mtbr member

Insurance for Action Sport Athletes- and why does this site always load like crap?

#1- I am researching personal medical, emergency medevac and short/long term disability insurance options for action sports athletes like the Freestyle Moto guys I work with, race car drivers, DH MTB guys.

-I would like to talk with someone(s) about options available, est.costs, exclusions for competition or previous injury etc.
    -You and the company you rep may remain anonymous if you choose.
    -The info is for an article describing options available to young athletes- Many of which have no idea about insurance at all.
    - At worst- you get some info out there. At BEST- I refer a lot of customers your way.

###Now- not to be a deek, but I am NOT looking for personal stories unless they have a phone number to an insurance agent I can talk too-at least not in this thread- feel free to PM your personal horror story or "watch out for" so we don't dilute this thread completely.-Thanks.

#2- Is is just my CPU or does this page have so many damn ads and add-ons that it takes a good 5-10 secs to load, sometimes longer. Did it before and after IE9 and all other stuff done. Just the way it is?
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    #1- I am researching personal medical, emergency medevac and short/long term disability insurance options for action sports athletes like the Freestyle Moto guys I work with, race car drivers, DH MTB guys.

-I would like to talk with someone(s) about options available, est.costs, exclusions for competition or previous injury etc.
    -The info is for an article describing options available to young athletes- Many of which have no idea about insurance at all.
    - At worst- you get some info out there. At BEST- I refer a lot of customers your way.

###Now- not to be a deek, but I am NOT looking for personal stories unless they have a phone number to an insurance agent I can talk too-at least not in this thread- feel free to PM your personal horror story or "watch out for" so we don't dilute this thread completely.-Thanks.

#2- Is is just my CPU or does this page have so many damn ads and add-ons that it takes a good 5-10 secs to load, sometimes longer. Did it before and after IE9 and all other stuff done. Just the way it is?
    What plans have you uncovered so far?

Let me get this right, you are part of the 5% group of mountain bikers who are putting yourself in harms way on a regular basis. You hate me doing trail improvements on trails to reduce the chance of you being injured because that reduces the RUSH you get riding something above your skill level.

What is the maximum amount per month you are willing to pay for the comprehensive coverage you are looking for and how much profit are you willing to let the insurance company make after paying all administration and claims costs?

I know this to way too difficult for you to understand or answer, but give it a try.

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    What plans have you uncovered so far?

Let me get this right you are part of the 5% group of mountain bikers who are putting yourself in harms way on a regular basis. You hate me doing trail improvements on trails to reduce the chance of you being injured because that reduces the RUSH you get riding something above your skill level.

What is the maximum amount per month you are willing to pay for the comprehensive coverage you are looking for and how much profit are you willing to let the insurance company make after paying all administration and claims cost?

I know this to way too difficult for you to understand or answer, but give it a try.

TD
    Dude- what in the **** is your problem? 5% of what the FAAACK are you talking about? Have I EVER downed you on one of your trails? WHO IN THE FAACCCKKK ARE YOU YOU STOOOOPID F'ING LOSER?

Once again you ignorant, trolling, fool- I am researching for an article I AM WRITING. Not for me. In fact your tax dollars pay mine, so thanks you fockface.
    When you are done flailing about with your tired issues, remove your head from Occupy Your Arce and reread what I am asking, then asking not to do, then not asking for ignorant comments from a hack like you.

Now- back to the subject at hand....

how much for your sister
    Cool, front row seat !

mtbr member
    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnio View Post
    cool, front row seat !

how much for your sister
    Kinda like MMA but with words... about trails and stuff . I think... I'm not really sure though. It just kind of exploded like diarrhea , green diarrhea. I feel violated but I just cant look away.

how much for your sister
    Someone call for help. Their's been a rape in the AZ MTBR forum. It just happened so fast. Seal off the room. Collect evidence. Stat

how much for your sister
    Quote Originally Posted by douger-1 View Post
    he is the self appointed ambassador of sedona and spokesman for the mountain biking community at large. Hear him roar !!!!
    lol

mtbr member
    Sorry for the outburst, but I just quit Heroin today cold turkey. And that pic of TD makes him look mean. I better get on the Methadone and chill if I know what is good for me.

