mtbr member

Got to ride in Sedona :)

I finally got to try Sedona. I was on my way back to Henderson, NV after dropping off my daughter at school on the opposite side of dugan ranch. I am convinced a person needs to spend 2-3 dys oh what the heck at least a week and more to have fun everyday.

I ended up getting shown by a 60 something rider the trail of cockscomb, and aerie with this great fun gentleman. I usually ride alone but it was fun to ride on the tail of his tires to make me learn how to really try to view the trail while following him.

After we went our own way I explored and rode the deadman's pass trail up and down. It was fun to ride this area which I think is red rock park area. Is this considered east or west sedona?

Now I am looking at finding time to go back.
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    I finally got to try Sedona. I was on my way back to Henderson, NV after dropping off my daughter at school on the opposite side of dugan ranch. I am convinced a person needs to spend 2-3 dys oh what the heck at least a week and more to have fun everyday.

I ended up getting shown by a 60 something rider the trail of cockscomb, and aerie with this great fun gentleman. I usually ride alone but it was fun to ride on the tail of his tires to make me learn how to really try to view the trail while following him.

After we went our own way I explored and rode the deadman's pass trail up and down. It was fun to ride this area which I think is red rock park area. Is this considered east or west sedona?

Sedona is AWESOME...see you next month. Hopefully the weather will be "ok". It was great last January.

Mikey

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post

Deadman's is in the West Sedona Dry Creek Area. Since we built Aerie and came up with some fun loops including Chuck Wagon, Gunslinger, Cockscomb, Dawa, Western Civilization, Christmas Wash, OK, Arizona Cypress and Long Canyon there are multiple options to have a great riding experience IF you are over 60 or part of the 70%. Other riders may need to go to other destinations such as the North East area where the other 30% and some of the 5%ers HANG OUT.

TD

Meatbomb
    WTF is up with the dumb % crap in every post?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It's how .01% of people on this forum rate the other 99.99%? It's a way to feel like one belongs to some group of people? It's a way to put oneself above others?

In a statistics class I learned that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot and 92.5% of them have no factual basis. The instructor also said that 100% of people that use percentage statistics to convey a point are full of sh*t.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    It's how .01% of people on this forum rate the other 99.99%? It's a way to feel like one belongs to some group of people? It's a way to put oneself above others?

In a statistics class I learned that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot and 92.5% of them have no factual basis. The instructor also said that 100% of people that use percentage statistics to convey a point are full of sh*t.
    How many contradictions can you count?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    TD has mtbr terrets. You never know what will come from him but you know one fact, he WILL always say something no matter if anyone wants to hear him or not.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

High Desert MTBer
    Terrets ?!? Are these ferrets that live underground?
    It's all Here. Now.

My other ride is your mom

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post

Hey:

As you know when I go out on a ride and come across a hardcore group of riders (like the day we met up on Highline) I become very observant of the number of riders and whether they are able to ride sections of the trail I have done improvements on.

In the case of the ride you were on at least 30% of the riders did not clean the trail improvement sections. If you want to pretend you rode sections that you didn't that is your choice.

So far I haven't heard whether you have gone out with your riding buddies and have tried out Tomahawk. I know the top 5% have been out there and enjoyed the ride. People like Jimmy thought the ride was off the hook. I don't know if everyone cleaned the whole ride, but I would venture a guess that not everyone cleaned it.

On those difficult off-camber STEEP sections I may go in and tame them down to a lower level so even you will enjoy the trail.

TD

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Hey:

As you know when I go out on a ride and come across a hardcore group of riders (like the day we met up on Highline) I become very observant of the number of riders and whether they are able to ride sections of the trail I have done improvements on.

In the case of the ride you were on at least 30% of the riders did not clean the trail improvement sections. If you want to pretend you rode sections that you didn't that is your choice.

So far I haven't heard whether you have gone out with your riding buddies and have tried out Tomahawk. I know the top 5% have been out there and enjoyed the ride. People like Jimmy thought the ride was off the hook. I don't know if everyone cleaned the whole ride, but I would venture a guess that not everyone cleaned it.

On those difficult off-camber STEEP sections I may go in and tame them down to a lower level so even you will enjoy the trail.

