I need 2 things from an Arizona Trail(Info Wanted)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New question here. I need 2 things from an Arizona Trail(Info Wanted)

I live in TN, but am doing a road trip with my friends to do some freeride and make some home videos of it. But I'm also an experienced herpetologist and would like the chance to see a few Gila Monsters, banded or reticulated, for some wildlife photos i'll be gathering on our trip. I will hopefully collect pictures of numerous poisonous snakes aswell, but the Gila Monster pics are the most sought after. If anyone can tell me a place that has extreme freeride trails, hopefully that has some intermediate stuff for my friends, and a few Gilas along the way, I would appreciate it sooo much!!!

-Chase

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazanak
    I live in TN, but am doing a road trip with my friends to do some freeride and make some home videos of it. But I'm also an experienced herpetologist and would like the chance to see a few Gila Monsters, banded or reticulated, for some wildlife photos i'll be gathering on our trip. I will hopefully collect pictures of numerous poisonous snakes aswell, but the Gila Monster pics are the most sought after. If anyone can tell me a place that has extreme freeride trails, hopefully that has some intermediate stuff for my friends, and a few Gilas along the way, I would appreciate it sooo much!!!

-Chase
    Any of the descents off Pinal Mountain that feed into the Check Dam Trail. I've seen Gilas twice on that trail. It's the right altitude, it's very remote -- and the trails are baaaaadassssss.

E me if you'd like my map.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

caninus xerophilous

In addition to what Paul sez:

There are two excellent freeride sites along the Gila River near Florence with ample opportunity for reptilian photography, too include the beast you seek, and intermediate riding. Also the Gila thrives in the Catalina area where there are some decent multi skill trails.

Drop a line if you're interested in the Gila River stuff, the Catalina stuff is available in most guide books or local trail maps.

Louis

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    There are two excellent freeride sites along the Gila River near Florence with ample opportunity for reptilian photography, too include the beast you seek, and intermediate riding. Also the Gila thrives in the Catalina area where there are some decent multi skill trails.

Drop a line if you're interested in the Gila River stuff, the Catalina stuff is available in most guide books or local trail maps.

Louis
    Florence: Good call. I'm gonna have to figure out a decent loop out there for the next edition. What was that road again...Battle Axe Road or something like that? And you haven't shown my bowls n' boulders yet. We should make a date (assuming my skills ever come back to me :-/ ).

p.

caninus xerophilous

I know were just getting reacquainted, so don't take this as too forward:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    We should make a date (assuming my skills ever come back to me :-/ ).

p.
    How about this Sunday?

We will be hitting the Bowl and Boulders and you'd be most welcomed.

Louis

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    How about this Sunday?

We will be hitting the Bowl and Boulders and you'd be most welcomed.

Louis
    Got a hot date with a roadie chick. No can do. Maybe next weekend? I know all-budz is, like, now isn't it?

p.

(Actually it's not that exciting. Charlene and I are going for a road ride up here in town. She needs the exercise, I need the research).

caninus xerophilous

Hummpf! You stood me up for a roadie!

Well then, I 'm doing Milagrosa next Sunday!

We'll take some pics of the Bowls and Bouldes and send them your way.

Have a good un' and and say hey to G1 for me.

Louis

Members who have read this thread: 1