Hangover stoke- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hangover stoke

mtbr member

Hangover stoke

Not mine but couldn't help but post this. It's that good with some of the best riders on the planet. Wet and greasy and fantastic light.

Write-up with Nate Hill's video here: https://www.natehills.com/blog?fbcli...PR4WsHLC0og5pI

I'd never actually seen anyone clean the upper switchback after the slickrock climb to the Damifino saddle. Also, they drop Chewie's Line which is an extra spicy alternative to the backside drop. And then there's the stuff they didn't clean. Even those guys are human. Good stuff.

mtbr member
    That's some amazing riding right there.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Good stuff...watching it was like "damn kinda makes me want a longer travel rig". Then I saw the one guy was on a hardtail! Makes me really want to ride hangover though and be a lesser bitch in a few places!

dirt visionary
    Nice!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Not mine but couldn't help but post this. It's that good with some of the best riders on the planet. Wet and greasy and fantastic light.

Write-up with Nate Hill's video here: https://www.natehills.com/blog?fbcli...PR4WsHLC0og5pI

I'd never actually seen anyone clean the upper switchback after the slickrock climb to the Damifino saddle. Also, they drop Chewie's Line which is an extra spicy alternative to the backside drop. And then there's the stuff they didn't clean. Even those guys are human. Good stuff.
    Pretty amazing video. Just think how happy guys like Velo and Billbo would be if the mountain bike community had never built that crappy trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    Pretty amazing video. Just think how happy guys like Velo and Billbo would be if the mountain bike community had never built that crappy trail.
    Buzzkill. Don't be a Debbie-downer Switch. You have your own thread to troll for a bite.
    Last edited by rockman; 01-20-2019 at 06:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Not sure where you're coming from, Switch. Parts of that trail make me pucker, even on video. Though I will never ride the whole thing, I'm very happy it's there.

Please don't kill the stoke just 'cause I posted in this thread.
    Veni vidi velo!

Confine it to your own thread and everything will be copacetic, mmmmkay?
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

mtbr member
    Nate's follow cam footage on JKW is fun to watch! And yeah, Mason Bond shreds on a hardtail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    Nate's follow cam footage on JKW is fun to watch! And yeah, Mason Bond shreds on a hardtail!
    Mason on Prom Night in Flag.

mtbr member
    Actually on a full squish in that one. Watching him ride Pickle with the Trail Peek bros didn't look that impressive until I actually rode Pickle. No thanks to riding that on a hard tail! LOL

Where is Prom Night? Still coming off Elden I presume?

mtbr member
    Found it..... I am assuming since it is not on TF that it was never sanctioned by the FS back in day when some of the other stuff was?

mtbr member
    Found it..... I am assuming since it is not on TF that it was never sanctioned by the FS back in day when some of the other stuff was?
    Well, back in the day isn't that long ago but no, none of the user built advanced trails have been adopted by the USFS. This, and other trails like Pickle are about to face the hammer. They won't survive skid logging and helicopter logging.

It's all about to come to a boil. There will be a new Proposed Action for the Mount Elden Dry Lake trail plan in 2019. It's going to be a battle to keep trails like Ginger, Pickle, Wasabi, Prom Night, Jedi, Can-I, and Red Onion. Unlike system trails, the loggers have no obligation to protect said trails or rebuild them when their done. Sierra Club is ramping up the fight to naturalize all of them. Lots of community support for keeping them and coming up with a plan that balances recreation with resource. 2019 is going to be interesting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    Not sure where you're coming from, Switch. Parts of that trail make me pucker, even on video. Though I will never ride the whole thing, I'm very happy it's there.

Please don't kill the stoke just 'cause I posted in this thread.
    Where I am coming from is that you and guys like Bilbo are totally against the user created trails that have made Sedona World Class. But then you say you are ďvery happy that itís there.Ē That sounds hypocritical to me. I do support your being happy that itís there, as well as all the other Sedona user created trails built by the mountain bike community.

I also look forward to the soon to be adopted user created trails and the proposed new trails will be constructed in the future.

Originally I thought the new Girdner trail was a huge waste of money, but now that I see the partially completed beginner/intermediate trail I see it has a worthy purpose.

