I'm not listening...!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

I'm not listening...!

I am not trying to pick a fight here (although I know that I am 110% correct), and I know that I am going to upset a few of my riding friends, but here goes:

Ear buds and hiking (AND biking) do NOT mix.

Yesterday a friend and I were riding to the top of Tom's Thumb in the McDowells. On the way out, we came upon a group of three women who were taking up the whole width of the Lost Dog Wash trail. Two of the hikers heard me as I called out "on your left," but the third (and the final one I would pass) was oblivious to my call, didn't hear me, and didn't move. I will call her Lady Buds. As I approached Lady Buds I again called out. Again Lady Buds did not move. When a wide spot opened up and I did pass Lady Buds slowly, she jumped, startled, and had the nerve to gripe at me for not warning her. I let it go. But the damage was done, and a little raw nerve started twitching in my head. I am willing to bet that in Lady Buds' head, I was one more example of how rude and careless mountainbikers are that they would pass without signaling, as if those two-wheeled masters of mayhem owned the whole dang trail or something. Like, gosh!

On the way back down Tom's Thumb trail, I came up behind a guy who was hiking solo. I don't know where he came from, because we hadn't passed him as we were riding up. But there he was, nonetheless. He had very clean boots and not a sweat stain on him. I think he beamed down to the trail from somewhere else. Anyway, as I approached, I called out that when we got to the next safe spot I'd like to pass. Nothing. WalkMan kept...walking. He was using two hiking poles also, so passing him on a wide spot without telling him or without him hearing me would be like trying to pass a drunken praying mantis on a balance beam. I called out again. "On your left?" Nothing. "On your right?" Nada. I repeated my calls. WalkMan said nothing, did nothing, gave no indication whatsoever that he heard me, or that he HAD heard me but was ignoring me. I raised my voice to the point where I was generating an echo from across the canyon, and I was less than 10 feet behind the guy. Finally, after an honest quarter mile, we got to a sharp V in the trail where it intersected a drainage. I positioned myself so that by waving my arm I might catch WalkMan's peripheral view. It worked, and he jumped, startled. And HE grumbled something about warning him next time. So I grumbled back, and none too softly, so that it generated another echo from across the canyon, to take his damned earbuds out and he might hear someone asking to pass next time.

We are a free society.

Hahahahahhaa! THAT was funny! What I mean is that we are free to make choices. Well, some choices. But when your poor choice becomes a safety issue for both of us, then it's not a very good choice for either of us. I am to yield to hikers and equestrians and to my fellow biker who's grunting uphill, and I do. But one's poor choice to wear headphones and rock out to Xanadu is a poor reason to brand us non-earbud-challenged outdoor enthusiasts as rude, careless, reckless, uncontrolled, etc. It is just plain wrong, and the perceived "victim" is an idiot.

We had an excellent ride. I didn't make it the last 28 switchbacks to the top, however. I should have eaten another donut. A definite do-over this winter!

And so, to sum up, friends don't let friends hike--or ride--with earbuds. Whew! I am so happy you allowed me to get that off my chest!

Now...if anyone sees a bullhorn on craiglist, do let me know.

Meatbomb
    Here we go again .....

******ed or Branded??
    mmmmm buttery popcorn!!!! Can you pass the salt?

Need more cowbell
    Longer races, etc..... I wear one in my right ear only.

You should carry a squirt gun when you ride, that would get their attention.

Meatbomb
    I give 'em one warning and then they get the elbow as I go by.

wawe member
    I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by GilaMonster View Post
    ...when your poor choice becomes a safety issue for both of us...
    Hyperbolize much?

"No Clue Crew"
    Bookmark added................D

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post

Hyperbolize much?
    There is nothing more dangerous when hiking and biking in the desert in the summer than people listening to music.

pedaller
    While riding SoMo yesterday, I was coming down from where Mormon/Mormon Loop intersect towards National while a hiker was coming up. Even though he got off the trail and I was about halfway down that trench, I yielded and said "Good morning". He said "Thanks and thanks for stopping." I said "No problem and by the way, there are another 20 or so yahoos behind me so just a heads up for ya". He said "Thanks again" and resumed his climb.

Now that was easy.

