shuttled in so long, I forgot just how much fun those trails are.
    I miss Holbert...definitely riding it this weekend, shuttles or not.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    How about a ride report aboard the new Karpiel please.
    Do you like a 26" wheel up your but as well? If so ride a Carp!

    And by the way have you seen my wallet?

  27. #27
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix

    It jumps like a gazelle and lands like a dump truck.
    HAHA!!! That's pretty funny. Actually, the whole description made me laugh right out loud. Thanks for the chuckle.... Oh, and the chicklets in the other user conflict thread had me snickering... you're full of good lines today!

  28. #28
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    HAHA!!! That's pretty funny. Actually, the whole description made me laugh right out loud. Thanks for the chuckle.... Oh, and the chicklets in the other user conflict thread had me snickering... you're full of good lines today!
    I have a gem or two once in a while...

    Glad I could give you a laugh, hope you're feeling better

  29. #29
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    I don't even know whats going on...man.

  30. #30
    I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Reputation: Greffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    874
    Brent lets see pics of the pic man....I want to finish mine bad but need to gather more funds..
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

  31. #31
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greffster
    Brent lets see pics of the pic man....I want to finish mine bad but need to gather more funds..


    Came together pretty well for using basically what I had lying around. Fork came from Kavu, bought the wheels. The rest was either sitting in my garage or donated.

    Have fun getting a fork on that thing, it was a total PITA

  32. #32
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix


    Came together pretty well for using basically what I had lying around. Fork came from Kavu, bought the wheels. The rest was either sitting in my garage or donated.

    Have fun getting a fork on that thing, it was a total PITA

    How did you lik those tires?????

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Rode Hairball last night with DooDooBoi. Sickgnar.

    I actually pinch-flatted my rear tire (2.7 Kenda with a Maxxis Tube). So lucky that DooDoo had a tube on him. I rode some of the trail on the rim though, think I knocked it a bit out of true, so when I put the tire back on, its now rubbing against the chainguide.

    Oh yeah...weighed the Karpiel this morning, using the bathroom scale method: 53 lbs.

  34. #34
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I don't even know whats going on...man.

    No one really does.

    We usually post up new threads to just shite talk to each other!!!

  35. #35
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I don't even know whats going on...man.

    WHERE'S MY WALLET!!

    The Geax tires are ok, they kinda remind me of Kendas, which I hate personally.

  36. #36
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Rode Hairball last night with DooDooBoi. Sickgnar.

    I actually pinch-flatted my rear tire (2.7 Kenda with a Maxxis Tube). So lucky that DooDoo had a tube on him. I rode some of the trail on the rim though, think I knocked it a bit out of true, so when I put the tire back on, its now rubbing against the chainguide.

    Oh yeah...weighed the Karpiel this morning, using the bathroom scale method: 53 lbs.
    I rode the Xterra over to Los Dos Molinos and had some gnar enchiladas and margaritas

    Gonna go pedal SoMo after work today

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I rode the Xterra over to Los Dos Molinos and had some gnar enchiladas and margaritas

    Gonna go pedal SoMo after work today
    You missed a great ride.

    Oh yeah, gnar gnar road ride to Samurai Sam's after, can't forget that!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  38. #38
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Where's the ride tonight?

    Bob, looks like a NRA trip might be in store on Saturday.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  39. #39
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You missed a great ride.

    Oh yeah, gnar gnar road ride to Samurai Sam's after, can't forget that!
    So how do you pinch flat a 2.7 Kenda?

    Thats like pinch flatting a bulldozer tire.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    So how do you pinch flat a 2.7 Kenda?

    Thats like pinch flatting a bulldozer tire.
    I dunno. I didn't think I was running that low a tire pressure. Guess I was wrong.

    That trail is super rocky though, that probably had something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  41. #41
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,780
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    So how do you pinch flat a 2.7 Kenda?

    Thats like pinch flatting a bulldozer tire.
    I have some crappy 2.6 kendas, trust me, pinch flatting em is not hard.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  42. #42
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I have some crappy 2.6 kendas, trust me, pinch flatting em is not hard.
    The 2.7 Dual Ply Nevegal's actually measure almost 3" at the knobs and their sidewalls are super stiff. Although I totally hate Kenda tires, so my experience with them is limited.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    The 2.7 Dual Ply Nevegal's actually measure almost 3" at the knobs and their sidewalls are super stiff. Although I totally hate Kenda tires, so my experience with them is limited.
    Not stiff enough obviously.