Meatbomb
    Is it just me or does this site have a time warp going on ..... replies to post are appearing prior to the post they are replying too.

and TD continues to prove himself an arrogant tool.

How much further ???
    WHO IN THE FAACCCKKK ARE YOU YOU STOOOOPID F'ING LOSER?
    He is the self appointed ambassador of Sedona and spokesman for the mountain biking community at large. Hear him roar !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Meatbomb
    In for the save

how much for your sister
    This thread needs Miss Egypt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insurance for Action Sport Athletes- and why does this site always load like crap?-mis218s.jpg  

how much for your sister
    Now the only thing missing is a 9 page dissertation from The Prodigal Son.
    CSTEM , If that's really true, Good luck.

banned
    Dude- what in the **** is your problem? 5% of what the FAAACK are you talking about? Have I EVER downed you on one of your trails? WHO IN THE FAACCCKKK ARE YOU YOU STOOOOPID F'ING LOSER?

Once again you ignorant, trolling, fool- I am researching for an article I AM WRITING. Not for me. In fact your tax dollars pay mine, so thanks you fockface.
    When you are done flailing about with your tired issues, remove your head from Occupy Your Arce and reread what I am asking, then asking not to do, then not asking for ignorant comments from a hack like you.

Now- back to the subject at hand....
    OK good points and I Apologize for my original post, but I am back out fishing and you have almost filled my boat.

That being said I use to be one of those corporate insurance agents that would get the same type of question from people looking to get a deal on their insurance coverage. Since you are doing an article on accidental injury coverage, what have you determined to be the monthly cost for comprehensive (you know the Congress and the Prez talk about comprehensive immigration reform all the time) coverage that will cover you for all the health care costs to fix your broken back and six months in traction while riding down Goat Camp?

Or are you just looking for a plan that covers a daily amount to reimburse you for medical expense you my incur getting injured while mountain biking down South Mountain at warp speed?

When you get your article done it will be a great help for those individuals who have no coverage and are more concerned about accidental injury rather than a comprehensive health plan that will cover both accidental injury, human disease, and limited mental health issues like what I am suffering from.

TD

Once again I am on my knees pleading for Forgiveness. Let the games begin, I am heading back to port to unload.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnio View Post
    What does this have to do with hot chicks , diarrhea , angry cats or time warps ?
    Please stay on topic.
    johnno:

Time will tell what information the OP gains from his original post. I do look forward to his article. Are you one of the masses or the top 5%/ I got to take a break an fill up my motor casa with $210 of petrol so I won't be able to respond to questions for awhile.

TD

how much for your sister
    OK good points and I Apologize for my original post, but I am back out fishing and you have almost filled my boat.

That being said I use to be one of those corporate insurance agents that would get the same type of question from people looking to get a deal on their insurance coverage. Since you are doing an article on accidental injury coverage, what have you determined to be the monthly cost for comprehensive (you know the Congress and the Prez talk about comprehensive immigration reform all the time) coverage that will cover you for all the health care costs to fix your broken back and six months in traction while riding down Goat Camp?

Or are you just looking for a plan that covers a daily amount to reimburse you for medical expense you my incur getting injured while mountain biking down South Mountain at warp speed?

When you get your article done it will be a great help for those individuals who have no coverage and are more concerned about accidental injury rather than a comprehensive health plan that will cover both accidental injury, human disease, and limited mental health issues like what I am suffering from.

TD

Once again I am on my knees pleading for Forgiveness. Let the games begin, I am heading back to port to unload.
    What does this have to do with hot chicks , diarrhea , angry cats or time warps ?
    Please stay on topic.

how much for your sister
    johnno:

Time will tell what information the OP gains from his original post. I do look forward to his article. Are you one of the masses or the top 5%.

TD
    Neither. I'm just the peace pipe caddy.

mtbr member
    The Site loads like crap on my home computer, no problems on my phone though.
    Good luck with your survey, looks like you're gonna need it.

bland
    I love you TD.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    I love you TD.
    Thanks Ranger sometimes I don't THINK my wife LOVES me, could that be POSSIBLE? Just got the motor case filled with gas at ARCO for $3.21.9 for $220.24, been waiting three months to fill it up. Not sure if this is the low for the year, but it's better than the stock market seems to be doing. Kind of like buying a gas future.