PS: I was wearing my ipod and listening to music.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg View Post
    While riding SoMo yesterday, I was coming down from where Mormon/Mormon Loop intersect towards National while a hiker was coming up. Even though he got off the trail and I was about halfway down that trench, I yielded and said "Good morning". He said "Thanks and thanks for stopping." I said "No problem and by the way, there are another 20 or so yahoos behind me so just a heads up for ya". He said "Thanks again" and resumed his climb.

Now that was easy.

PS: I was wearing my ipod and listening to music.
    Geez Noel, you're lucky you didn't kill someone !

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    There is nothing more dangerous when hiking and biking in the desert in the summer than people listening to music.
    When will the iCarnage cease?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    Yes there is.
    Biking/hiking, listening to music in the desert in the summer WHILE chewing gum. That's what we, in the biz, refer to as The Perfect Storm.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire View Post
    Yes there is.
    Biking/hiking, listening to music in the desert in the summer WHILE chewing gum with an off leash dog. That's what we, in the biz, refer to as The Perfect Storm.
    fify.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

My other ride is your mom
    I wear my earbuds when I ride....but I generally do the passing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes there is.
    Biking/hiking, listening to music in the desert in the summer WHILE chewing gum. That's what we, in the biz, refer to as The Perfect Storm.
    I did this about three years ago and then, unthinkingly, I answered my phone while walking three abreast and a sound was heard the world over as I scratched my nuts and the economy collapsed. Scary stuff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Mow 'em down is what I say.
    J/K, I sympathize.
    My bike, Slayer 70

parenting for gnarness
    this is the most bloviated rant since Maadjurguer found a rock moved on Hawes.

learn better coping skills, there are far bigger interpersonal challenges on the trail than someone with headphones. Usually, however, i get right up on their rear and scream, smile, then say sorry i tried to get your attention 3 times already, then snicker while they clean up the skidmarks in their pants. If you are confident in your trail-sharing skills, there is no reason to let that negative encounter get to you.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Sorry Phil.......I am one of those ipod wearers ........one ear of course

Old-newbie
    Warning 1 - Ring the little bell
    Warning 2 - Yell (politely)
    Warning 3 - Yell SNAKE!

If you get to that third one, you can pretty much ride under them unnoticed while they are still in the air.

gerG
    ...uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill ...

mtbr member
    I personally don't ride or hike with music. I'm in the middle of nowhere to get away from man-made things other than my hiking boots, bike, and camelbak. It cracks me up to hear somebody on their cell explaining to their friend how peaceful it is in nature.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to want to listen to music, I'd probably be the one ear listener. I don't want to be the one who didn't see or hear the swarm of Japanese people running across the desert screaming "RUN! IT'S GODZIlLA!!!"
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you値l crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    I find texting while riding to be a much more dangerous act.

I wear ear buds, but I can still hear the gravel crunch under my tires. Music helps me "zone in" to the ride.

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    I personally don't ride or hike with music. I'm in the middle of nowhere to get away from man-made things other than my hiking boots, bike, and camelbak. It cracks me up to hear somebody on their cell explaining to their friend how peaceful it is in nature.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to want to listen to music, I'd probably be the one ear listener. I don't want to be the one who didn't see or hear the swarm of Japanese people running across the desert screaming "RUN! IT'S GODZIlLA!!!"
    That's ridiculous.

Japanese people call him "Gojira".

No Clue Crew
    THIS!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will go "camping" and play their damn radio all day and all night. Really? You come out here to enjoy the peacefulness of nature and you can't just enjoy it? You have to pollute it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    Longer races, etc..... I wear one in my right ear only.

You should carry a squirt gun when you ride, that would get their attention.
    Strapping a SuperSoaker to my Camelback now! Wait... I never see a soul on the trail anywho. Damnit.

mtbr member
    That's ridiculous.
    Japanese people call him "Gojira".
    I thought about spelling it Godzirra but was afraid people may get offended or worse, not understand...

Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    THIS!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will go "camping" and play their damn radio all day and all night. Really? You come out here to enjoy the peacefulness of nature and you can't just enjoy it? You have to pollute it?
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of the people with the 2500W sound system that blare it all night. These also tend to be the people that set up camp within 50 yds of another camper when there's miles of legal dispersed camping. This way they're guaranteed to have somebody "enjoy" their music and pick up their trash in the morning.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you値l crash.
    - Julie Furtado

meow
    Get a bar mounted air horn. If that doesn't get their attention they're totally deaf.

parenting for gnarness
    THIS!

my wife bought this beer cooler with a built-in radio and an mp3 player port. eff you ya tree huggin hippy. the birds in the trees sound way better with my soundtrack.

