Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45- Mtbr.com
    Addicted to 2 wheels

Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45

Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45.

Expect around 9 miles, 800 feet of climbing and 4-5 test sections. I have a surprise test section planned that will throw you a curve. There will be a chug challenge for a beer or a soda for those that do not drink.

Will hang in the backyard after and tally results. I will grill some hot dogs, but please feel free to bring some food and some BEVERAGES. Might try to get a beer sponsor???

Mullighans @ 30 seconds each
    Tell a joke and people laugh
    Trail stoke - you did something good for someone or the group, helped w mechanicals, lent someone extra lights, first aid, ...
    Pick up trash
    Attended the most Beerduros
    Style - Best threads, bike, light show, costume, ... (costumes get 60 seconds)
    Brought someone to their first Beerduro
    10 seconds per beer packed on to trail.

Post up if you can make it, or have something to entertaining to share, or have questions. Best post gets a 30 second Mulligan! I will also send you the address.

What is this?
    Beerduro is about fun group mountain bike rides with a little grass roots racing and beer drinking.

A member of the community will host an event in their local area. There will be 3-9 timed segments that are usually downhill in nature, but they do not have to be. Mulligahns are encouraged to add to the fun and even the playing field (30 seconds time benefit for things like (picked up trash, trail stoke, costume, oldest bike, ...). A timed beer chug is usually part of the format and your time is multiplied by 10. Cumulative scores is added up at the end and we all win.

Some type of creative, often tacky award is given to the top time. There are no real rules or leadership in this group. Just some rough guidelines. Events are always no charge,but folks sometimes donate.

Goals are: Good times, bring the community together, fun low stress time trials, checking out new riding areas, and good times.

Do you have to drink? No and no!
    Do you have to be timed? No
    Is it fun? Yes and yes

mtbr member
    I am putting on my calendar. - I have best post because I am the first to post! First place aleast for now.....
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Meatbomb
    When I find a job the first thing I'm going to do is buy lights so I can start attending these.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    When I find a job the first thing I'm going to do is buy lights so I can start attending these.
    Come unemployed and borrow my extra set of lights.

How about a mulligan for each dent on your frame & blow-torching scars!!
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    I'm in.
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Folks will earn a 30 second Mulligan if they lend you lights. Who will lend Phibo some lights?

You are an MTBR OG. Would be cool to have you come.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    Come unemployed and borrow my extra set of lights.

How about a mulligan for each dent on your frame & blow-torching scars!!
    Hmm. Might win style Mulligan? If you wore some other burnt stuff, might even be considered a costume. So are you going?

So far I think you are leading for best post too.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    So are you going?
    More than likely, I don't think we have anything going on that weekend. I'll bring my extra lights for Philbo or anyone else who needs them. I have two lights, can be run either on the bars and/or helmet.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    )#%&)^&)#*$_@&$&#@*%&(*#$&^%&*^&, I can't attend this one. If I can it will be last minute and I'll just show up and drink the beer stash before you guys get there. hahahahahaha!
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

You are an MTBR OG. Would be cool to have you come.

How about just an OG?

Hoping to make my first one.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Douger, Need this back. Need the second best to be able to bask in the glory of this fine customized 3' green and gold monument.

Also, the clue for test 1 is, you have to stay within the lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45-20150812_162041_zpsdtl2yzr5.jpg  

mtbr member

Also, the clue for test 1 is, you have to stay within the lines.
    test one is not on the bike lane is it?
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    test one is not on the bike lane is it?
    It is not. It is a single track that you follow.

is the line natural, man made part of the trail or marked by you?
    Time is looking better for me and I may be able to make it and partake in the events. I'll know for sure by next Wednesday but don't count me out yet.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Addicted to 2 wheels
    No natural line. Man made part of the trail and marked by me and likely others. Might be some random obstacles too.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    We are still on for the Hawes Beerduro on Friday, 6/24, show by 6:30. Will have a Gran Prix inspired special test section starting and finishing from my house. Will try to start running people on it as early as 6:45.

