MTBR Mafia

How Many Of You Have Ridden With A MTBR Dude?

i always see people scheduling rides wit people they dont even know on here and want to know how many of you actually have done it.

P.S. if anyone wants to rip SoMo i'm there. hehe
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub
    i always see people scheduling rides wit people they dont even know on here and want to know how many of you actually have done it.

I have, quite a few times over the years. My 1st time was at Spring Fling several years ago.

Rita

I railed it like Kong
    I've met with a few on different rides. It's probably the best way i've found to learn new trails and routes. No psychos yet.

When out on trails meeting people i always ask if they are ever on MTBR - Most of the time just blank stares. We need a sign we flash so we know each other. Maybe make an "L" with your right hand and put on your forehead.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Many of them, and they all think I am a clown.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Saucy Size
    Darned near all of them, at one time or another. Great way to meet new riding buddies. Great way to meet clowns.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

MTBR Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by rkonindustry
    When out on trails meeting people i always ask if they are ever on MTBR - Most of the time just blank stares. We need a sign we flash so we know each other. Maybe make an "L" with your right hand and put on your forehead.
    me and my friend were just talking about that. we need like a word or motion to do so we can recognize eachother.

anyone got anything better than the L?
    All Mountain was so 2005

swashbucklerette
    I've ridden with a couple MTBR dudes & dudettes. I even went to the Downieville gathering by myself a few years ago (was on travel for work in the area that week) without knowing anyone other than their online selves. It was great! The Canadians (JimC, CraigH, TheOtherH) ended up taking me under their wing and I had a blast!

6'4"-6'9" with the afro

... and if we just ... I wonder too...

me and my friend were just talking about that. we need like a word or motion to do so we can recognize eachother.

anyone got anything better than the L?
    ...but I'm always afraid I'll cross that fine line between bike enthusiast and internet stalker. I actually rode Sunset trail in Flag w/ AZClyde last summer but didn't even know him as his mtbr handle until I got hooked on this site earlier this year. BTW, haven't seen him post in a long time -- I'm guessing work has gotten out of hand?

Would like to hook up w/ some of you folks sometime for a ride. I ride pretty regularly weekday mornings on South and anywhere on Saturday mornings.

BTW -- I ride an XL '05 Enduro Expert (the blue one w/ a 36) ... if you ever come across me on the trail shout out a 'hi'.

cdub -- maybe a sticker on the helmet?

Cookin' in AZ
    May 2005
    I get that signal alot, funny thing is they are never on a bike when they give it

I've met with a few on different rides. It's probably the best way i've found to learn new trails and routes. No psychos yet.

This space intentionally left blank

I railed it like Kong
    if only MTBR gave away patches...
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

I need to ride more.
    Nov 2004

Clown Fest

Just once, and it was a blast. I would like to ride with new people more often, but I guess the timing just hasn't worked out. Probably because I like to ride a lot earlier than most people.

FastrThnU

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by FastrThnU
    Just once, and it was a blast. I would like to ride with new people more often, but I guess the timing just hasn't worked out. Probably because I like to ride a lot earlier than most people.

FastrThnU

Uhh..perhaps it's your MTBR name...FastrThnU

MTBR Mafia

FastrThnU
    ya i would like to take you up on your name. pic any trail on SoMo and i will race you. just to make sure you are worthy of such a powerful name
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    ya i would like to take you up on your name. pic any trail on SoMo and i will race you. just to make sure you are worthy of such a powerful name
    Ever done the squealer? www.flightofthepigs.com You want respect on South Mnt, finish well in that race. We'll see how big those words are.

I lean like a cholo!

Once, but it was just experimentation

I once rode a MTBR dude, but I was in a different place at the time.
    Actually ridden with a few people that post here. Went to Globe last year with the Paul B festival. Rode with the hooligans at this years spring fling (So Mo), Monk, Rkon, DHFaster.
    ...and I used my strength to rip my blouse...

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    There's a good reason for that...
    Because I hang with you.
    I AM JUST A JERK

I need to ride more.
    Nov 2004

Fatter, not Faster.