I actually would enjoy seeing Tea Cup being dumbed down to allow a better user experience for lesser skilled riders to acccess more difficult trails off that trail. The FS dumbed down the user created Andante trail which a way more popular ride now.

mtbr member
    Where I am coming from is that you and guys like Bilbo are totally against the user created trails that have made Sedona World Class. But then you say you are ďvery happy that itís there.Ē That sounds hypocritical to me. I do support your being happy that itís there, as well as all the other Sedona user created trails built by the mountain bike community.

I also look forward to the soon to be adopted user created trails and the proposed new trails will be constructed in the future.

Originally I thought the new Girdner trail was a huge waste of money, but now that I see the partially completed beginner/intermediate trail I see it has a worthy purpose.

I actually would enjoy seeing Tea Cup being dumbed down to allow a better user experience for lesser skilled riders to acccess more difficult trails off that trail. The FS dumbed down the user created Andante trail which a way more popular ride now.
    Switch, their issue is with you and not the existence of user-built trails. Go duke it out on your own thread. We all know the USFS would never have built world-class trails like HiLine, Hangover, and the Hogs. On the other hand, the new Thunder Mountain is pretty cool. Maybe you don't like it and just ride Andante but it's technical for sure.

mtbr member
    Well, back in the day isn't that long ago but no, none of the user built advanced trails have been adopted by the USFS. This, and other trails like Pickle are about to face the hammer. They won't survive skid logging and helicopter logging.

It's all about to come to a boil. There will be a new Proposed Action for the Mount Elden Dry Lake trail plan in 2019. It's going to be a battle to keep trails like Ginger, Pickle, Wasabi, Prom Night, Jedi, Can-I, and Red Onion. Unlike system trails, the loggers have no obligation to protect said trails or rebuild them when their done. Sierra Club is ramping up the fight to naturalize all of them. Lots of community support for keeping them and coming up with a plan that balances recreation with resource. 2019 is going to be interesting.
    I read something this morning from back in 2013 that the FS was adopting some of the user created trails and destroying some. I just assumed that if it was here at this point, it was here to stay. That is really unfortunate. With as popular as the area is one would think the FS would be more on board with keeping the sustainable one's around. Some of the best riding in AZ....would really suck to lose it.

Are the one's you named the only ones on the chopping block or is there more?

mtbr member
    When exactly is the area scheduled to be logged?

mtbr member
    I read something this morning from back in 2013 that the FS was adopting some of the user created trails and destroying some. I just assumed that if it was here at this point, it was here to stay. That is really unfortunate. With as popular as the area is one would think the FS would be more on board with keeping the sustainable one's around. Some of the best riding in AZ....would really suck to lose it.

Are the one's you named the only ones on the chopping block or is there more?
    Two points on the social trails being sustainable. 1. Most of them are not and from the incision and braiding they have a 10 yr lifespan without continual maintenance. Anyone can see why that might be an issue to a land manager. 2. Hikers don't understand the concept of trail sustainability or need to reroute trails to bring them on a more sustainable grade. They just think the mtn bike community wants to build more bike friendly trails. The Sierra Club feeds on that fear.

The original Proposed Action (PA) that the public had a chance to comment on back in late 2012/early 2013 can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=38239

The project was then put on hold with FWPP thinning ramping up and because of complaints from the environmental community, primarily the Sierra Club. They really put the screws to the FS accusing them of collusion with the mtn bike community. The reality is that the proposal did not propose adopting many of the trails; rather it proposed to realign lower Brookbank and upper Oldham and build two new directional advanced trails to replace Wasabi and a portion of Private Reserve (leaving Happy Ending). It also proposed a Dry Lake loop and Elden loop, both located on top which should have appealed to the hiking and running community but overall the PA actually had a rather substantial net reduction in trail mileage.

FBO's comment letter requesting that Ginger, Jedi, and Red Onion be added back into the PA can be found here: http://flagstaffbiking.org/wp-conten...entsPA_FBO.pdf

When exactly is the area scheduled to be logged?
    Phase 1 FWPP is mostly complete sans cleanup (base of Elden and Dry Lake Hills). Reports are that Rocky Ridge has been obliterated in places so that is going to require some major tread repair. Phase 2 (the higher elevation slopes) began last summer and helicopter and cable logging has begun. Hand thinning began last summer.

Downed trees across Private Reserve courtesy of raisingarizona from last November.

