banned

Good job! How many Sunrise ***** threads will we have this summer

discuss...

My other ride is your mom
    I'm not sure....but I'll cut out the middlemen and just get down to what these threads, in the end, turn into:

1) Sunrise is, perhaps....the best skiing....anywhere....even better than Whistler...and they have better snow...even better than utah.
    2) The Management at Sunrise do not ride bikes
    3) The economics of the situation are not logical, nor are they consistent
    4) "Screw Them, I'm taking my business to New Mexico"

It remains to be seen how the new "dark horse" will play out.....I'm referring to the flirtation that Mt. Lemmon will someday have lift-based MTB access.

Mike-e

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I'm not sure....but I'll cut out the middlemen and just get down to what these threads, in the end, turn into:

1) Sunrise is, perhaps....the best skiing....anywhere....even better than Whistler...and they have better snow...even better than utah.

It remains to be seen how the new "dark horse" will play out.....I'm referring to the flirtation that Mt. Lemmon will someday have lift-based MTB access.
    Let the bickering start in 3... 2... 1...

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-e
    174 counting this one?

Mike-e
    Quote Originally Posted by abcnorte
    174 counting this one?
    Yes, lets get those other 173 started!
    F' Sunrise Does that count or should I start a new thread for it?

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Yes, lets get those other 173 started!
    F' Sunrise Does that count or should I start a new thread for it?
    "The official 2010 F Sunrise Thread" Post your picks and discuss.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Forgot the part where if you want to DH in AZ you better buy a truck. New springs going in just for Elden Road!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

suvlako

Lemmon

Mt. Lemmon??? Have you ever been to Mt. Lemmon? One good multiuse trail, one illegal destroyed FR trail and mostly wilderness. Doubt Phoenicians are going to drive three to four hours to ride there when they ***** and moan about SR. I appreciate the interest but the misdirected energy is astounding.

Speaking of astounding, so is the # of SR threads.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Mt. Lemmon??? Have you ever been to Mt. Lemmon? One good multiuse trail, one illegal destroyed FR trail and mostly wilderness. Doubt Phoenicians are going to drive three to four hours to ride there when they ***** and moan about SR. I appreciate the interest but the misdirected energy is astounding.

Speaking of astounding, so is the # of SR threads.

So I'm guessing you've been in contact with Myra?

Have you made arrangements to get the Army Corp of Engineers armed with hair dryers up to the top Sunrise to melt the 6 feet of snow still on the ground?

How long before all the blown down is removed after the snow melts?

Have any trail maintenance days been scheduled?

How long before we can expect the bike park to be finished?

Answers man, we need answers! With your ambitious posts last season, we're all counting on you to get er done!

banned
    the best DH/FR trail would be one that wouldn't require a lift or a truck, but a pedal to the top......

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    the best DH/FR trail would be one that wouldn't require a lift or a truck, but a pedal to the top......
    Can't drink as much beer pedaling as you can on the lift.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog

That's what your camelback's for, yo

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog

oh really you say.....

Mike-e
    That's what your camelback's for, yo
    Yeah, you can also attach a vapo to the camelbacks bladder and use the hose to take a rip.

suvlako
    SIXSIXTYSIX, I had a little chuckle from this one and then proceeded to write a half a page in response to it and then thought to myself... I am just going to be apathetic(in true phx fashion) to the hole thing and just go ride my bike. In addition my ambition last year was met with equal ambition in pissing all over my points(you included).

This said, if the "Army of Apathy" needs help clearing the aforementioned dead fall, or some extra hair dryers, I'll be around in Pinetop all summer and would be happy to lend a hand. To whomever is "running the show", give me a shout and lets plan some trail days.

"So I'm guessing you've been in contact with Myra?

Have you made arrangements to get the Army Corp of Engineers armed with hair dryers up to the top Sunrise to melt the 6 feet of snow still on the ground?

How long before all the blown down is removed after the snow melts?

Have any trail maintenance days been scheduled?

How long before we can expect the bike park to be finished?

Answers man, we need answers! With your ambitious posts last season, we're all counting on you to get er done!"

Shred...it's the new drug
    With as many new trails and areas popping up as sick AZ DH shred...I think we could live without sunrise opening at all...ie. mingus, pinals, gold ridge, FLAG, etc. Plus all the sweet resort shred within driving distance...we'll just have to work a little harder for our stoke, but it'll be worth it!