Hopefully this thread will get some of the information the OP was looking for if it doesn't, it will be fun seeing what evolves.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    How couldn't he, considering how helpful some of you have been?
    CO:

Is that you best shot? You normally do better than that lame post.

TD

mtbr member
    Hopefully this thread will get some of the information the OP was looking for

TD
    How couldn't he, considering how helpful some of you have been?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

how much for your sister
    I like monkeys.

The pet store was selling them for five cents a piece. I thought that
    odd since they were normally a couple thousand each. I decided not to
    look a gift horse in the mouth. I bought 200. I like monkeys.

I took my 200 monkeys home. I have a big car. I let one drive. His
    name was Sigmund. He was retarded. In fact, none of them were really
    bright. They kept punching themselves in their genitals. I laughed.
    Then they punched my genitals. I stopped laughing.

I herded them into my room. They didn't adapt very well to their new
    environment. They would screech, hurl themselves off of the couch at
    high speeds and slam into the wall. Although humorous at first, the
    spectacle lost its novelty halfway into its third hour.

Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive:
    they all died. No apparent reason. They all just sorta' dropped dead.
    Kinda' like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later. Damn
    cheap monkeys.

I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my
    room, on the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase. It looked
    like I had 200 throw rugs.

I tried to flush one down the toilet. It didn't work. It got stuck.
    Then I had one dead, wet monkey and 199 dead, dry monkeys.

I tried pretending that they were just stuffed animals. That worked for
    a while, that is until they began to decompose. It started to smell real
    bad.

I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in the toilet and I didn't want
    to call the plumber. I was embarrassed.

I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them. Unfortunately
    there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time so I had to change
    them every 30 seconds. I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so
    it didn't all go bad.

I tried burning them. Little did I know my bed was flammable. I had to
    extinguish the fire.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in
    my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed. The odor
    wasn't improving.

I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys and to use the
    bathroom. I severely beat one of my monkeys. I felt better.

I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't
    allowed to dispose of charred primates. I told him that I had a wet
    one. He couldn't take that one either. I didn't bother asking about the
    frozen ones.

I finally arrived at a solution. I gave them out as Christmas gifts. My
    friends didn't know quite what to say. They pretended that they like
    them but I could tell they were lying. Ingrates. So I punched them in
    the genitals.

I like monkeys

mtbr member
    Best. Post. Ever.

mtbr member
    Ironically enough, IMBA sent me a packet on accident insurance through Nicholas Hill. They provide medical, accident, and disability for MTBers. After a face plant that broke my teeth and jaw, I thought it might be a good idea and had a family member (dentist brother) eager to pay the premium for me. I haven't needed to use it though, so I can't tell anything about their customer service. If only they insured bikes and bike parts against accidents...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    CO:

Is that you best shot?

TD
    No, but I've met my quota. Sorry, catch me tomorrow. I won't disappoint.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

how much for your sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post

mtbr member
    cstem sent me a PM and I don't think he has forgiven me yet for hijacking his thread. I am requesting that we all get down to work and give him the feedback he needs to write his article. I am looking forward to reading it.

It's had for me as an ex-insurance agent to comprehend any one insurance company writing the coverage he is talking about when he doesn't even have an idea what the monthly premium would be for such coverage.

I wrote up a health care reform proposal for the Obama administration that proposed people between the ages of 60 to 64 pay $600 a month for the same coverage (excluding maternity and abortion) people get from Medicare when they turn 65. At least I came up with a cost per month and what the plan would and would not cover.

Having an insurance plan that covers disability income sounds great, but would be impossible to include in a sports accidental injury policy unless you limited the monthly payout and had a large deductible period before the policy paid anything.

When are some other insurance guys going to chime in with there thoughts, or am I the only one who was in that world for 25 years?

TD

Your words "It's had for me as an ex-insurance agent to comprehend any one insurance company writing the coverage he is talking about when he doesn't even have an idea what the monthly premium would be for such coverage."

