Freezer

High end bike rental in Sedona?

Hey brothers, looking for any recommendations for a bike shop in Sedona that rents high end bikes, ideally Pivot or Yeti. The backstory is that our family vacation to Hawaii next week may be impacted by the impending hurricane, so we're looking at potentially flexing to Sedona the week of Aug. 13. I'm motivated by the thought of a ride every morning before watching the kids a the pool all day, but would like to have some nice equipment to ride. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Over the Edge bike shop is really awesome, but not a Yeti dealer. They are an Evil, Intense, Santa Cruz dealer. They organize the Sedona Mtb Festival every year. Absolute bikes has Pivot. No experience with them though. As far as I know, Sonoran Cycles is the nearest Yeti dealer, but they are in north Phoenix. About 2 hours round trip. Call Over the Edge Sedona and they can really give you the best info. It is a stunning mtb destination. I've gone the last 3 years and it is a wonderland. I'm a little excited just talking about it. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Freezer
    ^^^^
    Awesome; thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mlloyd007 View Post
    ^^^^
    Awesome; thanks for the info!
    Trail Sports is a Yeti dealer in West Sedona and as stated Absolute is a Pivot dealer in the Village of Oak Creek. Fat Tire Bikes in Uptown Sedona is an Ibis dealer, but only does rental by prior reservation over the phone. The distance between the different shops is over ten miles.

Freezer
    I ended up demoing an Evil Following from Over the Edge and had an amazing time on the bike and on the trails. The guys at Over the Edge were super helpful and really nice, and the bike blew me away with it's ability to handle technical terrain. I did a couple of loops in west Sedona, and a big loop around East/South Sedona. The terrain and trails are stunning, and the family loved staying at the Enchantment Resort. We're definitely coming back!

High end bike rental in Sedona?-4df922fc-de22-4fbf-879c-3eb2edb88652.jpg

High end bike rental in Sedona?-gptempdownload-2.jpg

High end bike rental in Sedona?-gptempdownload-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I ended up demoing an Evil Following from Over the Edge and had an amazing time on the bike and on the trails. The guys at Over the Edge were super helpful and really nice, and the bike blew me away with it's ability to handle technical terrain. I did a couple of loops in west Sedona, and a big loop around East/South Sedona. The terrain and trails are stunning, and the family loved staying at the Enchantment Resort. We're definitely coming back!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DF922FC-DE22-4FBF-879C-3EB2EDB88652.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	1212870

Name:	GPTempDownload-2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	1212871

Name:	GPTempDownload-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	1212872
    ml good to hear your trip went well. Sounds like you got good advice on trails to ride. Enchantment is a great starting point for the West Sedona Dry Creek trail System. The guys that work there know the whole trail system so they can give great advice.

I think you lucked out with some nice weather also. Maybe when you come back we will have a bunch of new trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Funny I too stayed at Enchantment and loved it. I also rented from Over The Edge and they were awesome! Just so you know, MiAmo the spa next door rents Pivots. Found out to late would’ve been nice to not have to pack the bike up.

Freezer
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Funny I too stayed at Enchantment and loved it. I also rented from Over The Edge and they were awesome! Just so you know, MiAmo the spa next door rents Pivots. Found out to late would’ve been nice to not have to pack the bike up.
    Yeah, MiAmo has a Mach 6 and some hardtail Konas. My wife and the kids loved the pool at Enchantment, which enabled me to bike in the mornings guilt free. Win/win!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Yeah, MiAmo has a Mach 6 and some hardtail Konas. My wife and the kids loved the pool at Enchantment, which enabled me to bike in the mornings guilt free. Win/win!!
    ml if you do visit Enchantment again they may have a new mountain bike skills park constructed by then. It is still in the planning stages, but the guys running the mountain bike operation are trying to get management to allow them to construct a skills park.

Now that they have high end bike rentals they want to step up their mountain bike program to be able to offer their guests some additional benefits to improve their vacation experience.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay there, I know they try hard to provide an overall great experience.