    I still like them though.

    Ow, still picking cholla spikes out of my arm...clipped one yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  44. #44
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,780
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Although I totally hate Kenda tires, so my experience with them is limited.
    Me too. I thought I was crazy a few weeks because I couldn't mount my kenda tire straight on the rim so it wasn't all warped and wobbling as I rode. It wasn't the wheel or my installation, it was just a warped-a$$ POS tire. Totally worth the $5 I paid though.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Me too. I thought I was crazy a few weeks because I couldn't mount my kenda tire straight on the rim so it wasn't all warped and wobbling as I rode. It wasn't the wheel or my installation, it was just a warped-a$$ POS tire. Totally worth the $5 I paid though.
    Haha.
    I've had experience with a lot of Kenda tires...this doesn't surprise me.

    I ran Maxxis Minions all last year. Big fan. Also like Arrow tires, heavy but awesome traction. The 2.7 Nevegal is bigger than my old Arrow 3.0 Savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  46. #46
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Me too. I thought I was crazy a few weeks because I couldn't mount my kenda tire straight on the rim so it wasn't all warped and wobbling as I rode. It wasn't the wheel or my installation, it was just a warped-a$$ POS tire. Totally worth the $5 I paid though.

    Exactly my experience. When I moved out here, everyone was "Kenda's are THE tires for the desert" so I bought some Nevegals and Blue Grooves. I rode them for all of a few rides. Couldn't ever get them mounted straight, they rolled like Play Doh® and didn't grip all that well.

    Been on Maxxis ever since.

  47. #47
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Me too. I thought I was crazy a few weeks because I couldn't mount my kenda tire straight on the rim so it wasn't all warped and wobbling as I rode. It wasn't the wheel or my installation, it was just a warped-a$$ POS tire. Totally worth the $5 I paid though.
    $5 for a kenda, I'd take that too! I still like the Nevegal as a front tire on my XC rig or at least until they make a 2.4 minion.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  48. #48
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    $5 for a kenda, I'd take that too! I still like the Nevegal as a front tire on my XC rig or at least until they make a 2.4 minion.
    They do make a 2.4 Minion, its called a 2.5, which actually measures 2.4, the 2.35 is actually a 2.25.

    Thats why on the Ardents they finally started labeling them 2.6 and 2.4.

  49. #49
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,780
    Ditto on the minions, always a good choice, but you also gotta feel the power of the Comp32.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Ditto on the minions, always a good choice, but you also gotta feel the power of the Comp32.
    Well, these 2.7's were free, so you can't beat that! Their shear size and footprint is why they have good traction.

    Minions are nice, I have a set of 2.6 3C Ardents that I think I'm going to finally try (take that Sixty )

    I ran a 2.8 Michelin up front for a little bit...talk about a big tire!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  51. #51
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Ditto on the minions, always a good choice, but you also gotta feel the power of the Comp32.

    Would you say the 2.35 Nevegal are the same size as the 2.5 minions then or pretty close?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  52. #52
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Well, these 2.7's were free, so you can't beat that! Their shear size and footprint is why they have good traction.

    Minions are nice, I have a set of 2.6 3C Ardents that I think I'm going to finally try (take that Sixty )

    I ran a 2.8 Michelin up front for a little bit...talk about a big tire!
    Can't mess with the Ardents. They are the most "flickable" tire I have ridden. You can just throw the front end where you want it and it sticks. Well, with a little persuasion

    Got Joey to switch to them the other night and he was loving them too.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Can't mess with the Ardents. They are the most "flickable" tire I have ridden. You can just throw the front end where you want it and it sticks. Well, with a little persuasion

    Got Joey to switch to them the other night and he was loving them too.
    We shall see.
    I should get a bit more clearance in back with the 2.6.

