In honor of our record 94 degree day in MARCH...- Mtbr.com
    pedaller

In honor of our record 94 degree day in MARCH...

yesterday, I thought I'd post a link to some spectacular pics that'll make us appreciate why we live in AZ!!

C-C-C-Cold riding...Brrrr!!!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Huh?

Whats that white stuff?

Portable curmudgeon

Record averted down south

Tucson was getting towards its own version of warm on Tuesday but Wednesday afternoon treated us to a surprise monsoon-like storm including thunder, lightning, and a decent amount of rain in some places. The bike ride home from work just after the cell passed was just plain wonderful. The storm outwash even provided a bonus tailwind.

Still, how could I have known that after a few days of tickling the 90s that I'd be wishing I'd left the fenders on the commuter? Just goes to show that if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

And since climate-related posts in the Arizona Forum seem to draw the more didactically-inclined among us, let it be known that I: (1) am not complaining about the heat; (2) am aware it will get truly hot later on; and (3) did not engender hiker hatred by riding on a muddy trail. We cool?

Bike down,
    =Jason=

XC Geek

I'm not sure if that's an insult or not

My wife's a teacher, I can't help it, she's worn of on me.
    These have been great days to ride that's for sure, take advantage of them!
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

Portable curmudgeon

nope..

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Steelhead
    My wife's a teacher, I can't help it, she's worn of on me.
    These have been great days to ride that's for sure, take advantage of them!
    Nothing meant by it - just being snarky. I wasn't even thinking about this being April 1st, either. If I was actually trying to trade insults, I'd drop in on that "off-topic" forum. I'm glad there's a padded cell over there because that stuff used to clog up Passion and General all the time.

Anyway, I just recall where someone mentioned how hot it was getting to be back in February or early March or something. They nearly got flamed over it, though it worked its way around to a good chuckle at the end. The issue seemed to be not that it was warm, but that it was so warm right after being so mild. Not so bad lately, what with it being hot right after it was warm. Just ease me into it, is all. Today is a bluebird by any measure.

Same sort of thing happened with some discussion over riding T100 - the highly erosion resistant rockpile that it tends to be - right after a rain. I'd like to think most folks are informed and conscientious about what trail conditions can and can't support riding.

Back to the heat. I'm a big dude, and dang if I'm not worried about getting overheated out here. I was out of state for 5 years recently, but it was in Sacramento. I thus hope I was able to retain some of my adaptation to inferno conditions. Anyway, I'll just have the sense not to complain about the triple digits becaue it goes with the territory. Besides, stoicism builds character. And also heat strokes. Summer will be one of those times that I'm glad I'm a morning person.

Again, no offense meant. I'll see you out there sometime. Cheers.

=Jason=

XC Geek
    And now it's raining like crazy, well at least like crazy for AZ. Karma, hopefully it dries up so I can ride this weekend.
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

Members who have read this thread: 0