has anybody ordered form this site? http://goodnfljersey.com/- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

has anybody ordered form this site? http://goodnfljersey.com/

http://goodnfljersey.com/

They have a ton of jerseys, bibs kits from almost everywhere. Now, it is pretty clear they are knock offs, anf Chinese, but $53 for a full kit, (I chose the Mellow Johnneys) i took the risk. i will report back on how long it takes, and most importantly the quality.

When i chatted with the service agent it went like this

me- "who makes the clothing?"
    her -"OEM-it best quality, i know you love it. quality is top."
    Sounds like a massage parlor!!

HAHA WE WILL SEE!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Keep us posted. Hopefully they are legit (as it can get in China) and you don't get ripped off. Good luck!

EDR
    China Shmina...
    I purchased some NFL jerseys from a local guy. He told me he has to have a license from the NFL to sell these jerseys as they are the same ones the players wear. What a bunch of BS....and I knew it but didn't care. At 40 to 50 bucks a pop they were identical in every way, as far as I could tell. These are the type of jerseys with the number and names sewn in, not prints. Everything is identical to the ones they sell for 250 bucks, right down to the NFL Reebok patch sewn in on the bottom front. I knew I could order directly from China for 30 bucks but this way I got to look at them first, to be sure the names weren't crooked or other silly things that you get get with knock-offs.

I have little doubt the actual NFL jerseys are made in China anyhow, like most goods.

Check Craigslist if you want to see before buying. There are tons of NFL sewn jerserys for sale. These guys order them from Chinese merchants and mark them up a bit.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I purchased some NFL jerseys from a local guy. .
    What team?
    Ride more; post less...

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    What team?
    Why do I feel reluctant to answer this question?

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Why do I feel reluctant to answer this question?
    LOL!!
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    We will see how good the chinese cycling clothes are soon, hopefully. They have a nice selections if you didnt look already.

Need more cowbell
    Did you order bibs/shorts? I'm curious to see the quality of the chamois. That would be a little more difficult to get right.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I just want to find some place that will let me make my own jersey by submitting a print (but still end up with a decent fabric).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    WoD hit it for me- the most expensive parts of kit making are the chamios material itself, the screening used, the quality of the pattern the material was cut from and construcion (sseam placement, double stitch etc). Those are the real concerns for me- that and how long they hold up. $50 is awesome- but not if I have to replace the kit after 10 rides.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I never buy knock off stuff, its best to buy with a visa gift card, so that later on you dont get excessive hits on your credit card. oh and i would stay away look at the contact info. looks like they function out of some dudes basement

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath
    Did you order bibs/shorts? I'm curious to see the quality of the chamois. That would be a little more difficult to get right.
    I ordered a full kit. Mellow J's. I am most curious of the Chamois myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUUL99
    I never buy knock off stuff, its best to buy with a visa gift card, so that later on you dont get excessive hits on your credit card. oh and i would stay away look at the contact info. looks like they function out of some dudes basement
    I used paypal so they cant get me there, and yes it is not the safest purchase i ever made, but I will be the guinnea pig this time I guess. I did find a couple people who ordered from this site and were happy. Just no reviews on cycling specific.

mtbr member
    Finally!!!!! they have arrived. I cant find a difference. They are very nice. The Chamois feels a little cheap, but overall for $53 for a full kit. I will order again! The Mellow johnnys jersey is exactly like my Louis Garneau i paid $100 for.

Took 6 weeks to recieve (apparently a Chinese Holiday) but I am happy with the purchase and will order more jerseys for sure

EDR
    General Tso's AMAZING cycling gear!

mtbr member
    I ordered a couple road jerseys from a similar site (stuff I couldn't get by even paying more from someone here in the US). Took one out for a test spin and it was in the laundry. My wife came in and said "Hey, this bike jersey has a 'Dry Clean Only" label." I was like WTF? 10% spandex, 90% polyester... if that needs to be dry cleaned, we got a serious problem. The seven year old Chinese kid that sewed it on probably couldn't read it. I hand washed it just to see what would happen, but it'll go in the machine next time. The way things are these days, you know the same company is making one run of the jerseys for the guy who sells them in the US at $100 a pop, and then another to sell on the knock-off sites for $28.

Comment on the shorts... I discovered a long time ago that you generally get a return back what you pay for your shorts in terms of comfort and longevity, so I only buy high quality (and usually high priced) shorts. I expect the shorts from these places are not the "good ones" that I would buy from someone in the US, so I avoided them. Just my own take on it.

Members who have read this thread: 0