Headlight recomendation for mtbrs- Mtbr.com
    sandbagger

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Headlight recomendation for mtbrs

just thought i would share a good purchase. I bought this light over a year ago and have used it for camping riding my dirtbike in the sand dunes and mtb. i paid around 320 for it and its from trail tech. takes about 4 hours to charge and it lasts 4 hours. It is 1800 lum and brighter than our car headlights.

some people post questions and thought i would share buy as i have not had any problems with this light for over a year and its been abused. here are some pics of how it looks.

oh also my friend bought the same one for dirtbike riding the same day i did and he also has not had one issue.

Oh and dont be jealous of the headset skull that Fish sold me

V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

sandbagger
    bump
    Last edited by airmiller44; 08-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    It's $380 on the Trail Tech web page now, but does look pretty nice. Any idea how long the bulb is supposed to last and what it costs to replace?

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom93R1
    It's $380 on the Trail Tech web page now, but does look pretty nice. Any idea how long the bulb is supposed to last and what it costs to replace?
    that i havent looked into i run it for more than 4 hours on one charge. ive used this thing for over a year for more than just cycling. id say i have at least 300-400 hrs on it. i dont think the website has that listing.

yeah the website sells for 380 from trailtech but vendors seem to have better prices. i paid 300 plus shipping.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You using just that bar mount and no helmet light?

mtbr member
    ...careful, you almost set that poor girl's hair on fire witht that thing.

sandbagger
    [QUOTE=Leethal]You using just that bar mount and no helmet light?[/QUOTE

I use the bar mount most the time but have a helmet mount on both my downhill helmet and lid. I feel like when its on the lid i dont watch my front tire. when on the handlebars it lights up front tire and ground right in front of it and is still super bright in front of me. I switch between the two depending on what im doing.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    oh yeah , i did break the handlebar mount so ive been usuing it on my lid lately. i can purchase another handlebar mount but just havent.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    These are nice lights that are bright... however very bulky and heavy compared to the new bike specific leds. Also, the mounting system is not the best, and if you have the 30W version (which is the "claimed" 1800 lumen one)... those suckers get HOT... you can melt the paint off the walls with it!!! Here is a thread with some beamshots and someones overall opinion on the light. He really liked it but had some things to say about the mounting and stuff...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=234429

Also, I would recommend NOT getting an HID light... if the bulb burns out... 90 bucks to replace. The new led lights have really surpassed the HID's in everyway over the past couple of years.... lighter, brighter, longer burn times, smaller batteries, more durable... all that fun stuff!!!

But... this light will scorch the retinas of anyone within a 100 yards.... which is cool!!!

sandbagger
    yeah it does get really hot, but i dont really touch it until end of ride. and weight didnt matter to me at all as i really purchased it for my honda crf450r to ride in the dunes since they dont have a stator to make power for a light. i bought it cuz it was durable and bright as hell. Also use it on my Mini sand rail. just was a plus i could use it on my bike. But once again im not worried about weight at all. I carry a small toolkit a 2 liter camelback a shock pump and tirepump all int a snowboarding burton backpack that is large. oh yeah and i carry another seat on the back of my backpack just in case i want a shorter/taller post.

plus my bike is over 40lbs if i was worried about weight i would do some situps and lose 15 pounds before i worried about accessories on the bike lmao
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0