Hey, that was fun, how about a ride post . . .- Mtbr.com
    Beyond the stars

Hey, that was fun, how about a ride post . . .

Here is my "lite" ride from Sun. ride on DC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beyond the stars
    What, nobody wants to post a picture of their bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

no camera

but i can tell y'all i had a good ride on T100, accessed by 40th st. i rode west for a while, got on a no name trail that goes up, up, up. the rain washed out parts of it which made it interesting. i climbed up a switchback to a saddle, one side was DD park and 51, the other way looking east towards the 40th st. trailhead.

after that i headed east and rode down to Tatum, turned around and went back up. after that i just noodled around on T100, wanted to ride a few more miles but all of a sudden i was hungry, even though i drank a bottle of gatorade. usually that is enough, but not today.

i still feel good, ya know what i mean?

Rita

I just got goth served!

Upset What kinda sack of crap are you?

Quote Originally Posted by DJBiker
    Here is my "lite" ride from Sun. ride on DC
    You come in here on your high horse and get everybody riled up, and then you post this "ride" drivel, like nothing happened? What kind of messed up bait and switch is this crap? I supposed noone would give a crap about your idiotic picture of your idiotic bike on the stupidest, lamest trail in all of Arizona, so you figured you drag everybody down to your level, and start some crappy flame fest about trail etiquette. OK, so you got our attention, and now all you can do is post this crappy picture? What a stinkin' poo-eating butt monkey! How dare you!

You know, the Arizona board was getting along just fine before you showed, up, and will do quite fine once you drag you sorry arse outta here, mister "I ride desert classic on my spiffy specialized, and will elbow you if you look at me funny!". Jerk. This picture has got to be the suckiest suck that ever did suck!

You are a festering boil on the arse of Arizona! You are the stain on my chamois! You are fingernails on the chalkboard of my life!

OK, if you're still reading, I really am just kidding. As I so often say, I think I'm funny, even if I know I'm not. I really wanted to just find a use for the phrase,"poo-eating butt monkey". Thanks. I've never been in a real flame war before, and thought it might be kinda fun!

Here let me make it up by posting one of my favorite ride shots, taken by az mikey!

Seriously, you should drag your big bike down to globe in two weeks, and join us for a hell of weekend of riding.

brian<----what an arse
    insert witty comment here

Beyond the stars
    Nice . . .

your um, nite shot is a great photo

your comments, well gee that's real funny, I bet you are a riot at parties (what I mean by that is that an actual RIOT breaks out 'cause of the stuff you say)

Beyond the stars

Oh, by the way, you gotta watch posting images . . .

wider than say 750 pixels.

I noticed that when I posted my bike photo at 800 pix it cuts off the pic and there is no "Reply" button

Also make sure your wife don't cut you off when she is taking the pic

Here is a good example . . .

Beyond the stars
    Hum, 750 is still to wide, I'll try 700 for the next one

XC Geek
    Hey, you are the mild mannered guy I rode with at DC.
    Nice rant SS, you know how to pile on the poo-eating monkey butts.
    Oh, here's a crapy bike shot,
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer
    You come in here on your high horse and get everybody riled up, and then you post this "ride" drivel, like nothing happened? What kind of messed up bait and switch is this crap? I supposed noone would give a crap about your idiotic picture of your idiotic bike on the stupidest, lamest trail in all of Arizona, so you figured you drag everybody down to your level, and start some crappy flame fest about trail etiquette. OK, so you got our attention, and now all you can do is post this crappy picture? What a stinkin' poo-eating butt monkey! How dare you!

You know, the Arizona board was getting along just fine before you showed, up, and will do quite fine once you drag you sorry arse outta here, mister "I ride desert classic on my spiffy specialized, and will elbow you if you look at me funny!". Jerk. This picture has got to be the suckiest suck that ever did suck!

You are a festering boil on the arse of Arizona! You are the stain on my chamois! You are fingernails on the chalkboard of my life!
    Hear, hear! *applause*

OK, if you're still reading, I really am just kidding.
    Or as Al Franken would say, kidding on the square. ;-)

So...DJ. Seriously. Go check out the invite to my Globe weekend. No hikers, no trail conflicts to harsh your mellow...although the really fast guys may in fact blow past you, and they'll laugh and laugh and laugh when you get all flustered because you will have no sympathy. I say this only because the cool kids all laugh at me, too, when they blow past me and I get flustered and they give me no sympathy.

Cool night pic, bri.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Here's a subpar pic of my baby

Beyond the stars

There ain't nothing sub par about a bullit . . .

except that maybe it's not Scuba Yellow?

Nice ride!

Beyond the stars
    Come on now guys, keep the treads/post in the correct place (my OCD is showing) this post is happy, smilie, fun loving, just nice pictures of our cool rides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

My Titus

Crappy picture of the beast when it was new:

and of me standing at the top of Schnebly hill:

Beyond the stars
    That's Nice, real nice . . .

That's what I like to see everyone just posting cool pic's of their rides and stuff, no stress, no worries, just . . .

Shinnie Happy People!

Beyond the stars

As far as the Globe thing, some info . . .

Paul, just so you know and in the context of the "Other" posts,

I am not a very good Technical rider, either uphill, or down, sketchy sections, I'll walk

I'm old, (not really, but I know it hurts when I fall down) I shattered my collarbone in Sedona, and I have the surgey skars to prove it, and a bunch of metal bits inside me.

