Homeless Guy Living on Javelina (SoMo)- Mtbr.com
    sixsixtysix

Homeless Guy Living on Javelina (SoMo)

Just a heads up for anyone doing night rides around the Beverly/Javelina trail area at night, there is a homeless guy living out there.

I have been out there the past 4 nights this week and seen him each night, generally in the same area by the bottom of Javelina near the water tank, but also over in Beverly Canyon on Wed night.

Older guy, dreadlocks, smells really bad. Seem's harmless enough, but if you are close enough he will try to get you to stop. So I figured I'd pass the info along in case anyone goes riding/hiking out there so you don't think some crazy is out to get you.

Or maybe he is, who knows.

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

not surprising...

The guy that used to live out there died several years back, so not surprising that someone else would move into the area (from a physics perspective, nature hates a vacuum).

Hope his stay doesn't end the way of his predecessor....

mtbr member
    Over/Under on the first "what does he do with his ****?" reply? I give it 5 (and my post does not count).
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Over/Under on the first "what does he do with his ****?" reply? I give it 5 (and my post does not count).
    By the whiff I got of him the other night, he keeps it with him.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    As long as he's not tuggin' as you ride by. But I guess you've got to keep those dreds tight somehow.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

NardoSS
    Ugh, I know who you're talking about. He begs at the Circle K on Baseline and his body odor made me gag. I'm not overly sensitive to smell, but wow. QT must not put up with him, because I've never seen him there. He's in his own little world mentally and I'd sooner turn around than go by him when alone on the mountain bike. Super, the girlfriend runs out there alone and now I have to worry about sh!t smelling crazy homeless man on the same trail...fuk.

"No Clue Crew"
    Sorry guys. I'll try to take a shower soon.
    666- I do in fact keep it with me. in this economy, I believe it will soon be worth as much as the USD.
    Nardo- I wont mess with your g/f, unless she's hot !

mtbr member
    I saw him or possibly some other bum out there a couple months ago early morning heading out of the park on Javelina by the water tank. Out of reflex I said "hi" as I passed and got an irritated sounding groan in response.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom93R1
    Out of reflex I said "hi" as I passed and got an irritated sounding groan in response.
    And that differs from the other interactions with hikers how?

mtbr member
    Maybe we can pay him to scare hikers away.

Just Joshin' ya!
    The poor dude is living in a culvert off of the canal. I saw it the other day as I was riding over to Beverly Canyon. I am pretty sure this is the same guy. It got me to thinking, what if I just go dig a big cave in the mountain park somewhere and start living? How long would it take before someone noticed? Especially on the west side.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    The poor dude is living in a culvert off of the canal. I saw it the other day as I was riding over to Beverly Canyon. I am pretty sure this is the same guy. It got me to thinking, what if I just go dig a big cave in the mountain park somewhere and start living? How long would it take before someone noticed? Especially on the west side.

He scared the sh!t outta me on Friday night. I was coming around one of the blind corners towards the end of Javelina with just my bar light running and he was sitting in a bushy area. I didn't see him until he moved at which point I shrieked like a littke girl. The whole mountain was kinda spooky Friday night for some reason.

As to you question about living in a cave. When I was talking to some of the rangers last year they were telling me about a guy they had to remove from the mountain who was living in a cave up in the valley about halfway down Geronimo. He had been living there for a few months.

JohnniO
    Is it proper ettiquete to throw rocks at the homeless guy so he developes a healthy fear of the non-homeless? He may go after our small dogs otherwise.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Is it proper ettiquete to throw rocks at the homeless guy so he developes a healthy fear of the non-homeless? He may go after our small dogs otherwise.

The bigger question is who picks up his poop? He is poluting my drinking water!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    The bigger question is who picks up his poop? He is poluting my drinking water!!!!!
    Shoot, 13. I guess Iose .
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Members who have read this thread: 0