mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Good Trails near Heber or Reservation Lake?

A group of us are camping in the area and I am trying to find a cool mountain bike trail to ride. Anybody familiar with the area and have suggestions? Thanks

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertFire
    A group of us are camping in the area and I am trying to find a cool mountain bike trail to ride. Anybody familiar with the area and have suggestions? Thanks

Are you camping at Reservation Lake, on Apache land and essentially right next to Mt. Baldy? Or, is there another Reservation Lake right ouside of Heber?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yea, we are looking at either Reservation Lake or Big Lake (White Mountains area). we are willing to drive a little if the trail is worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Here are a couple of maps of trails in the area

http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/th...s.php?album=57

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertFire
    Yea, we are looking at either Reservation Lake or Big Lake (White Mountains area). we are willing to drive a little if the trail is worth it.

Check this map. Do either the loop from Big Lake around Indian Springs Trail to West Fork Black River to Thompson and take the connector roads back to the lake for a shorter 18mile loop.

Or, go from Big Lake, up Rt 261 to Rt 273 to Burro Mtn to Thompson to West Fork to Indian Spring loop for a 28 mile loop.

More than you'll want, but here is a link to the google map for a 76 mile course around the Big Lake area I created. More info on the course on my site.

http://www.google.com/fusiontables/D...id=S185419Ic9c

Also, here is the link to the Springerville Ranger District trails and recreation page:

There are other trails in the area such as the East Fork, West Fork #49 and South Fork.

South Fork could be a good shuttle or a nice loop if you don't mind the 8 mile climb back up the road.

You could also make a loop going down the East Fork and coming back up the West Fork #49 Trail (or the dirt roads over there).

Otherwise drive over to Pinetop and check out the WMTS trails. Got a 60 mile course I've created over there too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good Trails near Heber or Reservation Lake?-biglakeshortroutes.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry for the delay in responding back. Thanks for posting these maps. Exactly what I was looking for.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Are the Pinetop trails dry now or will they be in a few weeks?

Explore More
    They have been dry for a long time. They got very little snow or rain up there this Winter.

Also, fire conditions are very high, red flag conditions and fire restrictions (no fires) this past weekend too.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Pine Top trails are dry and getting dusty. we sure need some rain.

Members who have read this thread: 0