Results 1 to 72 of 72
  1. #1
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844

    ... and if we just ... Inagural Pinal Camping Trip! Shuttles and Trail Clearing...May 21-23

    Who wants to pitch in at getting the six shooter up and shreddy? Some are planning on heading up Friday evening after work. I'm heading up with my family Saturday morning. We have the burgandy braap braap at the ready if anyone is interested in leaving early Saturday morning from Tempe and get a ride back Sunday Evening. PM myself or ABCnorte to let us know that you would like to ride up in the van. Plenty of room for camping gear and coolers of beverages

    The burgandy braap braap will be available for shuttles for both days!

    Here's the tenative schedule:
    Friday: Camp, play around, roast marshmellows, etc.
    Saturday morning: Shuttle leaves Tempe 7am-ish
    Get to top and set up camp, Tweek on bikes, have lunch
    Drop in around 1ish for the initial clean up/shred
    (This run will be to clear any deadfall and overgrowth from trail so bring work gloves and pruning/cutting tools) NO CHAINSAWS!!! 6shooter is in an eagle nesting habitat and if we get caught with powertools, our relationship with the forest service is over! And we like them alot. There will be a dedicated "trail work day" with the forest service to clear any trees we can't clear by handtools, setting new tread and building new features. This weekend will help that trail day get more done by them not having to clear trail. Clockwork will keep us updated on future Forest Service assisted trail day.
    If we have time for another rip...so be it!
    Sunday: Breakfast
    Morning run down 6shooter or Icehouse or Frieghttrain (more cleaning may be needed)
    Take another
    Take another
    Lunch/ Break Camp
    If time permits, one more for the road
    Be home in Tempe around 7ish

    Here's a chance to lend a hand at getting the Pinals ready to rip for the summer! Come out, make friends, build trail Karma, Have Fun!!! Bring your wife's, girlfriends, kids, dogs, etc, as long as they don't mind hanging out with a bunch of smelly DHr's having fun Post up if you are interested and PM to reserve a spot in the van for saturday.

    Yeah Pinals Rule!!!
    Last edited by latedropbob; 05-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Downhill Messiah
    Reputation: tgiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    493
    Sounds like a blast. I hope i can make it!
    Madspeed always prevails!

  3. #3
    14D
    14D is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    66
    Damn I gotta work next weekend
    Last edited by 14D; 05-16-2010 at 08:56 AM.

  4. #4
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629

    Good job!

    So stoked to be out of the heat in the trees for the weekend! Hit me or L8Drop up if you want more information. I plan to head up Friday the 21st to set up camp. Our shuttle driver will be picking up in Tempe Saturday the 22nd with Brapp Brapp and trailer we should have room for 10 and gear. Reserve you spots now if you need a round trip ride from Tempe. There will also be a few pick up trucks on the mountain, so shuttle transportation should be a plenty all weekend.


    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Who wants to pitch in at getting the six shooter up and shreddy? Some are planning on heading up Friday evening after work. I'm heading up with my family Saturday morning. We have the burgandy braap braap at the ready if anyone is interested in leaving early Saturday morning from Tempe and get a ride back Sunday Evening. PM myself or ABCnorte to let us know that you would like to ride up in the van. Plenty of room for camping gear and coolers of beverages

    The burgandy braap braap will be available for shuttles for both days!

    Here's the tenative schedule:
    Friday: Camp, play around, roast marshmellows, etc.
    Saturday morning: Shuttle leaves Tempe 7am-ish
    Get to top and set up camp, Tweek on bikes, have lunch
    Drop in around 1ish for the initial clean up/shred
    (This run will be to clear any deadfall and overgrowth from trail so bring work gloves and pruning/cutting tools) NO CHAINSAWS!!! 6shooter is in an eagle nesting habitat and if we get caught with powertools, our relationship with the forest service is over! And we like them alot. There will be a dedicated "trail work day" with the forest service to clear any trees we can't clear by handtools, setting new tread and building new features. This weekend will help that trail day get more done by them not having to clear trail. Clockwork will keep us updated on future Forest Service assisted trail day.
    If we have time for another rip...so be it!
    Sunday: Breakfast
    Morning run down 6shooter or Icehouse or Frieghttrain (more cleaning may be needed)
    Take another
    Take another
    Lunch/ Break Camp
    If time permits, one more for the road
    Be home in Tempe around 7ish

    Here's a chance to lend a hand at getting the Pinals ready to rip for the summer! Come out, make friends, build trail Karma, Have Fun!!! Bring your wife's, girlfriends, kids, dogs, etc, as long as they don't mind hanging out with a bunch of smelly DHr's having fun Post up if you are interested and PM to reserve a spot in the van for saturday.