Oh, so we all get to figure what our own monthly premium should be? I am not an insurance agent or even playing one on TV, but even I know that rates are set by the underwriters and insurance companies who are using factual data given by Actuaries.

Oh and I have spent 35 years on bicycles and still don't know it all, so I don't fault you for your inadequacies on this subject as it is highly specialized I am finding.

banned
    Your words "It's had for me as an ex-insurance agent to comprehend any one insurance company writing the coverage he is talking about when he doesn't even have an idea what the monthly premium would be for such coverage."

Oh, so we all get to figure what our own monthly premium should be? I am not an insurance agent or even playing one on TV, but even I know that rates are set by the underwriters and insurance companies who are using factual data given by Actuaries.

Oh and I have spent 35 years on bicycles and still don't know it all, so I don't fault you for your inadequacies on this subject as it is highly specialized I am finding.
    cstem:

I doubt there is a lot of accessible data for motorcycle racers who race for a living and sustain injuries. If the racers had an association they belonged to and they acquired the coverage you are inquiring about from one source there could be actual credible loss data that could be used to help determine a realistic premium for the coverage being looked into.

I would think the racers have acquired there injury coverage from a multitude of different sources and since they are injuries rather than disease related I doubt that when many were injured that the insurance carrier knew they were all from a job related motorcycle accident.

When I blew my ACL in the Whistler Bike Park I told may carrier that the injury related from a hiking accident not from crashing while being airborne on my bike.

Just because a person is an insurance actuary doesn't mean that there is credible loss information available through source that would allow the actuary to build a rate that would allow the insurance carrier to make a profit. Insurance companies are in the business to make a profit and I would think in these very poor financial times they are going to error on the insurance companies side when it comes to determining a premium.

I have been out of the business now for almost twelve years so I am not sure how soft or hard the market is now, but I would venture to guess this type of business written through a specialty non-standard carrier is a very tough class of business.

If insurance companies were making big returns on the premium investment side of their business it might be a little different.

I can't wait to read your article I am sure it will be very informative. Do all the people who PM you think I have NO CLUE what I am talking about? Or is it a 70/30 (clueless/kinda makes sense) kind of feedback.

I am curious what the name of some of the companies you have uncovered who are writing this type of coverage?

I use to work for a large private insurance broker in the early 80's who had the Mission Insurance Company by the balls. We wrote a ton of business for California Agriculture related operations. All the salesmen at the brokerage had free reign with the rating of the policies so sales were pretty easy until the losses caught up and over ran the premiums and Mission went broke.

Fortunately for me shortly after Mission went broke, I got a new job with the 4th largest publicly held broker in the country and was able to get away from what was a nightmare job for an account manager trying to re-market all those accounts.

IMHO everyone should be an insurance company account manager or underwriter for at least two years of their working carrier before they become a professional motorcycle racer.

TD

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hahahaha! This forum is getting to be VERY entertaining! What a bunch of weirdos we all are. But........can we help this cat out? I'm still not sure what this thread was was about in the first place. Anyways, I'm going riding tomorrow, who would like to ride some sick steep stuff? I'm in!

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Is this thread all hosed up for anyone else? This is the last reply I see but the thread keeps bumping to the top...

It's the pelvic thrust that drives them insaaaaaannee... lets do the time warp again.

Or this!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro View Post
    Trail Doc improved, I mean broke the thread...great.
    I was just trying to be my helpful self. What I have come to realize is that cstem wants the motorcycle racers to be provided a type of worker's compensation coverage to pick up expenses due to injury and loss of income during the recovery period.

Unlike worker's comp which provides coverage for injury and disability there is NO employee/employer relationship. If there were such a classification then at least there would be some data available to determine what rate there should be for the benefits provided by worker's compensation. There is also a slight up charge for the life insurance benefit provided by worker's comp so that could be eliminated.

I am really looking forward to the article, it should be a good read.

No Clue Crew
    What I have come to realize is that cstem wants the motorcycle racers to be provided a type of worker's compensation coverage to pick up expenses due to injury and loss of income during the recovery period.
    I'll bet everyone but you knew that from post 1...

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk while taking dump

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I was just trying to be my annoying-overspoken self.
    fixed it for ya....