If there is an "easy" line, I'll take it just 'cause I ain't that good

The two times I tried to ride National, I got borred 'cause I was walking more than riding, and I was trying to go up, so ride up road, trail splits, go right, carry bike up rocks, ride 50 yrds, carry bike up over rocks, ride 20 ft, carry bike, walk, ride, carry bike, walk, well you get the idea. . . .

Hell, I haven't even figured out clipless pedals, I fell on my a$$ a few times and just gave up.

Also, I ride in the "C" group, mostly for pace, I guess I just a fat slob, 'cause I can't keep up with you guys, maybe on some downhill sections my big fat body has a momentum advantage, but mostly I'm slow and conservitive. Especially on trails I have never been on.

So, should I still show up for the Globe ride, yea maybe?? Would I have fun, maybe?

Are there going to be any "weenies" like me to ride with might not be?

How do you get there? How far is it? What is the weather like for camping? how much does camping cost?

Thanks for the info

Saucy Size
    Paul, just so you know and in the context of the "Other" posts...
    SNIP!

Okay, I think there are opportunities for most riders to have fun. That said, the trails are generally really hard. We had one bad experience with a newbie rider last year -- a good friend of mine brought his wife, who'd only been on a bike twice, and she was so scared about 100 yards into her first ride that they ended up walking back to the top and riding the road down. They didn't tell us, so one group (my group) ended up waiting and waiting and waiting for them to show, which they didn't. It was scary and bad all around.

There might be some slower riders, but honestly I can't say anyone who's RSVPed is in the "weenie" category. The fun you have is really up to you and your attitude.

Camping is free. It's just open camping in national forest. No facilities...although there ARE nicer campsites up higher on the mountain with facilities, which I might consider going to this year (last year the top of the mountain was closed for de-treeing).

Globe is east of the Valley a little more than an hour on the US60. Pinal Mountain is southwest of town, with lots of brown USFS signs pointing to the rec area on top. Weather is pretty damned cold at the top at night, and potentially pretty damned hot at the bottom in the day.

Morning staging area -- if you're not camping -- is on Six Shooter Road en route to the Globe Ranger Station. Look for the massive crowd of trucks and trailers and bikes.

I'm going to sound like a complete butt but I'm going to say it anyway: Based on your self-description, I now understand why you get so riled about rude riders on DC. As you ride more and get stronger and more skilled, I think you're going to worry less about the way things "should" be and enjoy the way things actually are. Your attitude is actually pretty consistent with other new riders. A day in Globe will expose you to a very skilled and varied group of riders, and will probably be quite educational for you.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

caninus xerophilous

Boy some of you Phonecians are wound up!

Too much adrenalin from riding SoMo every darn day?

I decided to install my Sparticus Chariot Racing hubs on my bike today incase you sickos start any funny business on the trails up in Globe.

Louis

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    except that maybe it's not Scuba Yellow?

Nice ride!
    The bikes not subpar, she is my baby. Its the pic that is sub par as in it doesn't do her justice.

mtbr member

"Weenie" rides at Globe

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    SNIP!

There might be some slower riders, but honestly I can't say anyone who's RSVPed is in the "weenie" category. The fun you have is really up to you and your attitude.

Actually there will be a "weenie" there...or at least someone who's ridden a sum-total of 6 miles of dirt since last October. (Who in the world would that be?!?!) I plan to drive the shuttle for the first run, and then ride up the road as far as I care, and ride back down. I'm going out there more for the social aspects of the weekend than for the riding athestics.

Another possibility that I'm considering, and would be willing to "lead" (if one can lead from the back of the group) is Kelner to the picnic grounds, and skipping CheckDams (sorry, however much I love CheckDams, I need to work back up to that). Kelner's a kick, and at the pace I'd ride it at, most folks that are comfortable riding DC should be OK on it.

I'm also game to hike some of those trails....if people are coming that aren't into the MTBing scene.

So, DJ, if you are game for riding with a lame-oid (as in someone that's in the midst of what seems to be interminable foot surgeries), go ahead and show up.

Beyond the stars

Ok, how is this one?

My "Big" bike, not so big but much more difficult to climb on than my "lite" bike, single pivot, go figure

Beyond the stars

I may just do that . . .

My pace tends to be slow and slower, but it might be fun to see if we can find parts of the trail to ride, I'll talk to my travel coordinator (wife) and see if we can make a day or so of it.

Fragile - must be Italian

My NRS

Here's my current main squeeze -- a 2003 Giant NRS Air that I built up myself. Within the first month about 50% of the parts fell off or loosened up, but I think that's all behind me now. Except my handlebars came loose at the last MBAA race

This shot was taken in December when the bike was purdy and new. It doesn't even look the same anymore. A 24-hour race, MBAA race, and hundreds of miles of training have taken some of the shine off the paint.

Thx...Doug

Fragile - must be Italian

My Beater

And here's a picture of my "beater" -- my crusty old '97 Trek 8000 hardtail that I will never sell. It's seen more miles, abuse, and fun than anything else I own (including the wife ).

This photo was taken prior to a few nice upgrades that I put on last week: Noleen Mega Air fork (to replace the tired old Manitou SX), new SRAM cassette (8-speed of course), and Huthinson Python Gold Elite tires (to replace those crappy Bontragers). Now the bike rides like a completely different animal.

Thx...Doug

Steep Hill

Liquid 30

This is what how photos look when my mother-in-law is shooting.

Pictured is my second Liquid30. The good news is my frame always looks new because it is almost always new!
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **

Steep Hill

Liquid 30

my bike..
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **