bland

Hey pinkbike, you're riding the wrong way!

From a recent bike review:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey pinkbike, you're riding the wrong way!-p4pb10631353.jpg  

Hey pinkbike, you're riding the wrong way!-p4pb10631356.jpg  

Meatbomb
    I don't get it... he grunted up and then rode down.. whats wrong?

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    The first picture is of him riding up a "downhill" trail in Sedona. He is in the exact spot you would land if you went off of the drop to the upper right of him. The second picture is him not hitting the drop.
    Last edited by m77ranger; 04-01-2014 at 08:59 PM.

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    The first picture is of him riding up a "downhill" trail in Sedona. He is in the exact spot you would land if you went off of the drop to the upper left of him. The second picture is him not hitting the drop.
    to concerned with testing the latest 650B size ride to read the sign stating downhill traffic only on pigs tail
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    The first picture is of him riding up a "downhill" trail in Sedona. He is in the exact spot you would land if you went off of the drop to the upper left of him. The second picture is him not hitting the drop.
    Well then it's a dud.

I want to see a picture of what happens when he's riding up that downhill run right when a downhiller comes flying off that lip.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Give it a crank
    That could surely build an audience for http://forums.mtbr.com/arizona/bickp...ow-906397.html.

mtbr member
    Pinkbike is rad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey pinkbike, you're riding the wrong way!-pigtail.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    he should have shuttled

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The first picture is of him riding up a "downhill" trail in Sedona. He is in the exact spot you would land if you went off of the drop to the upper right of him. The second picture is him not hitting the drop.
    Wonder if they closed part of the trail for the shoot. Saves them having to wait for people to clear before they can get shots, and/or edit things out.

John

SamuraiBunnyGuy

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    polka polka polka

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Pinkbike is rad.
    i think you mean RAD.

How much further ???
    Sedona is such a stressful place to ride. I hope I didnt ride the wrong way on some trail last week during the AES SBFL. I did run into our friendly self appointed ambassador during the ride who said that I must be from out of town because no one would go up the crappy trail we were about to go up. Didn't know there were so many rules on how to ride my bike.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Sedona is such a stressful place to ride. I hope I didnt ride the wrong way on some trail last week during the AES SBFL. I did run into our friendly self appointed ambassador during the ride who said that I must be from out of town because no one would go up the crappy trail we were about to go up. Didn't know there were so many rules on how to ride my bike.
    He was just concerned about your user experience. Not that it mattered to you but he was probably right.

mtbr member
    I did run into our friendly self appointed ambassador during the ride who said that I must be from out of town because no one would go up the crappy trail we were about to go up. Didn't know there were so many rules on how to ride my bike.
    This is why they need giant pink direction arrows painted on the slickrock.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

How much further ???
    How could he be right? It is my user experience to be had and I had a great time. So I would say he was 100% wrong.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

bland
    How could he be right? It is my user experience to be had and I had a great time. So I would say he was 100% wrong.
    You like riding up crappy trails? Yeah, you're from out of town.

How much further ???
    Wow I guess everyone around here knows how I'm supposed to ride better than me. Define crappy trail? Not groomed and manicured? Yes if that crappy trail is part of the larger picture of completing the 50 mile Sedona Big Friggin Loop than Yes that is exactly the trail and the user experience I want to have.

bland
    Wow I guess everyone around here knows how I'm supposed to ride better than me. Define crappy trail? Not groomed and manicured? Yes if that crappy trail is part of the larger picture of completing the 50 mile Sedona Big Friggin Loop than Yes that is exactly the trail and the user experience I want to have.
    You are 100% correct 78% of the time. Ride with us and get in the club. You will be a true shredder.

mtbr member
    Exactly. So, it didn't matter to you. I'm curious, however, the name of the crappy trail you were climbing when he ran into you?

How much further ???
    No it doesn't matter to me. But your comment that he was right would only be true if the user experience I was seeking was the same as his. And my point is, it wasn't. Regardless you asked where I ran into him.

Forgive me if I get this wrong because I was just following my GPS the entire time and really never paid attention to the trail names. Looking at a trail map online and comparing to the AES route my guess is it was at the intersection of Grinder and Rupp. We were heading up Rupp (aka crappy trail) to Cockscomb to Aerie and Mescal.

mtbr member
    No it doesn't matter to me. But your comment that he was right would only be true if the user experience I was seeking was the same as his. And my point is, it wasn't. Regardless you asked where I ran into him.

Forgive me if I get this wrong because I was just following my GPS the entire time and really never paid attention to the trail names. Looking at a trail map online and comparing to the AES route my guess is it was at the intersection of Grinder and Rupp. We were heading up Rupp (aka crappy trail) to Cockscomb to Aerie and Mescal.
    Well, he was right. Rupp is a crappy trail. It's really an old jeep road. But as a connector to get to Aerie (which he helped route and build) it served the purpose. That's sort of his deal. He's genuinely concerned about your user-experience whether you wanted it or not. Or, he would not have built Aerie.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I did run into our friendly self appointed ambassador ...
    Who's that? Does he wear a sign? How do I lookout for him?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    Who's that? Does he wear a sign? How do I lookout for him?
    He should be carrying some tools and have a "who, me?" look on his face.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 04-02-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    He should be carrying some tools and have a "who, me?" look on his face.
    I'll be on the lookout then.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No it doesn't matter to me. But your comment that he was right would only be true if the user experience I was seeking was the same as his.
    You are not looking for the same user experience, being from out of town, you need to get home within a reasonable time frame.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So does everything related to Sedona have to involve arguments?

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    So does everything related to Sedona have to involve arguments?
    Yes! I mean No! i uh SHUT UP!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Who laid out those rocks so nicely?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Who laid out those rocks so nicely?
    I believe Canadianbacon was behind the one-way flow trail concept and layout and BikeDoc did much of the heavy lifting.

The original name was Szechuan Chicken.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Trail is getting good, still some lips need adjustment I think to be super dialed. The first section is $!