TD
    Please don't try to tame this one. I am prety sure that this trail is meant to be advanced. I would assume that the trailbuilder would appreciate it staying that way. I am all for fixing crappy stairs and awkward areas, but this trail rules. Don't touch. Thank you.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

bland
    Occupy Tomahawk! I'm part of the 100%!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Please don't try to tame this one. I am prety sure that this trail is meant to be advanced. I would assume that the trailbuilder would appreciate it staying that way. I am all for fixing crappy stairs and awkward areas, but this trail rules. Don't touch. Thank you.
    Sintori:

I agree with you that the trail builder does have the final say on the trail he or she builds. I will consult the TB and see if she is OK with an alternate line for people like Woahey who may feel left out of a ride he might like to do. If the TB says don't touch my trail I am good with that. The first time I rode it I also cleaned it, so I am good with that. The second time I did crash and was in a very iffy spot, that I thought could use some improvement for those that might seriously injure themselves in that section.

My understanding is that 80% of the 5% walked that section on the ride two weeks ago.

TD

High Desert MTBer
    Sintori:

that I thought could use some improvement for those that might seriously injure themselves in that section.

TD
    ...maybe fill in some of those canyons so people cannot fall off the edge of the trails and hurt themselves? Flatten it all out a bit...
    It's all Here. Now.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    ...maybe fill in some of those canyons so people cannot fall off the edge of the trails and hurt themselves? Flatten it all out a bit...
    rocker:

Are you reading my mind?

High Desert MTBer
    It's a little hard with that tongue wedged so firmly up in that cheek... least I hope it's your tongue...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    OK with an alternate line for people like Woahey who may feel left out of a ride he might like to do. If the TB says don't touch my trail I am good with that. TD
    How about you don't go and fahk something else up? How about you leave it so that when I do ride it (or walk it), I have some reason to respect the riding ability of myself and others. I like having to walk stuff a few times before I am comfy riding it. It shows that my skills are improving.

Stop using me as your scapegoat. You're the one that seems to need to be able to clean everything the first time. I am willing to bet most people on this forum would agree. How bout you nut up and start riding tougher stuff instead of dumbing it all down to your skill level?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Oh ****, here we go again.......

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Oh ****, here we go again.......
    Sorry, tried to stay out.

No Clue Crew
    I agree with you that the trail builder does have the final say on the trail he or she builds. I will consult the TB and see if she is OK with an alternate line
    Here's an idea: Mind your own business and don't mess with something that isn't your concern. Just an idea...

Shovel Ready
    TD as far as I can remember you have posted 1 set of pics on some stairs and a bush clearing project. With all this flack and disturbance you bring to MTBR. How about some more images of your before and after work. Let us see what you are truly doing to get a better understanding of this trail work or destruction of yours. I'm serious on this request, as I would like a better over all picture of your work.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Multiple Lines Rock
    All sorts of lights just started flashing in my bat cave...

The .05 percent
    Sintori:

I agree with you that the trail builder does have the final say on the trail he or she builds. I will consult the TB and see if she is OK with an alternate line for people like Woahey who may feel left out of a ride he might like to do. If the TB says don't touch my trail I am good with that. The first time I rode it I also cleaned it, so I am good with that. The second time I did crash and was in a very iffy spot, that I thought could use some improvement for those that might seriously injure themselves in that section.

My understanding is that 80% of the 5% walked that section on the ride two weeks ago.

TD
    Rode with the 1% last Wednesday and I can assure you there was no walking.

banned
    [QUOTE=sinatorj;8798179]Rode with the 1% last Wednesday and I can assure you there was no walking.[/QUOTE

sin:

I believe you, go up this coming Wednesday and let me know how it goes. If you can't make it Wed how about Thurs or Friday?

The .05 percent
    [QUOTE=traildoc;8799017]
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Rode with the 1% last Wednesday and I can assure you there was no walking.[/QUOTE

sin:

I believe you, go up this coming Wednesday and let me know how it goes. If you can't make it Wed how about Thurs or Friday?
    Wish I could gotta work. Will be down Sunday but prob ride something else. Variety is the spice of life