headset remover/press- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Too many Sedonuts...
    Reputation: CactusJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,512

    headset remover/press

    anybody have a headset remover/press I could use?
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cstem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,851
    If you do not find one, I seem to remeber some threads on here a while back that showed how to make them. I use a section of broom handle to knock the cups out and made my press with two blocks of wood, threaded rod (3/8") and some fender washers and nuts. Had the wood and bought the rest at Ace Hardware for like $4. When I use it/build it again I am gonna use an old cutting board made from that white plastic instead of wood and keep it.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

  3. #3
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    anybody have a headset remover/press I could use?

    DurtGurl just offered to let me use her Press at her house. She lives out in Auatukee, so if you are near by go and PM her if you could use it. She should be ok with that since she has offered before.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

  4. #4
    i like cheese.
    Reputation: bike=good's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    546
    Homemade... via ACE. lemme know if you want the details to make your very own.

  5. #5
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    DurtGurl just offered to let me use her Press at her house. She lives out in Auatukee, so if you are near by go and PM her if you could use it. She should be ok with that since she has offered before.
    If this weekend is rainy as predicted I will likely be shuffling around the house doing home chores and wrenching on bikes. CJ - you are welcome to come on over for headset swapping. I have all the tools (real Park tools) to make the job easy. I'm just west of the Elliot/Warner loop. Or, come over for ThNR tonight! FIP 6:45ish. PM for directions.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lukeduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    224

    i have the tools

    i am in the se valley you are welcome to use them anytime. i have the park headset remover and press. i am near power rd and queen creek.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529

    Linky linky

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1190007

    I'm actually using an old 27.2 seatpost for the cup remover, and my installer is basically what you see there, except I got fancy with the MIG welder and made some handles for it. Works as well as the Park tool, it just takes a bit longer to set up on the headtube.

    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    anybody have a headset remover/press I could use?

  8. #8
    Not a Barry supporter.
    Reputation: Crash_FLMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,884
    Rubber mallet works great.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    I used that method for year, except I just used a small 2lb hammer with a couple blocks of wood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    Rubber mallet works great.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A.P.B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    347
    I also have one Dobson And Guadalupe area Ill be around pretty much the whole weekend or later on Friday night.
    JRA

  11. #11
    Too many Sedonuts...
    Reputation: CactusJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks durtgurl for the hookup. The ride looks nice and blingy now with that matching gold headset.

    For the record I owe you some Hoe..
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

  12. #12
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    Thanks durtgurl for the hookup. The ride looks nice and blingy now with that matching gold headset.

    For the record I owe you some Hoe..
    Having the right tools makes the job so easy. Glad to be of help!

  13. #13
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I still think it would be helpful to have a group wrench day every now and then. Would be a good way to put names to faces. Those willing to offer knowledge to those starting out or needing advice on something. Surely would be appreciated by most!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  14. #14
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I still think it would be helpful to have a group wrench day every now and then. Would be a good way to put names to faces. Those willing to offer knowledge to those starting out or needing advice on something. Surely would be appreciated by most!
    Maybe I can host a garage party where ya'll come over and watch me build my new Behemoth when it arrives. Of course, if it arrives on a work day I probably won't be able to help myself and will have it all together before I even make dinner that night .

    Thanks to TBR who dropped off his barely used WB135 this weekend, I now have all the parts except for frame. As I was bouncing down Corona Loma on Sunday with my arms firing in pain, I was dreaming of what the trail will feel like on my new 29er with 5" FS squish and my first hydraulic brakes. Ooooeeee, I can't wait! Frame was at the powder coater last week so I'm crossing my fingers that Devin will ship it any day now.

  15. #15
    Too many Sedonuts...
    Reputation: CactusJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Maybe I can host a garage party where ya'll come over and watch me build my new Behemoth when it arrives. Of course, if it arrives on a work day I probably won't be able to help myself and will have it all together before I even make dinner that night .

    Thanks to TBR who dropped off his barely used WB135 this weekend, I now have all the parts except for frame. As I was bouncing down Corona Loma on Sunday with my arms firing in pain, I was dreaming of what the trail will feel like on my new 29er with 5" FS squish and my first hydraulic brakes. Ooooeeee, I can't wait! Frame was at the powder coater last week so I'm crossing my fingers that Devin will ship it any day now.
    I'd be down for that. Would give me an chance to drop off the Hoe I owe you, which I could then sit in the hot tub and drink for you.

    Here's my vote ->
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

  16. #16
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I need to un-lace a couple hubs. Anyone have one of the spinner tools that removes nipples from the outside of the rim. Seen the LBS use this tool a couple times.

    Hot tub, all I got to do was pet one dog. The other kept watching that TBR fellow closely!!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.