Hangover stoke-thinning_private-reserve.jpg

The .05 percent
    Two points on the social trails being sustainable. 1. Most of them are not and from the incision and braiding they have a 10 yr lifespan without continual maintenance. Anyone can see why that might be an issue to a land manager. 2. Hikers don't understand the concept of trail sustainability or need to reroute trails to bring them on a more sustainable grade. They just think the mtn bike community wants to build more bike friendly trails. The Sierra Club feeds on that fear.

The original Proposed Action (PA) that the public had a chance to comment on back in late 2012/early 2013 can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=38239

The project was then put on hold with FWPP thinning ramping up and because of complaints from the environmental community, primarily the Sierra Club. They really put the screws to the FS accusing them of collusion with the mtn bike community. The reality is that the proposal did not propose adopting many of the trails; rather it proposed to realign lower Brookbank and upper Oldham and build two new directional advanced trails to replace Wasabi and a portion of Private Reserve (leaving Happy Ending). It also proposed a Dry Lake loop and Elden loop, both located on top which should have appealed to the hiking and running community but overall the PA actually had a rather substantial net reduction in trail mileage.

FBO's comment letter requesting that Ginger, Jedi, and Red Onion be added back into the PA can be found here: http://flagstaffbiking.org/wp-conten...entsPA_FBO.pdf

Phase 1 FWPP is mostly complete sans cleanup (base of Elden and Dry Lake Hills). Reports are that Rocky Ridge has been obliterated in places so that is going to require some major tread repair. Phase 2 (the higher elevation slopes) began last summer and helicopter and cable logging has begun. Hand thinning began last summer.

Downed trees across Private Reserve courtesy of raisingarizona from last November.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinning_Private Reserve.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	1234495
    Blank slate, lots of opportunities for progressive trail...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Blank slate, lots of opportunities for progressive trail...
    Yep, but the key talking point is that overall we are proposing a net reduction in trails. That's going to piss some people off.

The Flagstaff Trails Initiative mapping indicates 530 miles of social trails in the Flagstaff area. Not all are mountain bike trails of course, and some are simply decommissioned roads, but it's a big fat target with the bull's-eye squarely on Dry Lake Hills and Elden.

The .05 percent
    Hopefully included are some for the more advanced skill set. Sorely missing from our network.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Hopefully included are some for the more advanced skill set. Sorely missing from our network.
    Absolutely. It is indeed a blank slate. The shutdown is hampering the process but a collaborative group is supposed to be meeting now with the USFS over a new proposed action. I don't know if you got wind of it JP but a huge battle went down with the Sierra Club earlier this month. A certain member from our community may have gotten one Sierra Clubber banned from future trail planning meetings. We'll see how that plays out.

Also, I don't know if you've seen it but we have a comprehensive plan for the Fort Valley area with realignments and advanced trails incl. directional trails yet overall a proposed reduction in net mileage. The planned discussion of that proposal is what galvanized the Sierra Club into sending their most vocal anti-mtn bike henchman to the meeting. Needless to say he succeeded in derailing anything productive happening in that planning meeting but he may also have ensured that he won't be attending another one, at least not while representing the Sierra Club. I'll be happy to email the proposal if you want to look at it. 2019 is going to be very interesting.

Hangover stoke-rad.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info rockman. Really curious to see what comes of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Seeing the top of Private being logged felt like the end of an era. One I'm ok with closing as long as we start building new, progressive trails in our system.

I get the fear part but I don't get how some folks are hung up on the trails that we currently have. they aren't that good really and we can do so much better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That's the perfect example of what a land manager doesn't want to see and how to build an extremely unsustainable trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Seeing the top of Private being logged felt like the end of an era. One I'm ok with closing as long as we start building new, progressive trails in our system.

I get the fear part but I don't get how some folks are hung up on the trails that we currently have. they aren't that good really and we can do so much better.
    I don't doubt that it could be made better but I certainly have my doubts on what the USFS will allow in regards to a legitimate progressive trail system.

mtbr member
    That's the perfect example of what a land manager doesn't want to see and how to build an extremely unsustainable trail.
    Yep, 5 year lifespan on that one. Even the trailbuilder acknowledges that it's a poor work product. He figured it would be long gone by now because of the logging that never happened. We can have trails like this but just need to get the water off of them and route more rock features into the tread.

mtbr member
    As always thanks for the Stoke posts, your updates on Flagstaff plans and advocacy. Your posts are what what MTBR is for and what keeps me coming back. Just ignore the the narcissist's posts.

