Howdy Rockman!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Howdy Rockman!

1 bike to ride them all

Howdy Rockman!

It was great to meet you and your budy up on the trail today. Hope to ride with you up in Flag some time.

How was the rest of your ride? Hope you're not feeling too hung-over?

mtbr member
    Good to meet you as well. Thanks for showing me that line off the pass. I don't think I would have tried that without having seen it done first

When I got back, my truck was in the process of being ticketed for lack of a red rock pass. The FS guy asked if I wanted to buy a day pass but I told him to write me a ticket anyway so I could use it as wallpaper for my garage remodel. He was not amused but after a few tricky questions about where I had been riding and the pro/cos of illegal trails and whether or not destroying them actually adds to resource damage I aquiesced and bought a $5 pass to avoid the $55 ticket.

The .05 percent
    you do know those tix are unenforceable right?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    you do know those tix are unenforceable right?
    Please explain...

The .05 percent
    Last time I did a group ride in Sedona and parked at huckabee trail head with a large group, the forest service worker came by and was checking for red rock passes. He got to the vehicle I was riding with adn asked about our red rock pass status. The driver stated that we don't believe in it and the forest service rep just walked away. When we returned I was sure there would be a ticket, nope. I have been here for 10 years and have not had a ticket yet, nor bought a pass.

Members who have read this thread: 0