~Disc~Golf~
    I wish there were a camera-crew for AZ , and (FR) CO - the soap-operas w/ riding would be a real $-maker
    Honestly... ahh I give up

wawe member
    I thought about spelling it Godzirra but was afraid people may get offended or worse, not understand...
    Gojira is actually the original name, still used in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I wish there were a camera-crew for AZ , and (FR) CO - the soap-operas w/ riding would be a real $-maker
    I know you think you're funny, but you shouldn't try to make light of this. He was inconvenienced. Inconvenienced! ON THE TRAIL!! Don't you understand how incredibly dangerous that is???!!!

GOSH!!! *hits submit reply, throws computer across room, kicks a puppy*

~Disc~Golf~
    My mom always thought I was funny! ... looking.

parenting for gnarness
    will replying here get me rep points?

~Disc~Golf~
    some 'razzle-dazzle'...

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by fattirebliss View Post

no reason to apologize, if you catch me with Jessi Cook amped up in my skull candy's and need to get around.... toss that elbow

banned
    Jun 2011
    eff 'em in Crapsdale.
    jackwagons with their wittle poes, and kahkis and bahama jungle hats with their wittle juice packets of sugar and cute wittle sox and clean hiking boots.

I WILL RUN 'EM DOWN IN CRAPSDALE EVERYTIME. DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM AR$HATS, LIMPWRIST, YOGURT SIPPING BUTT RANGERS FROM H3LL!

mtbr member
    I know you think you're funny, but you shouldn't try to make light of this. He was inconvenienced. Inconvenienced! ON THE TRAIL!! Don't you understand how incredibly dangerous that is???!!!

GOSH!!! *hits submit reply, throws computer across room, kicks a puppy*
    Hahaha
    - Julie Furtado

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    eff 'em in Crapsdale.
    jackwagons with their wittle poes, and kahkis and bahama jungle hats with their wittle juice packets of sugar and cute wittle sox and clean hiking boots.

I WILL RUN 'EM DOWN IN CRAPSDALE EVERYTIME. DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM AR$HATS, LIMPWRIST, YOGURT SIPPING BUTT RANGERS FROM H3LL!
    time for your meds.

suvlako
    Reasonable Rant.Someone has always gotta "f" things up becuase they just don't give a ***** about how there actions might affect other people. I find it funny that the usual suspects play the "cool off brah" and "you're too touchy" card. I wonder how these folks would respond to say a young adult smoking going down a lift at Sunrise(as I witnessed on the last two trip up there). Would I be out of line in saying something? My rants about roadies and now, earbud offenders are less about safety and more about lack of consideration.

Suffice it to say that seamingly small things can at times affect people in big ways as exhibited by the A holes that thought it a good idea to make a camp fire in Gale winds. Goin for a ride. Anyone got some earbuds I can borrow??

mtbr member
    THIS!

You're assuming that they are camping to enjoy nature. I think your idea of camping and mine are two different things. If you're camping someplace where others are playing music all day and night, then you're probably some place I personally would avoid like the plague.

Personally, my idea of camping is to be as far away from people as possible.

Meatbomb
    I do have a couple extra pair ...

"No Clue Crew"
    THIS!

whats wrong with radio? Everyone should play the radio ALL day and ALL night ALL the time (says the guy who works in radio)

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I do have a couple extra pair ...
    did you get a pair?

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako View Post
    Reasonable Rant.Someone has always gotta "f" things up becuase they just don't give a ***** about how there actions might affect other people. I find it funny that the usual suspects play the "cool off brah" and "you're too touchy" card. I wonder how these folks would respond to say a young adult smoking going down a lift at Sunrise(as I witnessed on the last two trip up there). Would I be out of line in saying something? My rants about roadies and now, earbud offenders are less about safety and more about lack of consideration.

Suffice it to say that seamingly small things can at times affect people in big ways as exhibited by the A holes that thought it a good idea to make a camp fire in Gale winds. Goin for a ride. Anyone got some earbuds I can borrow??
    Then don't frame the rant like it's a safety (or legal, vis a vis roadies) issue?

