parenting for gnarness

Here Comes Another Song About Mexico

YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

pedaller
    I was expecting a swine flu parody...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Officially jealous since we're skipping the annual May trip down there this year . Thankfully, I was able to get down there last month, but boy was the place dead.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    Cedo

im4Gsus
    no chupacabra sighting?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Officially jealous since we're skipping the annual May trip down there this year . Thankfully, I was able to get down there last month, but boy was the place dead.
    rentals are sucking, but we're trying to get down there a lot its the best season to be there. Parking at Old Town and traffic was easy. The beach vendors are getting pushier they are feeling the pinch too. But most of the other people on the beach (mexicans and americans) are super nice cause its so quiet and uncrowded.

Meatbomb
    Any increase in violence in the area from Cartel wars ? I would think not but was discussing an up coming trip down with friends and we decided to skip our typical stop at Vasquez in Sonoita for Tacos ( that little trailer out front puts out the best chihuahua tacos south of the border) and instead just move on through town and get lunch in RP.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    Any increase in violence in the area from Cartel wars ? I would think not but was discussing an up coming trip down with friends and we decided to skip our typical stop at Vasquez in Sonoita for Tacos ( that little trailer out front puts out the best chihuahua tacos south of the border) and instead just move on through town and get lunch in RP.
    I have never seen any problems in 4 years\20+ trips, and absolutely no more cops etc lately. Border crossing in both directions last week was easy like usual.

Where is this taco stand, would love to know! I will give you one back - on Benito Juarez right around the giant green sign (might be before or after, but its real close) you will see 2 large outdoor patios with grass roofs and sandy lots, on the west side of the road - the bbq chicken place is awesome. $10 will feed 4 people.

Meatbomb
    About a mile south of the border as you're working your way through town you come to that funky intersection with Highway 2D and make a left.... a couple hundred yard further you make that big sweeping right hand curve onto Mex8. Right in front of you as you make the curve you see Vasqueze Liquors and Curios. There is a small trailer in the right end of the parking lot in front of the torta shop... Listen for the guy yelling "Tacos how many Tacos"

I've enjoyed the bbq chicken you speak of..

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    About a mile south of the border as you're working your way through town you come to that funky intersection with Highway 2D and make a left.... a couple hundred yard further you make that big sweeping right hand curve onto Mex8. Right in front of you as you make the curve you see Vasqueze Liquors and Curios. There is a small trailer in the right end of the parking lot in front of the torta shop... Listen for the guy yelling "Tacos how many Tacos"

I've enjoyed the bbq chicken you speak of..
    there is a shortcut through the 'hood that avoids the big right turn and saves a few minutes driving through town. such a dilemna you have given me...

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    I have never seen any problems in 4 years\20+ trips, and absolutely no more cops etc lately. Border crossing in both directions last week was easy like usual.
    Yeah...just you wait. Keep riding that pimped out Kona up and down the beach and you're bound to become a target. I hear they're using bikes now to smuggle illegals across the border. Unfortunately they have to chop them up to fit them inside the frame tubing...so the success rate hasn't been so good. But where there's money...there's a way.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was at CEDO a couple months ago, they are missing a sea lion. The one left seemed a little lonely, so I bought him some comfort food. Cool pics BTW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    there is a shortcut through the 'hood that avoids the big right turn and saves a few minutes driving through town. such a dilemna you have given me...
    The liquor store he is talking about has, I believe, over 900 different types of tequilla, if that helps at all.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Members who have read this thread: 0