I misspelled my name when I joined, it's supposed to be FatterThnU. At 197 lbs, I'm more in the Clydesdale category than the Fast category.

Actually, I started using FastrThnU when I was one of the first 10 people in AZ to get a Cable Modem (maybe 5-6 years ago?). It has *nothing* to do with my bike riding ability!

I was just pumped that I could download at 500KB/sec instead of 5K/sec like my friends that were still on 56k modem dialup.

I probably should just abandon this account and pick a new name, apparantly there isn't a way to change the name now.

BTW, I'll be riding at 4:30am tomorrow if you want to race

L8r,
    Richard

MTBR Mafia
    I misspelled my name when I joined, it's supposed to be FatterThnU. At 197 lbs, I'm more in the Clydesdale category than the Fast category.

Actually, I started using FastrThnU when I was one of the first 10 people in AZ to get a Cable Modem (maybe 5-6 years ago?). It has *nothing* to do with my bike riding ability!

I was just pumped that I could download at 500KB/sec instead of 5K/sec like my friends that were still on 56k modem dialup.

I probably should just abandon this account and pick a new name, apparantly there isn't a way to change the name now.

BTW, I'll be riding at 4:30am tomorrow if you want to race

L8r,
    Richard
    haha. ok that explains a lot. but i havent been up before 11 for a month and i could maby do like a 8 o clock ride but thats pushing it. guess well have to save the "race" for another time. lol
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member

gone both ways

I've met many, many, many people over the eight or so years that I've been posting here. Some have went on to become long term friends and several have turned me on to some very, VERY, cool riding places throughout the country. Tiggerider, from Colorado, has become a great friend and he is one of the most skilled riders I've ever met. I've got to ride with some crazy Canadians as well as some very talented, and way cool, people from Cali.
    Rides have went both ways. There have been many riders, especially those visiting on vacation, that have over rated their personal skills and have ended up getting dragged up or down something that they truly we not ready for. On the other hand, nothing is better than getting schooled by someone that has never been on your local trails.....especially if they were a girl.
    AKA: G-wat

I am Doctor Remulak
    Bugaroo, you broke my MTBR cherry...either on a Hawes ride many moons ago with the Raging Germans or on the Sedona trip where we met Tiggerider. Where did that beef jerkey come from?

Like Bugaroo, I've met many people (not just dudes) here on MTBR (or through MTBR connections) that I consider friends and ride with regularly. I've also met people on the trail and later found out that they lurk/post here as well (dirtbag comes to mind).

I even consider Dirdir a friend even though he's a self confessed clown.

MTBR Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Bugaroo, you broke my MTBR cherry...either on a Hawes ride many moons ago with the Raging Germans or on the Sedona trip where we met Tiggerider. Where did that beef jerkey come from?

Like Bugaroo, I've met many people (not just dudes) here on MTBR (or through MTBR connections) that I consider friends and ride with regularly. I've also met people on the trail and later found out that they lurk/post here as well (dirtbag comes to mind).

Yes, many of the clowns including Dirdir unfortunately... Even managed to drag an out of towner for an epic South slam-fest (sorry Rodney) earlier this yr. I'd credit this place and the MTBR dudes w/rekindling my love for the sport.

I am Walt
    I discovered this last fall and have met and ridden with many new folks. Mostly "blind dates" to begin with, but I've never run into a REAL a-hole yet. I've also learned alot and become a better rider.
    Ride more; post less...

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Srexy
    Yes, many of the clowns including Dirdir unfortunately...
    At least I am not British. You know, civilized, intelligent, good speller and such.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Thanks. I love you too. Now all I have to do is learn how to talk and socialize.

As I said, I have gone riding with a ton of mtbr people. Great fun, the whole lot of em. Until mtbr, I had never used a discussion board. I am glad I started. Thanks to all those of mtbr that I have gone riding with and thanks to my mom for having me.
    I AM JUST A JERK

my knees hurt
    I just started coming to this board about a month ago.....I have already ridden with a bunch of people who scheduled rides from here. All great people.....I've enjoyed every ride.

