here, ride my bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

here, ride my bike

So a good friend of mine wanted to try my bike, I rode his 27.5+ bike and after a minute of riding tame trail a rim strike occurred thru his tire and I told him. He said he runs his tires even softer in the past, I feel absolutely terrible and don't know how to handle it. It holds air fine and no wobble, but do I replace it under I was riding it it's my fault and be buds for life, or do I ignore it happened and just go about it without fault. He seems unaffected by the incident but I feel responsible. Stupid plus tires....
    WTB Scraper wheels by the way, botu 140$ to replace.

MEGALOMANIAC
    I would replace it if it was me in your shoes.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    So you cracked the rim?

At a minimum I'd pay half depending on how new they were. A friendship is worth FAR more than $140 to me
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    no crack, just a dent on the rim of the rim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driverfound337 View Post
    no crack, just a dent on the rim of the rim
    Oh.
    Just bend it back with a crescent wrench & buy him a 6 pack. I don't see that as big deal whatsoever.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It's really on him to have helped you with the right pressure for your weight and the terrain. Maybe he didn't have a pump so he knew what was coming. When he said he's run even less pressure I'd take that to mean he's dealt with and straightened the rim before and isn't concerned. Maybe he'll handle it when he next needs to add Stan's. Forget it.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    He asked to ride your bike. You were not looking to be on the bike that was running low pressure. Also, is he even going to do anything about the tweak that has no real affect no the bike? Last, he does not seem to care because he realizes it is on him.

I would do nothing. Everyone is different though. Maybe ask him again and talk about how bad you feel.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Just do the right thing and buy him a new set of wheels, and upgrade while your at it. If it was my bike I'd like these.
    ENVE M70 Thirty 27.5" Wheelset > Components > Wheels > Mountain Wheels | Jenson USA
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Best buds always do shit to eachother that end up costing the other time, money or consternation. Thats whats great about being buds, its easy to fix. Buy him a tire, or over to buy a rim, or fix it-his choice. Buy all the beer for the next fedw rides, offer to drive too and enjoy your friendship. He sounds like he is being cool about it, so be open and let him know you don't want to take advantage. He probably feels badly that he even expects anyting from you. Thats all the Dr. Phil I have.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Elitest thrill junkie
    Choose to live.

Choose 30psi.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    If you were my friend I wouldn't let you pay and I would gain more enjoyment in giving you shit for a long while about being a fatass and breaking my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Good friend and you need to ask the internet instead of him? Pffffrrrt.....seems bikepack.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.