I think TD has the first ever case of MTBR-Terrets-syndrom.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    fixed it for ya....

I think TD has the first ever case of MTBR-Terrets-syndrom.
    Ha ha ha ha ha. It is amazing the intolerance people have for different posters POV. I can't wait to read the OP's article, I hope viewers will have a better insight about the cost and availability of comprehensive accident coverage for motorcycle racers that seem to be wrongly denied coverage due to their accident prone occupation.

TD

Shovel Ready
    ha ha ha ha ha. It is amazing the intolerance people have for different trail riders pov.

Td
    fify
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ha ha ha ha ha. It is amazing the intolerance people have for different posters POV. I can't wait to read the OP's article, I hope viewers will have a better insight about the cost and availability of comprehensive accident coverage for motorcycle racers that seem to be wrongly denied coverage due to their accident prone occupation.

TD
    Yea isn't it amazing that one persons posts are the MTBR equivilent of nails-on-the-chalkboard to 95% of the people here? And yet it is the 95% that must be wrong or have the problem, certainly nothing to do with you it is all us.....
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    Yea isn't it amazing that one persons posts are the MTBR equivilent of nails-on-the-chalkboard to 95% of the people here? And yet it is the 95% that must be wrong or have the problem, certainly nothing to do with you it is all us.....
    It's kind of funny that you say this...primarily because I raced super bikes and drag bikes before I moved to AZ. Four years of both without any problems with insurance...never really needed it either, other than a couple of urgent care visits. But what do I know, I never had to write insurance policies protecting pedophile catholic priests.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    It's kind of funny that you say this...primarily because I raced super bikes and drag bikes before I moved to AZ. Four years of both without any problems with insurance...never really needed it either, other than a couple of urgent care visits. But what do I know, I never had to write insurance policies protecting pedophile catholic priests.
    Hey:

Based on what you have said about racing motorcycles from your personal experience is a fairly safe sport. If that is the case why don't the racers get together and start their own comprehensive indemnity program. Rather than putting up $25,000 each to fund a program they have access to how much do you think they should put upfront to fund the program?

I think you are going to just dodge the question and hide behind all the pedophile priests and coaches out their taking advantage of their alter boys or athletes. I doubt you can articulate the underwriting or administration of putting into effect the type of program the OP is trying to obtain information on to do his article, let alone come up with a realistic funding amount.

I really am looking forward to the article, how much time does it usually take to write an article like that anyway? Is there anyway to get a look at the rough draft to wet ones appetite for what will be valuable information for the professional motorcycle racer who isn't employed by a company that provides it's own employee health coverage OR is married to a working spouse who can provide their spouse with health insurance through their plan OR the motor cycle racer is under 27 years old and one of his or her parents are providing health insurance for them under their plan.

Those plans are still not comprehensive enough to provide disability and international ambulance coverage that could be very costly in the case of a catastrophic accident, so there needs to be some type of supplemental coverage available.

TD

mtbr member
    When TD is paying my paycheck (he already pays my medical) I'll let him know when he can expect it. I'd let him know but he is in "ignore"ant land now.

banned
    When TD is paying my paycheck (he already pays my medical) I'll let him know when he can expect it. I'd let him know but he is in "ignore"ant land now.
    Ouch that was painful, I forgot about the program the State of AZ provides with my hard earned State income tax dollars. Got to go out painting now, I am pretending to be a painting contractor for a couple days this week.

TD

mtbr member
    Got to go out painting now, I am pretending to be a painting contractor for a couple days this week.
    TD
    Hope you got a permit. And don't forget to consult the "Book Of Colors."

mtbr member
    when td is paying my paycheck (he already pays my medical) i'll let him know when he can expect it. I'd let him know but he is in "ignore"ant land now.
    what a country!!!
    - Julie Furtado

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    Hope you got a permit. And don't forget to consult the "Book Of Colors."
    Centurion

Got no permit and for the book of colors I think purple and yellow are universal standard colors. How is the riding coming. We missed you on the Chuck Wagon project. Are you showing up for project on the 10th.

TD

mtbr member
    No permit? No consulting of the book of colors? Oh the Horrorsl!!! What will the city fathers say?