Reasonable: People on the trail who listen to headphones at such high volume that they're unaware of any sounds around them are annoying and inconsiderate.

Unreasonable/silly/open to ridicule: Nobody should ever use headphones while on a trail, everyone who does does so in such a way that they're a safety risk to everyone around them and those who use them are as bad as someone who starts a forest fire. Earbuds are like smoking an unspecified substance while riding a lift down a hill.

parenting for gnarness
    Then don't frame the rant like it's a safety (or legal, vis a vis roadies) issue?

Reasonable: People on the trail who listen to headphones at such high volume that they're unaware of any sounds around them are annoying and inconsiderate.

Unreasonable/silly/open to ridicule: Nobody should ever use headphones while on a trail, everyone who does does so in such a way that they're a safety risk to everyone around them and those who use them are as bad as someone who starts a forest fire. Earbuds are like smoking an unspecified substance while riding a lift down a hill.
    i find this reasonable explanation unreasonable

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    did you get a pair?

guess i should have quoted suvlako

parenting for gnarness

guess i should have quoted suvlako

does he have your pair?

Meatbomb
    actually, I have 3.... but I'm a bit concerned about one being so much larger than the other two.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Just keep in mind there is a difference between riding the urban trail systems vs. the more remote trails... I haven't seen another rider, hiker, or whatever, for months. It's not about the headphones.
    I ride with them at times and like to listen my sh*t louder than I should when I do ride with my headphones on. Sometimes I take in mother nature riding with only the sounds of tires on the trail and an occasional squeel from a dirty disk. Same goes for camping and music - it's not the music I'm trying to ditch when I lock in the hubs and drive as far away from the city as I need to. And yes - my stereo is 1.1 jigawats.
    Isn't it really just about not being a big D' head and respecting your surroundings? Headphones on, off, blaring... whatever.

dirt visionary
    I don't and won't wear ear buds but I will use a lil battery operated speaker and make everyone within 15ft listen to whats playing. Doesn't matter if I am listening to classic rock ,metal , hip-hop. I still hear every bit of trail noise including the important tires over dirt sounds
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    I don't and won't wear ear buds but I will use a lil battery operated speaker and make everyone within 15ft listen to whats playing. Doesn't matter if I am listening to classic rock ,metal , hip-hop. I still hear every bit of trail noise including the important tires over dirt sounds
    As long as you're not playing "Achy Breaky Heart".....you're cool with me!

dirt visionary
    nope nothing of the sorts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    "Achy Breaky Heart" is a beautiful American anthem. It means so much to me and stirs deep, deep emotions.

wawe member
    What? This guy ain't cool in your book?

from triskelion roales on Vimeo.

Last edited by Black Bart; 08-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.

nope nothing of the sorts
    Then perhaps, apropos; lets pivot this conversation and talk about the merits of hearing while you ride.......you point out something which I've found of value and you seem to find too....the sound of ones tires on the dirt/sand/gravel/rock. I often time listen to how they sound up until the point where I feel them break.......I study it.....I try to emulate it on different conditions. There is a common sound which occurs and I think/feel/know....if you listen hard enough, you will know when your tires are about to break traction....and you have a chance to correct it.

Call me crazy....but I do have perfect pitch (the only thing I can call perfect in my life)........it just seems to me that clockwork is cluing in on something good not discussed previously. Discuss......

[QUOTE=Black Bart;8329732]What? This guy ain't cool in your book?

<<<>>>>>>>

No....not if fellating a philipino broom made of palm fronds means being "Cool".....on a personal note, and for sure I'm calling out Black Bart......please call off the "1" option on the auto-play variable within vimeo.....I know you did this on purpose, but I urge you to close this pandoras box before less inclined individuals get the message........
    Last edited by Maadjurguer; 08-09-2011 at 09:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fattirebliss View Post
    Aww, Becky, you know my double standards excuse my friends!

wawe member
    No....not if fellating a philipino broom made of palm fronds means being "Cool".....on a personal note, and for sure I'm calling out Black Bart......please call off the "1" option on the auto-play variable within vimeo.....I know you did this on purpose, but I urge you to close this pandoras box before less inclined individuals get the message........
    He really shouldn't have opened with that move, best to save that for a finishing flare.

