Kaboose: Just missed you- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kaboose: Just missed you

Hey Kaboose I heard you were like 10 seconds behind me while I was riding DC today. Would have been nice to meet you and check out that blinged out sultan in person. Those two guys were chilling at the water tower which is where i turned around then I saw them back at the ramadas and they said someone had the same exact bike as me. I figured it had to have been you because of the unique color scheme of the bike. Maybe we can meet up and ride sometime I like to go during the week better so I don't get mauled by hikers and dogs.

im4Gsus
    yes, that was meeeeeeeeeeeee; i just got home!

i was riding towards the water tank and saw three guys up there. i took the climb to my left and i saw a rider zooming down on proper. that's when i noticed the blue stem and knew it had to be you. it would've been nice to meet you too.

it was "Dane's" first ride on DC. i think i still need to adjust the handlebar height. i think it's too high now.

how long have you had your sultan?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    Only about a week and a half. I'm so over all the DW link talk. I can't imagine how anything could ride anything better. Plus the price was killer. Do you normally ride from pima canyon ramadas (48 st) or from the other side (warpaint I think)?

im4Gsus
    oh, yours is new too, cool! yeah, the DW link might be ok, but i rather have more cush and this configuration delivers gr8 for me. i have an '05 turner 5-spot which has the much-appraised-then Horst Link. now nobody remembers... me thinks the same will happen with this new link. (oh oh, have i opened a can worms now? )

i usually start from the ramadas but today, because of a later start (0710), i started from san gabriel and 41st and took the flats to the tank. from there i went to the warpaint loop and back via sidewinder (aka secret).

where do you start from? maybe we can meet next monday.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    I start from the 48st ramadas and normally ride DC to the tank or a little past and then back.

Members who have read this thread: 0