Weather shows a high of 113 on Friday with winds at 10-15 mph and partly cloudy. Should be fairly nice by 6:30. Obviously, bring your water, and cold beverages.

Post up any questions and let us know if you are in so we can ensure the beer bush is stocked properly.

Roll Call

In = 19
    Freeskier
    JoeP
    homey
    dtownmtb
    Greg
    Dan
    Jeff
    Rich
    Ben
    Ali
    Jordan
    Shawn
    Frank
    Kirk
    RickD
    Austin
    Rory
    Taylor
    Brian

Maybe = 32
    Phibo - Needs lights - Freeskier has go you covered
    TacoBeer
    Rachel
    Ryan
    KC
    Rick
    +26 other FB maybes

FYI - We can handle around 50 riders no problem.

mtbr member
    Looks like it should be a good event! I'd like to do it but renewing my CPR & Chainsaw certs on Friday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chainslap- View Post
    Looks like it should be a good event! I'd like to do it but renewing my CPR & Chainsaw certs on Friday.
    Ok so sorry about that. The good news is that I can leave my tube stock at home now.
    Joe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Ok so sorry about that. The good news is that I can leave my tube stock at home now.
    Hey, you never know when someone else may need a tube sock and maxi pad...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Wish I could join you guys for this one, I love me some Hawes! Damn parental responsibilities!

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Not sure on the exact number as folks are getting in and some are falling out. I picked up a 30 pack for the beer bush, and will have a handful of diet Dr.Peppers too. Why diet Dr P? It was in the beer fridge.

Also picked up 32 hot dogs for post ride snack. Please bring something if you want. Also bring some post ride beverages. I will have one cooler, so an extra big cooler might be good too.

Pool and Jacuzzi will be open this time too.

See you at 6:30, pedaling at 6:45. Call if you are lost 4802903900

Heard it was a great time, wish I could have made it.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    hey,, when you guys did the beerduro the oother night,, did it include the switchbacks?
    last night i discovered some assmonkey had rolled a 100+lb boulder right into the middle of the trail right before the turn below where the two splits converge.
    i moved it back to the side,, but man that thing would have at least destroyed a front wheel in a best case scenario.

Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45-boulder.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I rode Hawes yesterday early morning and the switchbacks were clear. No big, loose rock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    ps. Thanks for moving it back off the trail, too!

mtbr member
    isn't that considered sanitizing the trail ??

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Hawes Beerduro was another great time. Temps were a little warm but very manageable. Candon was of course fastest on the bike. Dan C takes the overall!

We had some scoring issues with the coveted and celebrated Beerduro 2nd place. It was Canada James, but then it was Rory. Rory took home the trophy and all results are final even though all the folks tallying results have been drinking.

Well, I reviewed and Rory was given a minute off on a test, so you will see that in the results.

No real injuries. No major mechanical except Schilling burped a tire and Bob Bob B had a dropped fail.

The Beer Bush was fun as always. Big thanks to Aaron B for hiking the cooler out there for me!!! Guy does not even drink, nor could he ride due to kids duties. Rick D, can flat out kill a beer as he crushes the can in his mouth. Ridiculous! He even went twice to try to better his time (completely legal).

Rick D also overalled the Mulligans. This is a special honor in my book and I may award this next Beerduro I do.

Below are the results. I corrected a few things that looked off. Huge thank to the guys that tallied the scores. Benjamin and Dan C. I think it was Dan.

Where is the next Beerduro? Get it on the calendar! Somo (Canada James , and others), Flagstaff (Chaislap), Prescott Dells (Helimech), San Tan (Arturo), Gold Canyon (freeskier), ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawes Beerduro on Friday, June 24th. Show by 6:30, pedal by 6:45-hawes-beerduro-624.16.jpg