Yes, the autoplay was just for you . I'll edit the embed now, really annoying stuff in another AZ thread today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Depends on if you're imagining Miley singing it...

He really shouldn't have opened with that move, best to save that for a finishing flare.

Yes, the autoplay was just for you . I'll edit the embed now, really annoying stuff in another AZ thread today.
    Thank you....really...thank you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Then perhaps, apropos; lets pivot this conversation and talk about the merits of hearing while you ride.......you point out something which I've found of value and you seem to find too....the sound of ones tires on the dirt/sand/gravel/rock. I often time listen to how they sound up until the point where I feel them break.......I study it.....I try to emulate it on different conditions. There is a common sound which occurs and I think/feel/know....if you listen hard enough, you will know when your tires are about to break traction....and you have a chance to correct it.

Call me crazy....but I do have perfect pitch (the only thing I can call perfect in my life)........it just seems to me that clockwork is cluing in on something good not discussed previously. Discuss......
    Found the sound when I was a kid trying to find a sound other than Brotha Lynch and Mc 8. Maryvale breeds nothing but the best... I always concidered mt. biking as one of my great escapes from that b.s. Nothing quiet like it and rarely sounds the same twice. I know I'm doing well when I can hear the tires and rocks over my gasping lungs.

parenting for gnarness
    Thank you....really...thank you!
    i applaud both of your senses of decency and not resorting to '2 Girls 1 Cup'.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of the people with the 2500W sound system that blare it all night. These also tend to be the people that set up camp within 50 yds of another camper when there's miles of legal dispersed camping. This way they're guaranteed to have somebody "enjoy" their music and pick up their trash in the morning.
    I am typically one of these kind of campers but it largely has to do with our generation difference.... but at the same time I am a very firm believer in Leave No Trace and respect nature except for my noise pollution at times...
    Last edited by Dewaholic; 08-09-2011 at 09:48 PM.

dirt visionary

Thats exactly why I like to hear my tires on the soil .I have also studied the sounds of my tires during different circumstances and over time it has helped alot. especially when pushing the boundries of speed and control.

Eroding into the trail
    [QUOTE=Maadjurguer;8329740]
    What? This guy ain't cool in your book?

<<<>>>>>>>

No....not if fella ting a Philippine broom made of palm fronds means being "Cool".....on a personal note, and for sure I'm calling out Black Bart......please call off the "1" option on the auto-play variable within vimeo.....I know you did this on purpose, but I urge you to close this Pandora's box before less inclined individuals get the message........

So I just logged-in & made the mistake of watching that disaster, now I'm creeped out & I just want a beer so I don't remember any of it!
    Why would anyone make a video like that? Creep factor 11!

The only music one needs is the music of tires on dirt & the buzz of the hub!

That is all!

banned
    Jun 2011
    wtf!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No Clue Crew
    You're assuming that they are camping to enjoy nature. I think your idea of camping and mine are two different things.
    I think it's a safe assumption to believe people are out in the woods to enjoy the woods. Why else would you travel to the woods? And, based on your following statement it sounds like we have identical ideas of what camping is.

If you're camping someplace where others are playing music all day and night, then you're probably some place I personally would avoid like the plague. Personally, my idea of camping is to be as far away from people as possible.
    When I camp I do get as far away from people as I can. Unfortunately, I've got friends who think camping is pulling into the paved parking spot with a picnic table, fire pit, and nice smooth area for your tent. Those are typically the numbskulls that can't enjoy nature and those are probably the same numbskulls I'll be "camping" with on Mingus Mountain. Never camped with this group so I'm hoping but I'm prepared for several people bringing the city with them.

banned
    Jun 2011
    I rough it when I camp.
    Ice chest is the only cheater.
    crappy tent, iron frying pan, bed roll and nature.
    ...oh and a roll of tp!

mtbr member
    I think it's a safe assumption to believe people are out in the woods to enjoy the woods. Why else would you travel to the woods? And, based on your following statement it sounds like we have identical ideas of what camping is.

