Iron Mountain Ride Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Iron Mountain Ride Report

Solo'd Iron Mountain Trail in North San Diego County a couple times last week. Fun and semi-tech trail with similarities to SoMo. Worth a ride if you are in SD with a bike. Tough climb with a lot of HAB, especially for me on a freeride bike.

Fast flowing single track descent
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Naturally bermed turns
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Chunky rock gardens and tech switchbacks
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

And nice views
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The ocean is out there somewhere, though it's hard to see in the picture with the haze and late day glare.

mtbr member
    Looks like fun! nice fork by the way.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member

crazy switchbacks

Definitely looks challenging.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Looks like fun! nice fork by the way.
    Thanks, some wrench that rides a Nomad and climbs real slow hooked me up pretty solid on those replacement lowers . I'm going for the black chopper look with no stickers... low profile . It felt good on the rides out there and at Candy Mtn this weekend, the 10w oil feels better. It didn't bottom, even when I took the steeper ladder drop front heavy. How was moab?

Shred...it's the new drug
    gotta love a bullit! flow you in for wed. mornin' shuttle? Starts this week!!!

Downhill Messiah
    I've gotta get out there, that place looks like a blast.
    Madspeed always prevails!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    Thanks, some wrench that rides a Nomad and climbs real slow hooked me up pretty solid on those replacement lowers . I'm going for the black chopper look with no stickers... low profile . It felt good on the rides out there and at Candy Mtn this weekend, the 10w oil feels better. It didn't bottom, even when I took the steeper ladder drop front heavy. How was moab?
    You must be talking about Poi Boy with the Nomad . 10w is one of the tricks for that fork, there are others but secret.

Moab was a hoot, need to get back up there soon. Alot of tech trails to explore .
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    I haven't made it up to moab yet, may have to tag along next time you head up there.

I'm down for wednesday morning shuttles bob, but only have time for one quick run before work. Meet at 5:30?

Iron Mtn is a good trail, but it's a lot of work, and I know you like climbing even less than me Terry. There's another sick trail in that area that Tony and me have been talking about hitting up at some point that is shuttleable and has a lot of built freeride stuff. We should get a group going out there one weekend. It's not much further of a drive than Candy Mtn.

Members who have read this thread: 0