    Yeah Pinals Rule!!!

  5. #5
    Downhill Spokesmodel
    Reputation: ShortBusJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by 14D
    Damn I gotta work this weekend
    Damn, Me Too!
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!


    Help increase ShortBus' rep

  6. #6
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    I'm tied up Saturday but I can be up there early on sunday morning to do some shredage/ trail work. Bob let me know if you want me to loan out some extra rakes shovels. I hve 3-4 rakes 5-6 shovels and some tree/ brush trimmers.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SmokenspokesSteve-o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    384
    if my lill pinky is some what healed i'm in...might get the whole family up there

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SPIDERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    302
    As always I will be working the weekend. Make sure you guys post up plenty of pics of the trailwork and shreddage! For now I must live vicariously through you all.
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

    Save the drama for your mama!!!

    Porkchop Sandwiches!

  9. #9
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB
    I'm tied up Saturday but I can be up there early on sunday morning to do some shredage/ trail work. Bob let me know if you want me to loan out some extra rakes shovels. I hve 3-4 rakes 5-6 shovels and some tree/ brush trimmers.
    We won't need any rakes or shovels as we will not be moving any dirt per the Forest Service requests...so lopers, saws, bush trimmers will be needed. Anything you can fit in a backpack for the ride down...Come out early to get the post-breakfast run in!

  10. #10
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    We won't need any rakes or shovels as we will not be moving any dirt per the Forest Service requests...so lopers, saws, bush trimmers will be needed. Anything you can fit in a backpack for the ride down...Come out early to get the post-breakfast run in!
    I'm in for Sunday

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    45
    what kind of saws can you fit in a backpack? noting what type and size trees that were down, id want to bring a good hand saw, over 16" and, i forget the name but a D-saw? with lots of teeth.

    too bad abotu the power tools.
    -------------
    jay zarecki

  12. #12
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    I've got a 24" bow saw that I've strapped to my back pack before. Excellent for clearing and fast! I found this last night and am thinking of picking it up.

    http://www.amazon.com/Dandy-Saw-36/dp/B000B0I8QC

    Powertools would be just too eazy...we gotta pretend we are real mountain men!!!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    45
    oooh. now THAT is awesome. and you need a friend!
    -------------
    jay zarecki

  14. #14
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Looks like I'm gonna have at least 10 or so coming up...we can all take turns

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    In like Flynn. I'll be driving up on Fri possibly.

  16. #16
    aka Swamp ThAAng
    Reputation: shockrwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I've got a 24" bow saw that I've strapped to my back pack before. Excellent for clearing and fast! I found this last night and am thinking of picking it up.

    http://www.amazon.com/Dandy-Saw-36/dp/B000B0I8QC

    Powertools would be just too eazy...we gotta pretend we are real mountain men!!!

    So last night we talked about clockwork thinking a few of the logs may have been up to 24" in diameter. It might be hard to cut a 24" log with a 36" saw. But I'm sure it'll work for most everything there, and we can just deal with the big ones.
    Bulls**t is the glue that binds our nation - George Carlin

  17. #17
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    nah shocker...you just slap'em with your c$ck and they'll break right in half!

  18. #18
    aka Swamp ThAAng
    Reputation: shockrwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    nah shocker...you just slap'em with your c$ck and they'll break right in half!
    ...........Snap your fingers snap your d.........
    Bulls**t is the glue that binds our nation - George Carlin

  19. #19
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by shockrwave
    So last night we talked about clockwork thinking a few of the logs may have been up to 24" in diameter. It might be hard to cut a 24" log with a 36" saw. But I'm sure it'll work for most everything there, and we can just deal with the big ones.

    Your all about the BIG ones Swampy!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SPIDERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    302
    Will the Forest Service let you pile up dirt in front of the logs, making them into an obstacle or jump? It would save some time instead of trying to saw through the big uns. Just a thought.
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

    Save the drama for your mama!!!

    Porkchop Sandwiches!