    Oh yeah - rode clipless last night! For the first time in awhile. It was weird, but it all came back to me pretty quickly! It was nice not being tossed around a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  54. #54
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Would you say the 2.35 Nevegal are the same size as the 2.5 minions then or pretty close?
    Yeah, the Nevegals, and Kenda's in general are larger than they say, and Maxxis are usually smaller that they are labeled, except for the Ardent which is pretty much spot on.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Yeah, the Nevegals, and Kenda's in general are larger than they say, and Maxxis are usually smaller that they are labeled, except for the Ardent which is pretty much spot on.
    Kenda's are huge...their sizing is way off.
    Take the Telonix, those are about the same size as the old Gazzi's.
    Very moto.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  56. #56
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Kenda's are huge...their sizing is way off.
    Take the Telonix, those are about the same size as the old Gazzi's.
    Very moto.
    So the 2.5 Minion doesn't sound crazy on the front of the stumpy or at least not as crazy as a 53 pound DH bike
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    So the 2.5 Minion doesn't sound crazy on the front of the stumpy or at least not as crazy as a 53 pound DH bike
    What's crazy about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  58. #58
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    What's crazy about that?
    You haven't answered my question
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    You haven't answered my question
    Aren't you running a 2.5 Minion on the Stinky?
    Take it off, put it on the Stumpy, if it fits, great, if not, then you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  60. #60
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Aren't you running a 2.5 Minion on the Stinky?
    Take it off, put it on the Stumpy, if it fits, great, if not, then you know.
    Oh yeah,
    Yes but that involves removing the thru axle. Too much work for me.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Oh yeah,
    Yes but that involves removing the thru axle. Too much work for me.
    I guess it doesn't make a difference, since you don't even ride bikes anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515

    Karps first big hit bike!

    Oooohhhhh you know you wana sport it Kav it's so retro. First production bike limited to one serial is 00000001 then they broke the mold.

    I think you should ride it in tour de fat this year, with the gold pants of course!

    It's very motoesk with the dirtbike tires. JK man we think you are way cool.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  63. #63
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    I guess it doesn't make a difference, since you don't even ride bikes anymore
    I have been cross training for Moab. I bet you bail a week before the trip due to abdominal cramping
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  64. #64
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I have been cross training for Moab. I bet you bail a week before the trip due to abdominal cramping
    I think Markskee needs to come to Moab. He would probably lump The Whole Enchilada into the "DH" trail category.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I have been cross training for Moab. I bet you bail a week before the trip due to abdominal cramping

    Training for what? Not throwing up on the road back from Porcupine?

    You better wheelie up the climbs then.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  66. #66
    Go Big or Go Home
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    Oooohhhhh you know you wana sport it Kav it's so retro. First production bike limited to one serial is 00000001 then they broke the mold.

    I think you should ride it in tour de fat this year, with the gold pants of course!

    It's very motoesk with the dirtbike tires. JK man we think you are way cool.

    That rear end looks a lot like a Chumba.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I think Markskee needs to come to Moab. He would probably lump The Whole Enchilada into the "DH" trail category.
    LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by romeroja
    That rear end looks a lot like a Chumba.
    HAHAHAH Yeah I figured you might say that I am just trying to spark a good picture war but insted everyone keeps on whining about tire size.

  69. #69
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    HAHAHAH Yeah I figured you might say that I am just trying to spark a good picture war but insted everyone keeps on whining about tire size.
    Its because we have options about what size tires we can run and are not limited to just 2.5's

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    HAHAHAH Yeah I figured you might say that I am just trying to spark a good picture war but insted everyone keeps on whining about tire size.
    No, we're also talking about your dislike of real DH trails.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  71. #71
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by romeroja
    That rear end looks a lot like a Chumba.
    LOL, straight up p3n0ge.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  72. #72
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Hahahahahahahaha... New F10? 10 as in 10 inch tires?

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515
    It's ok guys man everyone is whiny today I am outta here! I have bigger fish to fry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  74. #74
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    It's ok guys man everyone is whiny today I am outta here! I have bigger fish to fry.
    If by fish you mean "dialing" in your DHX 5 then take all the time you want.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    If by fish you mean "dialing" in your DHX 5 then take all the time you want.
    Maximum Strength Pwnage!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Maximum Strength Pwnage!!!

    Ok with the pwnage blurbs and get back to more important things like playing Warcraft, watching Star Wars or collecting vintage DH cycling items.

    JK man you know I still think your cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  77. #77
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    Ok with the pwnage blurbs and get back to more important things like playing Warcraft, watching Star Wars or collecting vintage DH cycling items.

    JK man you know I still think your cool.
    So you gonna try Holbert this weekend?

    I'll make you a deal. I'll do it on the hardtail, if you just do it. DooDooBoi, this applies to you too.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    So you gonna try Holbert this weekend?

