Group Ride in Prescott, Sunday OCT 12.- Mtbr.com
    Master Gardener

Idea! Group Ride in Prescott, Sunday OCT 12.

Howdy, Gang.

Soul Ride this coming Sunday, October 12.

Where: The public parking area at White Spar Campground (Schoolhouse Gulch and Trail 396 trailhead).

When: 8:00 AM

What: We'll ride up 396 to Senator, regroup, then backtrack about 500 yards to connector trails that run over to Feldmire/Bannon Creek, then back over to Schoolhouse Gulch parking lot.

How long: It will be relatively short, in the 90-120 minute range. If people want to ride afterward in the area, go for it.

Pace: Moderate. We will have at least one lead and one sweep rider and will regroup regularly.

The first 1,000 riders will receive free playing cards and clothes pins for making really cool motorcycle noises in your spokes. Supplies are limited.

RULES:

* No heart rate monitors allowed without documentation proving medical neccessity.

* Forbidden words: Base Miles; Anaerobic; Aerobic; Intervals; Off-the-front (aka Breakaway); Off-the-back (aka A Fart); Dura Ace OR XTR (both are expressly forbidden). Also: Hannah; Montana; Maverick; Joe Sixpack; MySpace; microbrew.

* No frowning or drowning.

* Bonus points for clowning.

Hope to see you there!

Greg

https://www.phpbbplanet.com/ravensin...singletrac#145
    Last edited by Velokid1; 10-09-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Dave

Can't believe I'm the first to reply

Hey Velo, what's new? Who is sweeping, make sure you keep them at the VERY back. My ribs are still sore enough not to ride anything really rocky, I'm so pissed. I have had to ride my skinny tire bike to try and retain some of my endurance. I sure do miss the mtb bike. I hope you guys have a blast that sounds like the trails I did with Chris. Maybe not exactly the same but close. The single track was so small the grass pelted your shins. Can't get much more single than that uh.

Where are the perc's, I hurt.

Have a blast guys wish I could join ya all.
    I need to ride more and work less.

Master Gardener
    Ugh- such a bummer, Dave. Looking forward to riding with you again one day soon. We'll be riding pretty much the same thing you and Christophe rode last visit, but with a mile or so tacked onto it... plus some new connector trails and re-routes down above the campground.

I'll be dutifully riding sweep this time after losing you last time! Doh!

The definition of irony: Christophe and I first met as mountain bike guides in Alaska. We probably led 500 clients per week up and down the mountain and never lost a single one (though there were several we would have LOVED to lose... and there was the one asian lady who disappeared over a cliff. We saw nothing but legs going over the edge.)

Then we take out a group of 28 and lose ya. I still feel bad, bru.

Anyway, water under the bridge. I'll make it up to you one day.

Greg

mtbr member
    How do you like your new job Velokid uh 2.
    See ya.
    SHITBIRD

Master Gardener
    I love it, Heli! Huge, positive change for me. Not that PC is the dream workplace, but I'm in the perfect department. And I've had it pretty darn bad at the other place for almost 4 years. Sold my car, built a new Karate Monkey for around town, drop the kid off at school on the way (trail-a-bike). Back to being the real me again.
    Last edited by Velokid1; 10-07-2008 at 08:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Great glad to hear your loving it, PC is a nice place. I got my little one a trail-a-bike aswell. While we were in moab we hit the slickrock practice loop with it and also using it on the peavine trail.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey Greg - are old slow guy's allowed to ride with you fellars? I think BeerSnob is in as well!

See you boys Sunday!

Master Gardener
    Quote Originally Posted by going29AZ
    Hey Greg - are old slow guy's allowed to ride with you fellars? I think BeerSnob is in as well!

See you boys Sunday!
    Killer. I'm guessing the group will be more like 10-20 this time rather than 25-30. But as I always say, the more the merrier.

I'll be pulling up the rear and keeping an eye on stragglers. Our epic over the Colorado Trail trained me to ride really slow and steady and I'm having trouble switching gears.

my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Hi Greg,
    count me in and let me know if I can be of any help.
    and Dave...Christi is still off the bike she re injured her knee...bummer
    but she did offered up her seat on the tandem to you
    (no laughing you'll hurt your self)

peace, Billy
    Darwin was an Optimist

Master Gardener
    Great, Billy! Love having you along. What rig are you planning to ride this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Great, Billy! Love having you along. What rig are you planning to ride this time?
    Hopefully one with some chainring bolts
    if I can get someone on the back of the tandem we would be perfect for the sweep crew
    Darwin was an Optimist

Master Gardener

I wanted to bump this thread to remind people of the ride and also to let people know that we got a babysitter so that my wife (who I never get to ride with) and her crew of women mtn bikers (The Whiskey Row Salsa Hoes) can attend Sunday.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for any women who are interested but have an aversion to sausage fests.

This fest will be officially de-sausaged.

Befoot-

Did you get that chainring bolt thing figured out? Or just start carrying extras in your tool kit?

Befoot-

Did you get that chainring bolt thing figured out? Or just start carrying extras in your tool kit?
    Greg, not sure what was up with that and they had blue Loctite on them as well
    so I changed the cranks to a good old five arm. I think one more bolt is "mo better"
    in the fixie world. and I will probably ride the fixie.
    besides I got no takers for the tandem seat

Cheers, see you Sunday
    Billy
    Darwin was an Optimist

mtbr member
    I am in for Sunday and at least one other from our group maybe two.

I see going29AZ has already chimed in...what's with the "old" comment?

Jeff

Master Gardener
    I think he was calling himself old, not you.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I think he was calling himself old, not you.

I can only speak for myself Count me out for Sunday, I was just informed by my social director that I will be attending Gma's b-day shindig in Phx

I don't know what I was thinking! Anyway, you fellars have fun and I'll catch you on the next one.

BTW, doing 305 tomorrow (Fri) Leave China Buffet at 12:30 pm for anyone interested.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by befoot
    Hi Greg,
    count me in and let me know if I can be of any help.
    and Dave...Christi is still off the bike she re injured her knee...bummer
    but she did offered up her seat on the tandem to you
    (no laughing you'll hurt your self)

peace, Billy

I must have missed this. When you say Christi offered up her seat to Dave did you mean me? I thought I was too tall for that back seat. Actually I can't make it, I'm riding at Hawes this Sunday with Patti (hope) and 2 other guys from work. Hawes is kind of mellow. At least I have been commuting this week 3/5. The morning temps a re great now.
    Ribs are getting better, no meds the last 2 days.
    I need to ride more and work less.

Master Gardener
    I didn't expect a group that size on a 35-degree morning. Brrrr!

Kudos to everyone who braved the cold to come out for a ride. The next one will start a couple hour later! Tis the season.

That was a good group. DanAZ... have your friend PM me for my wife's email address if she's interested in riding with them, or shoot me a message at the Raven forums. They'd be stoked to have another coolchick to ride with!

Greg

Members who have read this thread: 0