  21. #21
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIDERS
    Will the Forest Service let you pile up dirt in front of the logs, making them into an obstacle or jump? It would save some time instead of trying to saw through the big uns. Just a thought.
    I spoke with clockwork who's in contact with the FS and no dirt is to be moved... All features will be thought out and not just randomly placed where a tree decided to die. I like you thinking SPIDERS but we're trying to keep in the good graces with the FS here and want to build our relationship with them not break it down. So far, speaking with clock, they are very interested in working with us to create some sweet trail in the pinals!!!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SPIDERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I spoke with clockwork who's in contact with the FS and no dirt is to be moved... All features will be thought out and not just randomly placed where a tree decided to die. I like you thinking SPIDERS but we're trying to keep in the good graces with the FS here and want to build our relationship with them not break it down. So far, speaking with clock, they are very interested in working with us to create some sweet trail in the pinals!!!
    Right on latedropbob. I just had to ask, but completely understand!
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

    Save the drama for your mama!!!

    Porkchop Sandwiches!

  23. #23
    !@#$%&!
    Reputation: zukicidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    270
    I might have to work that Saturday, but I'd love to come out that afternoon or Sunday morning. Can we get directions and/or a map to base camp? Is it primitive or established camping?

  24. #24
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by zukicidal
    I might have to work that Saturday, but I'd love to come out that afternoon or Sunday morning. Can we get directions and/or a map to base camp? Is it primitive or established camping?
    Below is the map...the campsites are almost all the way to the top.Marked by the blue triangle. Look for the blue EZ up and a big burgundy van with a bunch of bikes near it. It's a primitive/established camping. Firepits, pit toilets, no running water, no RV hookups. Bring what you need to survive for a night or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inagural Pinal Camping Trip! Shuttles and Trail Clearing...May 21-23-pinals.jpg  


  25. #25
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    I still get confused up there for the first run of the season and I have been going there for 5 years now!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  26. #26
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I still get confused up there for the first run of the season and I have been going there for 5 years now!
    Should of said "Initial" or "First" but Inaugural is what came out of my fingers when I typed it at 11pm last night...

  27. #27
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Should of said "Initial" or "First" but Inaugural is what came out of my fingers when I typed it at 11pm last night...
    Have u thought about taking the covert up there?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  28. #28
    I love bike!
    Reputation: dsittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,157
    Is a 5.5 inch travel sled a good ride for the Pinals? I'm sure something a little bigger would probably be choice but just wondering if my bike (Turner 5.5pack) would be suitable. Thx

  29. #29
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Is a 5.5 inch travel sled a good ride for the Pinals? I'm sure something a little bigger would probably be choice but just wondering if my bike (Turner 5.5pack) would be suitable. Thx
    I've seen plenty of people ride 5-6 inch travel bikes up there and had a blast. I'm really considering taking my 575 vs my DH rig.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  30. #30
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    I'm at a cross roads...do I bring the brand spankin' new DH bike or the new improved covert w/ Lyrik that I F-ing love!!! Maybe I'll bring both. Decisions Decisions...

    dsittman...Like AZDog said, 5-6 will be just perfect for 6shooter. Some of the other trails are more big bike friendly but I've seen SunDog rip them all up on a hardtail...but then Louis rips everything effortlessly. Your Turner will fit in just fine

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TurnDriverSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Count me in for saturday and sunday
    TurnDriverSide.com - Motorsports Photography

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I'm at a cross roads...do I bring the brand spankin' new DH bike or the new improved covert w/ Lyrik that I F-ing love!!! Maybe I'll bring both. Decisions Decisions...

    dsittman...Like AZDog said, 5-6 will be just perfect for 6shooter. Some of the other trails are more big bike friendly but I've seen SunDog rip them all up on a hardtail...but then Louis rips everything effortlessly. Your Turner will fit in just fine

    Cove!

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    I'm hopefully in for one of the days.

  34. #34
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,475
    Were in for sunday also Bob. Might have to run you boys down toll road. Although there is still some more trees to cut off it also. But its less than half a dozen . Short shuttle with an hr ride.

    Were doing more on goldridge tomorrow with some riding. Anyone care to join. I live 15min from NRA and it takes me 1hr20min to get to the top for a 3000ft decent.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  35. #35
    !@#$%&!
    Reputation: zukicidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    270
    I've never been to this area before. Can I get directions?

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TurnDriverSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by zukicidal
    I've never been to this area before. Can I get directions?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.287...,0.071669&z=14

    is that about right?
    TurnDriverSide.com - Motorsports Photography

  37. #37
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,475
    Ahhh the map posted by Bob above shows the same thing but better. Gives you the OG pickup point and trailheads.

    From the valley head thru superior to globe. Once into globe make a right onto rusell follow that for about 1/3rd of a mile and turn right , just after the road makes a 90 degree bend to the left.