Hopfully rocky ridge rebuild will be an improvement. Really should be more of an easier riding connecting trail to avoid the road.

I know it's not in the plans but is there any hope that there might be an reasonably climable trial on the south/east side of Elden that would allow us to ride up that side not on the road? Are there owls in the way?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I don't doubt that it could be made better but I certainly have my doubts on what the USFS will allow in regards to a legitimate progressive trail system.
    Well you can have a look at our work in the Hobbits Forest sections of Sunset. It wasn't our alignment but we did an extra three weeks on it to ensure that it came out decent. The FS isn't doing the building for that stuff, we are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    As always thanks for the Stoke posts, your updates on Flagstaff plans and advocacy. Your posts are what what MTBR is for and what keeps me coming back. Just ignore the the narcissist's posts.

Hopfully rocky ridge rebuild will be an improvement. Really should be more of an easier riding connecting trail to avoid the road.

I know it's not in the plans but is there any hope that there might be an reasonably climable trial on the south/east side of Elden that would allow us to ride up that side not on the road? Are there owls in the way?
    Cool man thanks! The FS has no plans for RR or at least didn't before the thinning. It's a tricky and divisive subject with locals. Lots of folks love the awkward, technical chunky character but it really doesn't make sense from a connectivity aspect as well as a stacked loop concept emanating from the planned Schultz Creek TH. Also, it's part of the AZT and is a bit out of character with the intended purpose of that trail. https://aztrail.org/explore/passages...-33-flagstaff/

That said, it could use some realigning in a couple of places and certainly some drainage work. I haven't seen the logging damage yet but hear it's bad. As for a trail parallel to Elden Lookout Rd there are no plans except for middle Oldham being rerouted on the other side of the road as a better connection between a new L. Brookbank and a new U. Oldham.

mtbr member
    Well you can have a look at our work in the Hobbits Forest sections of Sunset. It wasn't our alignment but we did an extra three weeks on it to ensure that it came out decent. The FS isn't doing the building for that stuff, we are.
    I rode it a couple times over the summer and it turned out very well. Is Sunset a user created trail or is it a sanctioned trail?

Rockman sent me the proposal and everything mentioned is on the West side of Schultz Creek? What is in the plans for Wasabi, Oldham and Private Reserve?

mtbr member
    I rode it a couple times over the summer and it turned out very well. Is Sunset a user created trail or is it a sanctioned trail?

Rockman sent me the proposal and everything mentioned is on the West side of Schultz Creek? What is in the plans for Wasabi, Oldham and Private Reserve?
    Sunset was built by the FS in the late 70s/early 80s with some of it incorporating sheep trails and part of the Catwalk was the fireline scraped in during the 1977 Radio Fire.

As for the trails you mentioned they are in the MEDL Proposed Action mentioned above. https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=38239
    http://flagstaffbiking.org/wp-conten...entsPA_FBO.pdf

Part of the rationale for giving up Wasabi and Prom Night was a compromise with the wildlife biologists to give that part of the mountain to protect owl habitat and instead build two directional trails in the vicinity of Private Reserve. But like signatorj said, it's now a blank slate although a signed decision is expected Nov 2019.

mtbr member
    Sunset was built by the FS in the late 70s/early 80s with some of it incorporating sheep trails and part of the Catwalk was the fireline scraped in during the 1977 Radio Fire.

As for the trails you mentioned they are in the MEDL Proposed Action mentioned above. https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=38239
    http://flagstaffbiking.org/wp-conten...entsPA_FBO.pdf

Part of the rationale for giving up Wasabi and Prom Night was a compromise with the wildlife biologists to give that part of the mountain to protect owl habitat and instead build two directional trails in the vicinity of Private Reserve. But like signatorj said, it's now a blank slate although a signed decision is expected Nov 2019.
    I am sure the USFS has done studies to prove that occasional MTB going by on a single track trail really messes with the owl's habitat but that logging the mountain with a helicopter has no impact? LOL It turns out high engagement hubs are harmful to an owl's ears......

mtbr member
    I am sure the USFS has done studies to prove that occasional MTB going by on a single track trail really messes with the owl's habitat but that logging the mountain with a helicopter has no impact? LOL It turns out high engagement hubs are harmful to an owl's ears......
    Actually the areas within the MSO PACs (Mexican spotted owl protected activity center) are only hand-thinned. Not sure helicopters are even allowed to fly over these areas. To my knowledge there are two. The compromise with the enviro groups and the US Fish and Wildlife service was that these areas were not to be thinned to the same degree and the nests annually monitored.

