How Long For Trails To Dry?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

How Long For Trails To Dry?

I'm a northerner just down for a couple of months. I've been riding quite a bit while down here, much of it recently at Brown's Ranch. With the recent rain and projected forcasts I'm wondering how long before trails will be good to ride? The dirt here is a lot different than back home and I'm not sure what to expect.
    Loving the riding down here! Thanks to all that have been involved in making these trails happen!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickbowhip View Post
    I'm a northerner just down for a couple of months. I've been riding quite a bit while down here, much of it recently at Brown's Ranch. With the recent rain and projected forcasts I'm wondering how long before trails will be good to ride? The dirt here is a lot different than back home and I'm not sure what to expect.
    Loving the riding down here! Thanks to all that have been involved in making these trails happen!
    A bunch of my friends rode in Sedona today and they said conditions are good. Gold Canyon should be good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Browns I like to give an extra day or two to dry off. Tends to be kinda squishy, and probably even longer for some of the newly cut trails.

On the flip side, lotsa people were out riding South Mountain (and PMP) during the rain yesterday. Rocky enough, and drains well enough, that it doesn't really have issues. Just don't ride like a jackass on the softer bits =)

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Are there any Sedona gravel routes that stand up to this recent weather better than Trail? Iím in town for a few days but brought both bikes thinking I may get rained out of trail riding. And recommendations for gravel routes? Was thinking Schnebly but maybe not so good after rain from what Iím reading. Thank you!