mtbr member
    Sep 2005

House rentals in Tuscon

A group of us are looking at renting a house for a couple weeks in February or March to get in some winter training. We are looking for a place where we don't have to ride miles through the city to go riding and comfortable. Any suggestions or links would be great.

Cheers.

Plus size jersey model
    I know these are right next to some of the best riding in town.

http://starrpassrentals.com/properties.html

and then probably check craigslist. If you give me some addresses I can tell you if they are close to anything or not.

Tucson, AZ
    You can sleep on my back porch/lawn/hammoch for free, mi casa es tu casa. Otherwise, I'd head to the east side of town, near Tanque Verde/Reddington Area. Mt Lemmon and Reddington would make for some good road/mtb riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks... The Star Pass places look alright. I Just have to see how many would be going. East side is where most have recommended and looking at the maps, it makes sense.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz
    A group of us are looking at renting a house for a couple weeks in February or March to get in some winter training. We are looking for a place where we don't have to ride miles through the city to go riding and comfortable. Any suggestions or links would be great.

Cheers.
    The only issue is that in Feb/Mar, the trails at the top of Mt Lemmon might still be a
    bit chilly (depending on your definition of "chilly").

What type of "winter training" were you really looking for?
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    The only issue is that in Feb/Mar, the trails at the top of Mt Lemmon might still be a
    bit chilly (depending on your definition of "chilly").

What type of "winter training" were you really looking for?

We mtb in -15C... I should be okay with Chilly. Anyone know where these are http://www.mtlemmoncabins.com/contact.html? Is this a good location for a base camp? We are logging miles on the road bike, with some good long climbing involved. We will have our mountain bikes with us though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz
    We mtb in -15C... I should be okay with Chilly. Anyone know where these are http://www.mtlemmoncabins.com/contact.html? Is this a good location for a base camp? We are logging miles on the road bike, with some good long climbing involved. We will have our mountain bikes with us though.
    The top of Mt Lemmon would be SWEET! But you might see snow up there in Feb. That
    can affect both road and trail riding.

If you rent at the bottom of Mt Lemmon, however, you will not see snow and you will be
    able to ride up the mountain until you hit the unrideable spots (if it's snowed-in). But who
    knows? There may not be any snow at all. Weather is so fickle.

There's no shortage of trails in Tucson!

Oh, yeah. If you're looking for long road climbs for training, don't bother renting on the West side
    (Starr Pass). The best road climb is up Catalina Highway, up Mt Lemmon.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

~~~~~~~
    i'd recommend you POST a "housing wanted" add to craigslist describing exactly what you want. many folks have places they want to rent (or don't know they want to rent) and will peruse the list to see if the perfect situation can be found for them. they will likely never post up their place for rent or sublet because they don't want to deal with all of the various people and situations that can grow out of advertising. you also get the added benefit of having the add do the work for you. i can't tell you how many wonderful situations i've found this way.

Members who have read this thread: 0