My issue with the MSO Recovery Plan is that trails are treated as the same impact with roads. Doesn't make sense to me. At least for now, getting the area thinned is the number one goal. Endangered species are next and recreation and our little pet desires for trails in a sensitive landscape fall far down the list.

mtbr member
    This is a great video! AZ forum needs more stoke.
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad.Mtb View Post
    This is a great video! AZ forum needs more stoke.
    AZ needs more stoke for sure.

Anyone have any insight into the possibility of a bike park at Snow Bowl? I have heard this year is the year. Any truth in that?

mtbr member
    AZ needs more stoke for sure.

Anyone have any insight into the possibility of a bike park at Snow Bowl? I have heard this year is the year. Any truth in that?
    It's in the planning stages. I don't think they will be putting shovels to dirt in 2019 but will check. Focus this summer for Snowbowl will be replacing the Agassiz chairlift with a combination chairlift and gondola referred to as a chondola.

mtbr member
    It's in the planning stages. I don't think they will be putting shovels to dirt in 2019 but will check. Focus this summer for Snowbowl will be replacing the Agassiz chairlift combination chairlift and gondola referred to as a chondola.
    I didn't realize that there a gondola at Snowbowl. Been several years since I have been up there. I was hoping they would have something this summer but I am just glad to hear they definitely going to be making it happen.

The .05 percent
    Skipped the best part...
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Not sure how much it means coming from a flatlander to your south, but I sincerely appreciate the work you guys do to help make riding in Flag better. I do love Phx riding, but Flagstaff is my second-favorite place to ride. If it weren't for the weather, I'd move.

Thank you.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Not sure how much it means coming from a flatlander to your south, but I sincerely appreciate the work you guys do to help make riding in Flag better. I do love Phx riding, but Flagstaff is my second-favorite place to ride. If it weren't for the weather, I'd move.

Thank you.
    Cool man, thanks! It means a lot. We're all in this together but creating a unified voice in Flagstaff has been difficult. We are, by nature, an independent group. Which is funny because the Sierra Club portrays us as some sort of Łber-bike group that runs roughshod over other users of trails and public lands. That's not what we're trying to do.

Elitest thrill junkie
    4:40

Hangover stoke-013e13010d386e21b7e6c0786f1de659c837774e0c.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    4:40

Name:	013e13010d386e21b7e6c0786f1de659c837774e0c.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	1234708
    Hangover!

mtbr member

Thank you.
    The weather is why I want to move! LOL If never had to deal with a summer in the desert again, I would be a happy man.

And where are you riding in Phoenix that is better than Flag?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Cool man, thanks! It means a lot. We're all in this together but creating a unified voice in Flagstaff has been difficult. We are, by nature, an independent group. Which is funny because the Sierra Club portrays us as some sort of Łber-bike group that runs roughshod over other users of trails and public lands. That's not what we're trying to do.
    Rock how many new miles of trails has the USFS approved in Flagstaff and has the funding to build? Do you have a map of those apporoved trails like the Sedona Western Gateway Map? Are the new trails going to be a mixture of easy to expert?

mtbr member
    Rock how many new miles of trails has the USFS approved in Flagstaff and has the funding to build? Do you have a map of those apporoved trails like the Sedona Western Gateway Map? Are the new trails going to be a mixture of easy to expert?
    Switchblade, ever the one with questions that you already know the answers to but I'll humor you anyway. Right now we are working on 8 miles of new trail. The USFS does not have the funding to build any of it. What funding they have (~$150,000) is paying for the MEDL NEPA. On the Heart and L. Elden project we built 1.5 miles with volunteer labor in 2018 and have the funding to pay ACE to build the 4 miles of Heart in 2019. We will finish L. Elden in 2019 with volunteer labor. Feel free to donate to the cause. Donate to the Trail Maintenance & Construction Fund | Setting Wheels in Motion

Here's the map you requested that you could have simply found in one of the links posted above.

Hangover stoke-scoping-letter-map.jpg

You should also be happy to know that 50+ miles of motorized trail has been built in the Kelly Canyon project with a total of planned mileage of 70 miles. So, you've got a legal place to ride your ebike.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coco...a/?recid=81567
    https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/.../ride_5659.htm

A signed decision on MEDL is expected Nov 2019. That will propose new trails, adoption of some trails, and closure of others. We'd be meeting and planning those trails right now but your guy has the gov't shut down. What a country!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The weather is why I want to move! LOL If never had to deal with a summer in the desert again, I would be a happy man.