Occidental Tourist
    Lots of them and they've all been good blokes and blokettes.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I discovered this last fall and have met and ridden with many new folks. Mostly "blind dates" to begin with, but I've never run into a REAL a-hole yet. I've also learned alot and become a better rider.

None? I'm hurt!

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

sprocket
    I've ridden with a few. They, like myself, fail to represent themselves truthfully on the boards. That said, I find most of them relatively slow and dimwitted.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    I've ridden with a few. They, like myself, fail to represent themselves truthfully on the boards. That said, I find most of them relatively slow and dimwitted.
    Ok, so come clean. What is it about yourself that you do not represent truthfully here? The same for the others you have met? Who do you find relatively slow? Dimwitted? By slow, do you mean slow riding,slow in the head, or both?

I have gone riding with you once and recall that your wheel busted.
    I AM JUST A JERK

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Ok, so come clean. What is it about yourself that you do not represent truthfully here? The same for the others you have met? Who do you find relatively slow? Dimwitted? By slow, do you mean slow riding,slow in the head, or both?

I have gone riding with you once and recall that your wheel busted.
    I find I never speak the truth unless it relates to me actually have ridden, going to ride or thinking about riding my bikes. Slow as in everyone looks like they are in slowmotion to me -though this may be due to my prescription (either my eyeglass or drug, I'm not sure). Dimwitted as in I find that many cannot simply read what is posted and regard it with 2 grains of salt.

Ouch, I am hot!
    I find I never speak the truth unless it relates to me actually have ridden, going to ride or thinking about riding my bikes. Slow as in everyone looks like they are in slowmotion to me -though this may be due to my prescription (either my eyeglass or drug, I'm not sure). Dimwitted as in I find that many cannot simply read what is posted and regard it with 2 grains of salt.
    Allright. Read and understood, I think.
    I AM JUST A JERK

I am Walt
    The one time I saw Gordon (yetisurly) on the trail, I did not know it was him at the time, but he had no helmet, no gloves and a very spaced out look in his eyes. He SAID he had been riding, but I don't know...he may have had a raincoat on also...
    Ride more; post less...

sprocket
    The one time I saw Gordon (yetisurly) on the trail, I did not know it was him at the time, but he had no helmet, no gloves and a very spaced out look in his eyes. He SAID he had been riding, but I don't know...he may have had a raincoat on also...
    Yes. No one should wear helmets. I saw you too. You were riding a girls blue 1968 Schwinn Hollywood with a pink basket, struggling to make your way up Lost Dog - wearing, what looked like, a speedo designed for a young woman. Unfortunately, it was ill-fitting and reeked of decaying limes.

I am Walt
    Yes. No one should wear helmets. I saw you too. You were riding a girls blue 1968 Schwinn Hollywood with a pink basket, struggling to make your way up Lost Dog - wearing, what looked like, a speedo designed for a young woman. Unfortunately, it was ill-fitting and reeked of decaying limes.
    I should get props for being on a rigid fixie.

And it was a thong...
    Ride more; post less...

I think I need to Upgrade
    I know a couple of people on here, more if I know what everyone looked like. I would like to ride with people from here but that isn't going to happen till at the earliest October, more like November because of my roll over accident (ruptured spleen). At least I have time to get my new bike (OrangeTurner Flux (yes I know that I have issues)) built up .

I think I need to Upgrade
    I should get props for being on a rigid fixie.

And it was a thong...

I can confirm that, he got the thong out of MY bedroom!!!!!

XC Geek

or stickers maybe?

if only MTBR gave away patches...
    Have you seen any of these on the trail?
    http://www.mtbr.com/admin.shtml
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

Renegade of Krunk
    I know ynotgobig has gone ridding with a few people on these boards. He hasnt been posting much so I figured I'd talk for him. Downhillfaster and a few other members here have gone on rides with. I need to meet up with some of the guys here at Papago or the other places I've seen palmer post pics of.
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this