High Jinx and Cheezy Pleezerz (vid)- Mtbr.com
    Scott in Tucson

High Jinx and Cheezy Pleezerz (vid)

From yesterday's ride out at the 50 year trail with Sundog, Jose and Cesar.

Not in the vid, but I finally rode the two spine lines that I've passed on for.. years? A whole pile of new (to me) stuff, too. A good day.

Check the crested Saguaro in the background

Thanks for the tour, as usual, Louis.
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

caninus xerophilous
    That was some fun riding and sessioning.

Thanks for the crunchy video and pics!

Tucson, AZ
    Nice video, especially when Louis was doing the filming.

I need to get a bigger bike and some huevos some day.

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    Thanks for the crunchy video and pics!
    Crunchy? Now that you mention it, I think the aspect ratio got messed up somehow.
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Nice video, especially when Louis was doing the filming.
    It's a well known 90* Hollywood technique.

I need to get a bigger bike and some huevos some day.
    The Behemoth frame is waiting for you... (ditch the SS... ditch the SS...)

caninus xerophilous
    Quote Originally Posted by Krein
    Crunchy? Now that you mention it, I think the aspect ratio got messed up somehow.
    Crunchy in a sonic way if I must say so. Kind of cool, the wind the dirt crunching, the guttural gasp at the bottom of the steep.

Kathleen in AZ
    Crunchy in a sonic way if I must say so. Kind of cool, the wind the dirt crunching, the guttural gasp at the bottom of the steep.
    Fun little video... but if I were rolling/launching all those crunchy moves there'd be a whole lot more self-congratulatory whooping and hollering!

mtbr member
    Nice set of skills. Skills I wish I had.

caninus xerophilous

Hey Chad.

The Behemoth frame is waiting for you... (ditch the SS... ditch the SS...)

Watch Scott roll that steep while paying attention to his back wheel. That's some serious brake jack my friend.

That looks like almost a foot of unintentional nose wheelie. Thats prolly why Scott grunts at the bottom.

It's gott be the faux bar. Look at Jose rolling it on a horst.

Scott in Tucson

A stretch?

Watch Scott roll that steep while paying attention to his back wheel. That's some serious brake jack my friend.

That looks like almost a foot of unintentional nose wheelie. Thats prolly why Scott grunts at the bottom.

It's gott be the faux bar. Look at Jose rolling it on a horst.
    Couldn't possibly be (my lack of) skills related, or that Jose took the line that goes straight into the cholla...

Scott in Tucson
    Couldn't possibly be (my lack of) skills related, or that Jose took the line that goes straight into the cholla...
    After watching both in full res I'm entirely certain I just didn't have my weight back far enough, which is a common mistake of mine. Jose is WAY further back, and appropriately so with the little mini ledge that's in the middle of that steep. Can't read it as 'brake jack' at all, but thanks for pointing it out. Good to learn. Need to drop my saddle more, methinks.

Can you ride tomorrow PM?

caninus xerophilous
    After watching both in full res I'm entirely certain I just didn't have my weight back far enough, which is a common mistake of mine. Jose is WAY further back, and appropriately so with the little mini ledge that's in the middle of that steep. Can't read it as 'brake jack' at all, but thanks for pointing it out. Good to learn. Need to drop my saddle more, methinks.

Can you ride tomorrow PM?
    Come on out, if 3PM is good.

Kathleen in AZ
    Need to drop my saddle more, methinks.
    You need a drop seat post! I could not live without the Speedball on my Behemoth. Not sure what size seat tube you have on your 'moth but a Gravity Dropper or the like would be a great addition for all the up-down riding that we have here in AZ.

Scott in Tucson
    Come on out, if 3PM is good.
    Yup. I'll be out there an hour or so before that, but will do a midgate / cheezy loop or something while you're heading home. I'll have my cell and will give you a buzz. Probably meet at the spot you met Nate and crew on Sunday, 3ish.

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    You need a drop seat post! I could not live without the Speedball on my Behemoth. Not sure what size seat tube you have on your 'moth but a Gravity Dropper or the like would be a great addition for all the up-down riding that we have here in AZ.
    I think you are right. Mine is 27.2 so I think Gravity Dropper is my only option right now.

When I rode Mike's Lunchbox I quickly saw the benefit of the Speedball out on these trails. Sundog and crew don't seem to need this particular 'crutch', but I think they just keep their saddles low and suffer on the climbs.

I think your Behemoth wants to ride this stuff...

wretch
    I gotta get out there with you guys next time im down in the Tus. . .

Whats the white bike? Corsair? I thought it was the new SX for a second, but don't think so.

Looks like a lot of fun. Where abouts in the OP is 50 year, etc.?

Cheers

Powered by ice cream.
    I think you are right. Mine is 27.2 so I think Gravity Dropper is my only option right now.
    The GD will be fine despite Mike's misgivings. I greatly prefer them to his POS Speedball. Get the 4" drop.

Is that the med short CS Moth Mike tried to sell me a month or so ago? How you liking it compared to your old Moth?

Scott in Tucson

More Cheeziness

Louis and I rolled again yesterday. More new stuff for me, and plenty of practice on steeps. I rolled the 'unintentional nose wheelie' one again and managed to keep the rear tire on the ground and make the turn. Making the transition from steep up to steep down in 0.25 seconds is what caused my failure to get behind the saddle last time.

Stay with the vid for some bloopers and false starts at the end. There's some good clips in here.

Light was too good to not shoot a couple stills...

Unfortunately I'm going to be out of the freeridin' biz for a week or so while I get a new wheel laced:

Hello, Mike?

I've more than got my money's worth outta that rim, so I'm not too shocked.

Time to morph back to endurance rider.

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    I gotta get out there with you guys next time im down in the Tus. . .

Looks like a lot of fun. Where abouts in the OP is 50 year, etc.?
    50 year is by the town of Catalina, north of Tucson (off Oracle Road).

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    The GD will be fine despite Mike's misgivings. I greatly prefer them to his POS Speedball. Get the 4" drop.
    The only misgiving he cited was getting slammed by it shooting back up. Any comment on that?

Is that the med short CS Moth Mike tried to sell me a month or so ago? How you liking it compared to your old Moth?
    That's it. Well, the frame anyway.

As you can tell in the vids, short stays are overrated.

Enel, your Lenz bikes want to ride this stuff, too. I can hear them crying.