Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780

    Cool-blue Rhythm I call this perfect riding weather.

    Some may think it is getting warm but today's late afternoon ride was the best for me in a while! Might be because I"m a native Arizonian, but I ride better when it is warm. I've been off the bike for close to a month and today it felt like I had not been side lined at all. Heck the knee is not even feeling sore right now and I pushed it for a fat guy! I know the temps will be changing soon and while 115 is good for business! I prefer it to stay 95 year round.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  2. #2
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,284
    I got on a plane to head to Sin City for work this week (Minneapolis). It was still cool when I left on monday...and even cooler when I arrived in Minneapolis. When I got off the plane today and headed home...I went for a ride. I feel almost dead....and I ride in the summer all the time. I suppose this is good riding weather, but when you get slapped by the temp gradient over such a short period of time....it is not good riding weather. Hopefully tomorrows ride goes better.




  3. #3
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,291
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    while 115 is good for business! .

    You must be in the HVAC business

  4. #4
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    You must be in the HVAC business
    Auto A/C
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Some may think it is getting warm but today's late afternoon ride was the best for me in a while! Might be because I"m a native Arizonian, but I ride better when it is warm. I've been off the bike for close to a month and today it felt like I had not been side lined at all. Heck the knee is not even feeling sore right now and I pushed it for a fat guy! I know the temps will be changing soon and while 115 is good for business! I prefer it to stay 95 year round.
    *no comment*
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  6. #6
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    *no comment*
    Next Tuesday or Thursday Skinny. I'm just doing a loop down to the run at Tatum and turning back over to 40th. Then the upper Zipper back. Alomst went twice but flipped it around before heading back east after the short climb on T100.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  7. #7
    Pivotal figure
    Reputation: kenbentit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,373
    The temp's just right now, makes warming up a breeze and I can still do long rides. Once it gets past 105 it's a different story though
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

  8. #8
    livin' the dream......
    Reputation: tjkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,837
    Rode out of Dreamy after work tonight, and the weather was just awesome. Good stuff!

  9. #9
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    The temp's just right now, makes warming up a breeze and I can still do long rides. Once it gets past 105 it's a different story though
    That's what I'm saying, no cold weather snotty nose, warn up is a couple hundred yards and you can ride as long as you want. Now Tuesday I felt it more when it was over 100.

    Pulling some sample music, might need a pacifier in my backpack now. Rotersand has a driving beat for sure!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  10. #10
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I was east between 32nd and Tatum. Was the fat dude and could not be missed!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  11. #11
    Pivotal figure
    Reputation: kenbentit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,373
    Rotersand is the best! I was going to see them last year(?) but the show got cancelled
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

  12. #12
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,673
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I prefer it to stay 95 year round.
    So you have your A/C set to 95?


    My issue with this is that people *claim* they like it hot, then they retire to their A/C cooled houses and cars.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  13. #13
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Rotersand is the best! I was going to see them last year(?) but the show got cancelled
    Great suggestions as that was what I was looking for. Like I said I'm not up to date on the music scene. But so far the samples I have pulled from a few posters suggestions are what I was looking for. I'll figure out a set and go buy them on a online somewhere.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  14. #14
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    So you have your A/C set to 95?


    My issue with this is that people *claim* they like it hot, then they retire to their A/C cooled houses and cars.
    Nope as I can't sleep when it is warm. Plus with diabetes sleeping is a issue with me to begin with! So I don't add to the issue by trying to conform to my riding temp preference.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  15. #15
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,673
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Nope as I can't sleep when it is warm. Plus with diabetes sleeping is a issue with me to begin with! So I don't add to the issue by trying to conform to my riding temp preference.
    No matter, I wish you guys get 95 degrees year-round too(except for inside). 95 down there means riding in the 70s here, and 60s in flag, in other words "perfect" (for me).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  16. #16
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I hit Flag once last year during the summer at it was great! Hope to get back again this summer.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  17. #17
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,673
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I hit Flag once last year during the summer at it was great! Hope to get back again this summer.
    It doesn't get to 95 degrees very often.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  18. #18
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I'll wear a jacket!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    It wasn't too bad out, especially when the sun went down.
    Had a good rip with azdog and two other riders at Dreamy Draw.
    Good times!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  20. #20
    drink coffee, ride.
    Reputation: cookiedough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    558
    I like the warmer weather as well, I wear the knee warmers until it passes 65.

    That being said, there is just something refreshing about heading to Flag and getting out at Schultz Creek at about 65 degrees in the afternoon.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Next Tuesday or Thursday Skinny. I'm just doing a loop down to the run at Tatum and turning back over to 40th. Then the upper Zipper back. Alomst went twice but flipped it around before heading back east after the short climb on T100.
    I might be up for Tuesday. Please keep this between me and you, but I've been going to this weight-lifting class at my gym. It's more like aerobics, but with weights. It totally kicks my ass.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  22. #22
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,273
    Ya, TRB...Kavu, TJKM, my buddy Rob must have just missed you. We came in off of 32nd around 6:30. I love this weather although it was a huge change from the cold temps in Moab and Colorado last weekend.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  23. #23
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I might be up for Tuesday. Please keep this between me and you, but I've been going to this weight-lifting class at my gym. It's more like aerobics, but with weights. It totally kicks my ass.
    I'll make sure not to mention you're taking an aerobics with weights class and it kicks your a$$.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  24. #24
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Yep, as I had to be crossing that area about time.

    Relevant Data
    Start Time:Apr 23, 2009 5:21:53 PM
    Finish Time:Apr 23, 2009 6:27:06 PM
    Time Zone:Arizona, Dawson Creek
    I did this loop 1.5 times.


    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  25. #25
    oh Lucky me
    Reputation: Exodus11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    705
    i went out yesterday for a short ride afterwork, FIP around 520 i think it was around 90degrees. it felt perfect
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.