And where are you riding in Phoenix that is better than Flag?
    To each his own, dude. I couldnít tolerate the cold and snow, but I can take the heat and we can ride year-round.

Personally, the better trails at Somo (24th, Geronimo, Ranger, CDL, etc) are pretty darn good and perhaps easier accessed without a shuttle than the really good stuff on Elden. Better? I donít know; Flagstaff is freaking awesome when itís warm.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    To each his own, dude. I couldnít tolerate the cold and snow, but I can take the heat and we can ride year-round.

Personally, the better trails at Somo (24th, Geronimo, Ranger, CDL, etc) are pretty darn good and perhaps easier accessed without a shuttle than the really good stuff on Elden. Better? I donít know; Flagstaff is freaking awesome when itís warm.
    I start riding Prescott and Flag at the first sign of 90 degree weather. lol I will gladly strap on the snowboard when the snow comes but Flag doesn't normally have that much snow to deal with. Like you said though, to each their own. Definitely lots of good riding in the desert.

The .05 percent

Now if we could only get more people from the valley to not tolerate the cold and snow, Broken sleds suck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Switchblade, ever the one with questions that you already know the answers to but I'll humor you anyway. Right now we are working on 8 miles of new trail. The USFS does not have the funding to build any of it. What funding they have (~$150,000) is paying for the MEDL NEPA. On the Heart and L. Elden project we built 1.5 miles with volunteer labor in 2018 and have the funding to pay ACE to build the 4 miles of Heart in 2019. We will finish L. Elden in 2019 with volunteer labor. Feel free to donate to the cause. Donate to the Trail Maintenance & Construction Fund | Setting Wheels in Motion

Here's the map you requested that you could have simply found in one of the links posted above.

Name:	scoping letter map.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	1234752

You should also be happy to know that 50+ miles of motorized trail has been built in the Kelly Canyon project with a total of planned mileage of 70 miles. So, you've got a legal place to ride your ebike.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coco...a/?recid=81567
    https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/.../ride_5659.htm

A signed decision on MEDL is expected Nov 2019. That will propose new trails, adoption of some trails, and closure of others. We'd be meeting and planning those trails right now but your guy has the gov't shut down. What a country!
    Thanks for the update, hopefully you will find funding for all those new trails.

Keep the faith!
    Last edited by Switchblade2; 01-24-2019 at 06:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Back to some stoke!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Back to some stoke!

Risk Acessment- The Chance of Something Bad Happening

If there ever comes a day that something bad happens to one of us due to taking a bunch of risks, how should loved oneís or friends of that person react to a serious injury like being paralyzed, brain dead or death? I like to watch videos like this that celebrate a personís life. There is certainly no reason to feel sorry for them.

mtbr member
    Risk Acessment- The Chance of Something Bad Happening

If there ever comes a day that something bad happens to one of us due to taking a bunch of risks, how should loved oneís or friends of that person react to a serious injury like being paralyzed, brain dead or death? I like to watch videos like this that celebrate a personís life. There is certainly no reason to feel sorry for them.
    WUT? They are doing what they love. Don't read too much into it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    WUT? They are doing what they love. Don't read too much into it.
    I am not reading anything into it. The riders in the video are bored riding advanced and expert trails. They need way more challenge. Their life experience is much better than yours and mine will ever be. Just think of the hundreds of new videos we will get to enjoy as they find new challenging lines to ride.

I think Sedonaís rating as one of the most challenging destinations has certainly been advanced a few notches. I canít wait to see Josh riding these lines.

mtbr member
    Back to some stoke!

Keep the stoke coming rockman! AZ really has some fantastic places to ride we should all be grateful live and ride here. And thanks to Nate Hills, I don't think anyone else brings the MTB stoke like he does.
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad.Mtb View Post
    Keep the stoke coming rockman! AZ really has some fantastic places to ride we should all be grateful live and ride here. And thanks to Nate Hills, I don't think anyone else brings the MTB stoke like he does.

I also like that he's not on the wide bar program. There is a limit and most of us are way past it by running 800+ mm bars. Just an opinion.

This is my favorite HO vid. Alex and Nate are hauling the mail.