Glutton for punishment

Here's one for big0mike [vid]

Here's me on that same switchback you were sessioning. This is my second try.

Just when I thought I had it....

from aznowacki on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    This is awesome!!!!

mtbr member
    too funny! so glad that was on video!
    b

"No Clue Crew"
    Hilarious!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    awwww man, bummer.

Big B's Trails
    good job...technicals bite
    I dig dirt!

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Killer vid!

No Clue Crew
    Fing AWESOME! Thinking about going tubeless now?

Glutton for punishment
    No tubeless. That rock punctured a 1/4" hole right through the center of the tire. No pinch flat there. I'm pretty sure tubeless would not have made a difference.

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN
    No tubeless. That rock punctured a 1/4" hole right through the center of the tire. No pinch flat there. I'm pretty sure tubeless would not have made a difference.
    Ya...that was one of those classic PMP knife rocks Scott landed on. The tire was ripped wide open. Stans would have done no good whatsoever.

Unfortunately the only cure for PMP tire punctures is either 2-ply rubber of a pocket full of patches. PMP is the *worst* terrain on tires.

Thx...Doug

poser Administrator
    not sure if it will fit but a WTB dissent is the strongest tire going for arizona riding. Boundless grip, thick casing and heavy as all get out but man it is an amazing tire.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN
    Ah, that really stinks. From the video I couldn't tell what really happened other than the sound no one wants to hear. Were you able to fix it for the ride back to the lot at least?

Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    not sure if it will fit but a WTB dissent is the strongest tire going for arizona riding. Boundless grip, thick casing and heavy as all get out but man it is an amazing tire.
    Glad to hear others like it. I got a smokin' deal on Chainlove for the Dissent Team DH and picked up a couple Prowler Team DH for the front. They are nearly twice the weight of most other tires but you'd have to be a very good, experienced rider to tell the difference. And I'm neither. I've been liking them so far. I know I still have more air in them than I need but I'm slowly dropping the pressure each ride. I've heard some reports about how wide tires, 2.5 in this case, on narrow rims, I'm guessing in the 19mm neigborhood, start to feel squishy as you lower the pressure so I've been going slow.

I'm definitely gonna have to get out there and try it much slower. Unfortunately, slow usually means I fall over...

The good thing I'm seeing is now I know I can post videos of my failing obstacles and people will post their own showing me how to do it

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    Any chance you know if the 29er version of this tire will mount tubeless to Stans Flows?

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Any chance you know if the 29er version of this tire will mount tubeless to Stans Flows?
    I have them mounted to Stans MTX 33 ghetto tubeless and I suspect they would go to Stans flows with just yellow tape. The only problem I have had with them is that the sidewall is so stiff, coupled with the wire bead that they will burp occasionally on torque-y situations, like rocky switchbacks while climbing or sharp turns that require nose wheelie type actions while descending.

Otherwise they are truly epic and seem to be wearing quite well on my rigid SS bike here in tucson.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Members who have read this thread: 0