The riding is coming along. It is amazing how much fitness one can lose and weight one can gain in a mere three or four years of relative inactivity. I still have a ways to go..

As for the trailwork, Im gonna have to pass. I have decided to focus my attention a little closer to mi casa. There's a lot to be said for being able to ride out your back door.

I have identified a couple locations that show some promise. Nothing like the red rocks of Sedona mind you...no fancy drop offs or slickrock sections. Just a couple of long unused erroded and overgrown trails.

These trails probably won't have much appeal to the masses. Not to the 75% anyway. I mean...there will be no ramps, no stairsteps, and no paved sections. This won't be anyboy's cycling destination, and I don't figure it will boost local tourism. It's just something us locals can ride without having to drive to get there..

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post

These trails probably won't have much appeal to the masses. Not to the 75% anyway. I mean...there will be no ramps, no stairsteps, and no paved sections. This won't be anyboy's cycling destination, and I don't figure it will boost local tourism. It's just something us locals can ride without having to drive to get there..

Anything to improve the local user experience I am all for, so proceed with my blessings.

I like the ambassador thing, I will send individuals down to you that don't like our secenic redrock dumbed down trails and are looking for Something Different to ride.

banned
    cstem:

Since as you claim I am paying for your medical I was hoping that when you write your article you could advise me as to how I can also ACCESS the coverage I am providing you, maybe I will cancel the coverage I am paying $625 a month for and save some of my hard earned dollars to take a mountain bike vacation somewhere other than Sedona.

TD

Shovel Ready
    cstem:

Since as you claim I am paying for your medical I was hoping that when you write your article you could advise me as to how I can also ACCESS the coverage I am providing you, maybe I will cancel the coverage I am paying $625 a month for and save some of my hard earned dollars to take a mountain bike vacation somewhere other than Sedona.

TD
    I assume you capitalized ACCESS in reference to the states health-care for the poor. You might consider that Cstem is veteran and gets VA benefits. You would have to join our military service and fulfill your obligations to receive these benefits.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    I assume you capitalized ACCESS in reference to the states health-care for the poor. You might consider that Cstem is veteran and gets VA benefits. You would have to join our military service and fulfill your obligations to receive these benefits.
    Thanks for the update on the coverage cstem is covered under. I would think the VA benefits are somewhat limiting out of country or possibly in an emergency situation when you are not located near a VA hospital. I am probably totally wrong about that, but I would assume that aspect would be covered in the article.

cstem thanks for your service, I am sure my life would have been totally different had I gone into the military in 1967. I was a poor student, but was in pretty good shape, so it would have been the marines or army for me. Probably would have never gone to college, if I had lived through the WAR. Certainly would have never been an insurance tycoon to help develop my real estate empire

I have been so lucky to be out painting one of my units for the last fours days with about four more days to go. Might also put in a new water heater while I am at it.

What a country.

TD

Get Some!

I am a Broker/Agent and can usually find someone to insure most people. mountain biking is actually not an exclusion from most companies, its not big enough of a sport yet to warrant a class of its own, however professional racing of any kind is usually rated, so it depends on the underwriter. It gets expensive very fast if your a pilot or race car driver, those two things usually require a specialty insurance, as no one else wants to take on that risk. as far as price it can vary, a large amount too. Your age, weight, medical history, how often you ride etc...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebrown View Post
    I am a Broker/Agent and can usually find someone to insure most people. mountain biking is actually not an exclusion from most companies, its not big enough of a sport yet to warrant a class of its own, however professional racing of any kind is usually rated, so it depends on the underwriter. It gets expensive very fast if your a pilot or race car driver, those two things usually require a specialty insurance, as no one else wants to take on that risk. as far as price it can vary, a large amount too. Your age, weight, medical history, how often you ride etc...
    TCMB:

So what are the carriers you represent that will provide accident, disability and international injury transportation for professional motorcycle racers? This thread only deals with that class of business.

Base the answer on a 175 lb., 5'9", 30 year old, totally healthy rider who competes in an event six times a year. Approximate previous W2 verified annual income of $35,000. No prior health coverage except ACCESS when income was within qualified level.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 12-09-2011 at 10:19 AM.