    Follow that to fs rd junction 651 turn right and head up the mountain.

    Once to sulphide del ray continue on 651 which will take you to the left and then around the back of the mountain . At the next available FS rd stay on 651 by turning left. Follow that to the top camp grounds
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  38. #38
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Clock knows that area like the back of his hand!!!

    Yes clock...sunday morning we should most definetly run down toll road. Maybe do our initial run down six shooter, have the van pick us up at the bridge to take us to the top of toll road and rip down that sucker and clean her up good I know you got good trail taste, just looked at your goldy pics...sic!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MattyBoyR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,062
    Seriously you have to do it the weekend of the 21st? Shite I'll be up at the ranch clearing / making a shuttle road and some single track.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

  40. #40
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    Seriously you have to do it the weekend of the 21st? Shite I'll be up at the ranch clearing / making a shuttle road and some single track.
    Sorry matty...you get your work done, we'll get ours, and then you go ride 6shooter and then we'll ride the ranch on the same weekend... A little switcheroo

    So much trail work to be done...so many trails in the state, so little summer I hope sunrise doesn't open so we can ride it all and not get sucked in by the easy lift access...

  41. #41
    !@#$%&!
    Reputation: zukicidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Ahhh the map posted by Bob above shows the same thing but better. Gives you the OG pickup point and trailheads.

    From the valley head thru superior to globe. Once into globe make a right onto rusell follow that for about 1/3rd of a mile and turn right , just after the road makes a 90 degree bend to the left.

    Follow that to fs rd junction 651 turn right and head up the mountain.

    Once to sulphide del ray continue on 651 which will take you to the left and then around the back of the mountain . At the next available FS rd stay on 651 by turning left. Follow that to the top camp grounds
    Thanks! That's what I needed.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MattyBoyR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Sorry matty...you get your work done, we'll get ours, and then you go ride 6shooter and then we'll ride the ranch on the same weekend... A little switcheroo
    ...

    Sounds like a plan, but could you concentrate on Ice house and freight train then?

    I just bummed I can't join ya'll. For tools don't forget Big Lots and Harbour Freight. Found great deals at big lots for shovels and rakes last week. I know you can't move dirt this time but I have seen folding saws in both places before.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

  43. #43
    wretch
    Reputation: Truckee Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    I'm at a cross roads...do I bring the brand spankin' new DH bike or the new improved covert w/ Lyrik that I F-ing love!!! Maybe I'll bring both. Decisions Decisions...

    dsittman...Like AZDog said, 5-6 will be just perfect for 6shooter. Some of the other trails are more big bike friendly but I've seen SunDog rip them all up on a hardtail...but then Louis rips everything effortlessly. Your Turner will fit in just fine

    Glad you like it buddy. . . what about the other shiznit?

  44. #44
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    So I think we're scrapping the Saturday morning pick up do to lack of interest, but if you want a ride up friday with ABCnorte and his shuttle boy Zack, pm us to set up a Friday evening ride in the braap braap. Looks like its gonna be a killer weekend in the pinals...haha, she said pinals

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Average Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    248
    I wish I could make it, if it was any other weekend I would be there, but I have to do this Bike Rodeo thing at the Pinetop High School. Saturday will be filled with drooling little kids and broken down huffys, I envy everyone who will be out on the trails!

  46. #46
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    I'll be heading up first thing Sunday morning around 4:30am or so.. Bob what time you guys gona get started in the AM?

    For anyone who would like a ride I live in Glendale and wouldn't mind stoping for a pick-up on the way out, or if you live on the west side you can meet at mi casa.

  47. #47
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    CAB...Sweet! We should be getting started around 8 or so. All depends on how many get stuck sleeping-in from the work the day before and the fresh mountain air...oh and I'm sure a slew of barely pops. But that should ball park it for you. We'll be taking our time before we get under way. Instead of leaving so, early Sunday am, why not leave Sat. PM? Sleep in that monster truck of yours, have some clif bars for breakfast

  48. #48
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    There was no way I could make it up Saturday while the sun was up so I figure sleep in my bed then wake up have some java, mabe a monster and head out to wake everyone up at the crack of dawn. So what if your all tired from working I'll be fresh and ready to rip!

