Had to be something in that mess for us!- Mtbr.com
    Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm Had to be something in that mess for us!

Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

i like cheese.
    awesome.

my favorite part of the bill is section 503 page 300...

oh Lucky me
    okay, sorry, can someone translate page 205 / 206 into english (possibly 'stupid' english) for us not so 'law' savvy folks???

Quote Originally Posted by bike=good
    awesome.

and WTF?!?!?! hahahah thats awesome!!
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus11
    okay, sorry, can someone translate page 205 / 206 into english (possibly 'stupid' english) for us not so 'law' savvy folks???

and WTF?!?!?! hahahah thats awesome!!
    I just quickly read over this, but I'm guessing you can get a tax credit for the purchase and/or repair of a bike used for the purpose of commuting to work.

A couple years ago, "a friend" did his taxes with Tubro Tax, and when it was looking for credits, there was something regarding hobbies, and how if your hobby could result in financial gain, you could deduct money torwards that hobby. "My friend" read this to mean that the new $2,000 mt bike he purchased--which he rode in local races, which in some cases involved cash prizes--could be deducted. "My friend" has no idea if he was allowed to do that, but "my friend" has 1 more year to sweat out an audit.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 10-02-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

oh Lucky me
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I just quickly read over this, but I'm guessing you can get a tax credit for the purchase and/or repair of a bike used for the purpose of commuting to work.

A couple years ago, "a friend" did his taxes with Tubro Tax, and when it was looking for credits, there was something regarding hobbies, and how if your hobby could result in financial gain, you could deduct money torwards that hobby. "My friend" read this to mean that the new $2,000 mt bike he purchases--which he rode in local races, which in some cases involved cash prizes--could be deducted. "My friend" has no idea if he was allowed to do that, but "my friend" has 1 more year to sweat out an audit.
    do you and "your friend" happen to share the same name, the same house, and the same job...hahaha!!
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by bike=good
    awesome.

Thank god, finally my Wooden Arrow empire will flurish...
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

My other ride is your mom
    All I want to know is who in the senate was just waiting for a moment like this, to introduce that Wooden Arrow verbiage into a piece of legislation? Who lobbied for this? Is there a small community out there in Burnt Mattress, Arkansas that has 12 factory workers making wooden arrows who need a break from the craziness which is our economy? Did someone actully grow up thinking, "Once I get that job at the wooden arrow factory...I'll buy me that chevy and I'll be livin' high on the hog."

Perhaps we should all start lobbying for Stan's, or a nipple manufacturer.....we could all use a boost too! Heck....given all the interest the ghetto tubeless thread receives...surely we can get some groundswel moving in the right direction to get us a little break from the energy costs our air-compressors use up while trying in vain to get the darn things to seal! I say, let's all write our representatives and try to get an homeowners energy credit for such a thing.....who's with me?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    All I want to know is who in the senate was just waiting for a moment like this, to introduce that Wooden Arrow verbiage into a piece of legislation? Who lobbied for this? Is there a small community out there in Burnt Mattress, Arkansas that has 12 factory workers making wooden arrows who need a break from the craziness which is our economy? Did someone actully grow up thinking, "Once I get that job at the wooden arrow factory...I'll buy me that chevy and I'll be livin' high on the hog."
    This was one of those "sweetners" the media kept making reference to. Not as sexy as the uping the FDIC insurance to $250,000, but extremely important to sway the South Dakota and Minnesota contingent.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Lets have some Kool-aid!

Another perk for us

Here is another spoonful of pork

"Transportation fringe benefit to bicycle commuters: The measure would allow employers to provide benefits to employees who commute to work via bicycle, such as help purchasing and maintaining a bicycle. The measure would cost taxpayers $10 million."

Does this mean I will be able to go pick out a new bike if I ride it to work?

Professional Amateur
    sounds like $20 per month you ride to work a substantial number of times. So a max of $240 a year? not enough to buy me that crosscheck I want for commuting

Members who have read this thread: 0