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    SIXSIXTYSIX, I had a little chuckle from this one and then proceeded to write a half a page in response to it and then thought to myself... I am just going to be apathetic(in true phx fashion) to the hole thing and just go ride my bike. In addition my ambition last year was met with equal ambition in pissing all over my points(you included).

This said, if the "Army of Apathy" needs help clearing the aforementioned dead fall, or some extra hair dryers, I'll be around in Pinetop all summer and would be happy to lend a hand. To whomever is "running the show", give me a shout and lets plan some trail days.
    Not being apathetic at all, I already planned on not spending the time or money driving up there this summer to support Sunrise since like Late Drop said, there's plenty else going on in the AZ DH scene that makes it not worth the disappointment.

As for the "Army of Apathy". Pretty sure the tribe isn't exactly going have people lining up to do trail work this season. I'd say if you think you can get it done, be my guest.

mtbr member
    This stuff is so bogus, just be happy that there are places to ride.
    Dougie Fresh!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    With as many new trails and areas popping up as sick AZ DH shred...I think we could live without sunrise opening at all...ie. mingus, pinals, gold ridge, FLAG, etc. Plus all the sweet resort shred within driving distance...we'll just have to work a little harder for our stoke, but it'll be worth it!
    While those places are fun, and the trails are far better than sunrise...
    It would still be nice to have lift access in AZ.
    ... I'm just sayin

Now who's ready for Angelfire in June?
    Last edited by kubo; 05-19-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Mike-e
    A few of us are planning on hitting up the Chile Challenge the first weekend of June. Any interest in racing?

Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    Now who's ready for Angelfire in July?

mtbr member
    A few of us are planning on hitting up the Chile Challenge the first weekend of June. Any interest in racing?
    Snort...
    I meant to put June.

Ill be there.

Downhill Messiah
    Im so bummed we aren't gonna make it to angelfire this year. Been the last two years and had a blast. Adam and Andy were #1 and #2 until the last three riders came down the mtn, and blew them away.

BTW, make sure you ride the supremem DH trail when you are there, soooo much fun with a few good size doubles at the end.

And oh yeah, Sunrise Sucks!!
    Madspeed always prevails!

Mike-e
    Bummer you can't make it... I've only been once before and it was awesome! I think I've improved my riding since then so hopefully I'll do well. Tell your PT that you gotta ride! Hope to see you out on the trail soon

Ooopps, forgot to say how much I hate sunrise!

Quote Originally Posted by tgiles
    Im so bummed we aren't gonna make it to angelfire this year. Been the last two years and had a blast. Adam and Andy were #1 and #2 until the last three riders came down the mtn, and blew them away.

BTW, make sure you ride the supremem DH trail when you are there, soooo much fun with a few good size doubles at the end.

And oh yeah, Sunrise Sucks!!

Downhill Messiah
    Bummer you can't make it... I've only been once before and it was awesome! I think I've improved my riding since then so hopefully I'll do well. Tell your PT that you gotta ride! Hope to see you out on the trail soon

Ooopps, forgot to say how much I hate sunrise!
    I Tell her that i need to ride and she replies "You can ride, but have fun trying to walk in a few years" So im trying to do the smart thing and take it easy to heal, but trust me it aint easy!!!

I'm sure you'll do awesome man. When your up there, make sure to pull a move like this on Pasch!!!!

Clip from Two Six "Git Sum" An Awesome video BTW.

sixsixtysix
    I Tell her that i need to ride and she replies "You can ride, but have fun trying to walk in a few years" So im trying to do the smart thing and take it easy to heal, but trust me it aint easy!!!

I'm sure you'll do awesome man. When your up there, make sure to pull a move like this on Pasch!!!!

Thats freaking awesome

Mike-e
    Hahahaha! That was sweet! Posh is to big of a b!tch to come race... I don't know if I could get the Demo to do a 360, maybe I'll just front flip the road gap

Downhill Messiah
    Hahahahaha!

mtbr member

hahahaha!

mtbr member
    best defensive racing move ever.

I think Sunrise is great. the bees knees. I'd like to suckle from the teet of sunrise.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member

Angel Fire open on Memorial Day Weekend!

I am going to Angel Fire for The Challenge and hopefully memorial day weekend. Its definetly always a good time there. They look nice and dry too, I have been checking out there live cam.

banned
    LOL!! Rubbing is racing, but I didn't even tough you fool!

Members who have read this thread: 0