  49. #49
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    So I think we're scrapping the Saturday morning pick up do to lack of interest, but if you want a ride up friday with ABCnorte and his shuttle boy Zack, pm us to set up a Friday evening ride in the braap braap. Looks like its gonna be a killer weekend in the pinals...haha, she said pinals
    Plan is to take off from Tempe by 4:30 Friday afternoon. If you want to hop a ride we have plenty of room for camping gear, bikes, and riders. PM me for pick up details.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    I'm in for Sat.

  51. #51
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    I'm in for Sat.
    Anybody rollin up just Saturday besides Tmarkos?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Average Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    248
    Im in. Just talked to Andy I am going to roll up with him Friday night.

  53. #53
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Im in. Just talked to Andy I am going to roll up with him Friday night.

    Why won't you think of the children?

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Average Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    248
    haha. Davin has the bike rodeo covered. I am itching to get out to Globe. Are you coming rolling?

  55. #55
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    haha. Davin has the bike rodeo covered. I am itching to get out to Globe. Are you coming rolling?

    I'm rolling Friday night with Foote I think, unless his b!tch ass bails or gets as "crazy J" as he did last weekend, in which case I'll just ride my bike there.

  56. #56
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I'm rolling Friday night with Foote I think, unless his b!tch ass bails or gets as "crazy J" as he did last weekend, in which case I'll just ride my bike there.

    OOH maybe we can add a crazy j factor to this weekend for ole times sake!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  57. #57
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    OOH maybe we can add a crazy j factor to this weekend for ole times sake!
    As in the real Crazy J, or just an impersonator?

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    52
    Ill try to roll out there this weekend, friday night or so. Schools out for me friday at noon.
    All I want to do is Bike!

  59. #59
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    I plan to leave tomorrow from Tempe @ around 4:PM and return Sunday late afternoon. We are taking two vehicles the van pulling pop-up and Escape pulling shuttle trailer.

    There is still plenty of room if anybody else wants to catch a ride. PM or TXT me and we can set up a meeting spot.

  60. #60
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    just picked up a 30inch bow saw and a sweet pulaski! ready to rock now. I'm heading up with wife and child early saturday am (well as early as a wife and a 2 year-old will allow) should be in camp before 9. getting stoked!!!

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    65
    Where are you guys setting camp? I might be able to make it. If I do, I'll be there saturday morning.

  62. #62
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Most people are taking there own vehicles or carpooling. Bob and I are leaving @ noon tomorrow. We are caravaning up there with the van, truck, and trailers. Still have room for 1 or two if needed. See you all up there for some good shred times.

  63. #63
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by theduck
    Where are you guys setting camp? I might be able to make it. If I do, I'll be there saturday morning.
    You will see us up at the top camp grounds. We will be running the shuttle all weekend. Hope to see you there duck.

  64. #64
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    I'm getting stoked! got almost everything packed for a family of three with bikes, gear, saws, shovels, water, beverages, coffee, etc...hope it all fits If not at least we got a 15 passenger van that we should be able to get some stuff in Looking forward to see all you pinal peeps up there this weekend. For you on the fence...it's gonna be a high of 75 up top! oh yeah...nice weather here we come!

  65. #65
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Braaaaap Braaaap!

  66. #66
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Just an rehash of the directions up to the top....

    When you get to Globe, go past the Wal-mart and take a right on russell road, stay on russell heading south, you'll pass a bunch of houses on your left and then the road turns to dirt, follow up this road till you get the first big intersection of dirt roads and a big gate, take a right up the 651 aka Kelner Canyon road, head up, up, up towards pinal recreation area, look for pop up camper, blue EZ up and an orange bike you can see from space!!! see you all very soon...

  67. #67
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,475
    Bob Russell turns into kellner canyon road. Right on forest road 651
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    Evan and I are heading out around 6p. See ya up there!

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rideflatout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    311
    mm 75... there is a slim chance i can make it sunday, if so, I'll see you guys at the top. if not, I'll see (some) of you on wed.

  70. #70
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Checking the weather at the top over the past couple days, I will say anyone camping up top at the Pinal site is gonna want to bring some cold weather gear. Last night it dropped as low as 33 degrees.


  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek920
    what kind of saws can you fit in a backpack? noting what type and size trees that were down, id want to bring a good hand saw, over 16" and, i forget the name but a D-saw? with lots of teeth.

    too bad abotu the power tools.
    At Bass Pro Shop, in the camping section...

    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

    Works great

  72. #72
    Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Reputation: abcnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Checking the weather at the top over the past couple days, I will say anyone camping up top at the Pinal site is gonna want to bring some cold weather gear. Last night it dropped as low as 33 degrees.

    Just threw in my long socks and underwear.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.