    I'll make you a deal. I'll do it on the hardtail, if you just do it. DooDooBoi, this applies to you too.
    Holberto?! HOLBERTO?! YES YES YES
    Sorry, Excited...
    Let's do it!! Saturday morning, its on like Donkey Kong!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    So you gonna try Holbert this weekend?

    I'll make you a deal. I'll do it on the hardtail, if you just do it. DooDooBoi, this applies to you too.
    I've done Holberto before several times actually, I dont mind doing it but its going to be a 1 run deal on Sunday I have a wedding to be at on Sat.

  80. #80
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,780
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Would you say the 2.35 Nevegal are the same size as the 2.5 minions then or pretty close?
    They may be kind of close, but they're very different tires. I ripped knobs off of the nevagals like crazy, exposing the threads and actually compramising them. They were so "sticky" that the damn tread didn't even stick to the tire. Minions have a DH casing and are simply DH tires, super grippy, great at a lot of different terrain, and so on. I could pinch the kendas pretty easily, but not so with the minions.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  81. #81
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    I've done Holberto before several times actually, I dont mind doing it but its going to be a 1 run deal on Sunday I have a wedding to be at on Sat.
    Wait Wait Wait.... You've done it? When? Who can verify this? And you were calling the WAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE about Geronimo being to rocky?

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    I've done Holberto before several times actually, I dont mind doing it but its going to be a 1 run deal on Sunday I have a wedding to be at on Sat.
    Lame.

    Well, Saturday morning, either shuttles or I'm just going to hike/ride up for either Geronimo or Holberto.

    Then maybe some NRA action with B.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  83. #83
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Lame.

    Well, Saturday morning, either shuttles or I'm just going to hike/ride up for either Geronimo or Holberto.

    Then maybe some NRA action with B.
    ah, I can't wait until my saturday class is done. Sunday shuttle might work.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    ah, I can't wait until my saturday class is done. Sunday shuttle might work.
    You still down for NRA that day?
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  85. #85
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You still down for NRA that day?
    Yeah, just p'd I can't shuttle Saturday.

    Wow, 1g I am so not proud.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Yeah, just p'd I can't shuttle Saturday.
    You can shuttle Sunday! I'll be there for that too! With bells on.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  87. #87
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You can shuttle Sunday! I'll be there for that too! With bells on.
    I'm In...

    Markskee can't make it, he has to finish his science project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  88. #88
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I'm In...

    Markskee can't make it, he has to finish his science project.
    I will have bells on and bling on my goggles.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I will have bells on and bling on my goggles.
    YES!!
    And congrats on 1K.
    That's 1000 posts talking ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  90. #90
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    YES!!
    And congrats on 1K.
    That's 1000 posts talking ****.
    Slacker

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Slacker
    You going to ride Saturday morning?

    I think Doodoo and I are thinking of maybe doing a Friday night ride. Possibly...
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  92. #92
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You going to ride Saturday morning?

    I think Doodoo and I are thinking of maybe doing a Friday night ride. Possibly...
    I am playing it by ear. Plans are too difficult. Alcohol gets involved and things go to hell

    I am leaving work in 30 minutes and I am still debating whether I want to ride after work

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I am playing it by ear. Plans are too difficult. Alcohol gets involved and things go to hell

    I am leaving work in 30 minutes and I am still debating whether I want to ride after work
    K.
    I'll be there.
    Probably hiking up Geronimo.
    Please don't run me over.

    And boy...I know that feeling...

    You should ride Hairball with us sometime!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  94. #94
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    YES!!
    And congrats on 1K.
    That's 1000 posts talking ****.
    Pretty much, you riding tonight?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Pretty much, you riding tonight?
    Negative. Swapping tires on the Karpiel. Not sure if its the Kenda or the rim is whacked, but the tire is hitting the chainguide pretty good.

    Tomorrow...maybe...possibly...

    Friday, Saturday, Sunday fo sho!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  96. #96
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    Oooohhhhh you know you wana sport it Kav it's so retro. First production bike limited to one serial is 00000001 then they broke the mold.

    I think you should ride it in tour de fat this year, with the gold pants of course!

    It's very motoesk with the dirtbike tires. JK man we think you are way cool.



    Markskee truly showing his actually riding style with this bike!!

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Markskee truly showing his actually riding style with this bike!!
    Dude...what?
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.