When I camp I do get as far away from people as I can. Unfortunately, I've got friends who think camping is pulling into the paved parking spot with a picnic table, fire pit, and nice smooth area for your tent. Those are typically the numbskulls that can't enjoy nature and those are probably the same numbskulls I'll be "camping" with on Mingus Mountain. Never camped with this group so I'm hoping but I'm prepared for several people bringing the city with them.
    "Camping" and "out in the woods" are two different things. I have no idea why some folks go "camping" and bring their radios, TVs, etc. That's not my place to tell somebody else how to live their lives, nor should it be yours.

Meatbomb
    Diesel pusher baby !!!!

Meatbomb
    So, kind of on the same topic... I use about a 1/4 mile section of MUP to get from my house to the McD's trails and recently I've been running into (almost literally) this lady that walks on the wrong (left) side of the trail (also wearing real big 70's style head phones).. This morning I came around a blind corner and there she was in my lane... she startled and jumped when I appeared. This time I stopped, she took off her head sets and I asked her what part of the UK was she from .... I educate her on the fact that she needs to walk on the right to prevent the exact scenario that just occurred... we'll see if i run into her again tomorrow..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewaholic View Post
    I am typically one of these kind of campers but it largely has to do with our generation difference.... but at the same time I am a very firm believer in Leave No Trace and respect nature except for my noise pollution at times...
    Generation difference?! Without knowing my age how can you say that? I don't think its generational- I'm around 30, its just that I don't really care to blare music in the wilderness. It lets the starving rabid bears know where you are.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So, kind of on the same topic... I use about a 1/4 mile section of MUP to get from my house to the McD's trails and recently I've been running into (almost literally) this lady that walks on the wrong (left) side of the trail (also wearing real big 70's style head phones).. This morning I came around a blind corner and there she was in my lane... she startled and jumped when I appeared. This time I stopped, she took off her head sets and I asked her what part of the UK was she from .... I educate her on the fact that she needs to walk on the right to prevent the exact scenario that just occurred... we'll see if i run into her again tomorrow..
    Offer her this stuff !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewaholic View Post
    Generation difference?! Without knowing my age how can you say that? I don't think its generational- I'm around 30, its just that I don't really care to blare music in the wilderness. It lets the starving rabid bears know where you are.
    To a degree it is a generational difference in that younger kids can't walk out of their bedroom without some kind of noise blasting at them. You can't throw a rock without hitting some kid with earbuds almost surgically implanted in their ears. They can't hear sh|t around them nor do they care. It's all about me, me, me.

And there's the old, grumpy bastards like me that like to b|tch about the punks with their pants hanging down so low they can't even walk with a normal stride.

That's all generally speaking, of course. There are always exceptions to the rules...

Eroding into the trail
    ^

That's Vegemite from down under, not the U.K.!
    Maybe tea & crumpets would be more appropriate!

mtbr member
    To a degree it is a generational difference in that younger kids can't walk out of their bedroom without some kind of noise blasting at them. You can't throw a rock without hitting some kid with earbuds almost surgically implanted in their ears. They can't hear sh|t around them nor do they care. It's all about me, me, me.

And there's the old, grumpy bastards like me that like to b|tch about the punks with their pants hanging down so low they can't even walk with a normal stride.

That's all generally speaking, of course. There are always exceptions to the rules...
    Maybe I don't fit with the younger generation anymore then. I don't ***** about it though, I laugh at it. Especially white kids in nice neighborhoods acting ghetto. I grew up downtown Detroit and know what ghetto is all about. Take it from the guy who got shot at 10, they wouldn't last 2 minutes in my old neighborhood.
    - Julie Furtado

dirt visionary
    I bet they would last just fine if they had grown up there like yourself...nothing extrodinary there

No Clue Crew
    Especially white kids in nice neighborhoods acting ghetto.
    From what I can tell that's nearly all of them...

Big B's Trails
    I bet they would last just fine if they had grown up there like yourself...nothing extrodinary there
    Product of the environment
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    That's not my place to tell somebody else how to live their lives, nor should it be yours.

I see what you did there

mtbr member
    Once you finally get around them, tell them that there's a dozen or so more. It'll keep them on their toes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    [QUOTE=DustyBones;8334124]^

That's Vegemite from down under, not the U.K.!
    Maybe tea & crumpets would be more appropriate![/QUOTE
    I beg your pardon good sir...Limey all the way!

marmite song - jamside up - YouTube