slower than you

Good News for DHers (S. 382/HR 765)

Obama signs new law for ski areas. - The Denver Post

"President Barack Obama has signed Sen. Mark Udall's Ski Area Recreational Opportunity Enhancement Act into law.

The new law slightly changes the 1986 National Forest Ski Area Permit Act, allowing the U.S. Forest Service to more easily consider and permit a broader range of ski-resort activities on federal land beyond just skiing. The agency now has legislative direction to consider such activities as mountain biking, zip lines and concerts on federal land."

Will this new law make it simpler for Snowbowl to open the lifts to bike-riders and trail-builders in the summertime? It's supposed to. WIll Snowbowl do it? That's anybody's guess...
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    I know people are hoping it will make a difference at Ski Valley down here in Tucson. Whether or not it will only time will tell.
    Singin' I love hike a bike!!!

The .05 percent
    This was covered about 2 weeks ago, should pave the way for the Bowl to have a park...
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTtripper View Post
    I know people are hoping it will make a difference at Ski Valley down here in Tucson. Whether or not it will only time will tell.
    That would be sweet having a lift to the top there. It's so close to town it'd be perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    This was covered about 2 weeks ago, should pave the way for the Bowl to have a park...
    SHOULD pave the way. To you and everyone else here it's a no brainer. Taking candy from a baby. But, who knows how the politicians will screw it all around...

Kathleen in AZ
    That rocks! Thanks for the update.

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    That would be sweet having a lift to the top there. It's so close to town it'd be perfect...

SHOULD pave the way. To you and everyone else here it's a no brainer. Taking candy from a baby. But, who knows how the politicians will screw it all around...
    Nothing that politicians can do. Cleared with the forest service and being pushed along by Snowbowl management. The preliminary planning is under way.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Nothing that politicians can do. Cleared with the forest service and being pushed along by Snowbowl management. The preliminary planning is under way.
    Post up when digging commences and for some help from the 602/623/480!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Not only DHers will benefit from this... the whole town of flagstaff will!

No Clue Crew
    Nothing that politicians can do.
    I hope so...

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

slower than you
    This was covered about 2 weeks ago.
    just became law yesterday.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So stoked!

AKA shitbird
    Great news!
    JRA

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Let's hope the preliminary planning includes contacting Gravity Logic or the like for trail design and/or construction.
    A world class bike park in Flagstaff could draw large crowds from neighboring states (CA, NV, UT, NM, CO?), as well as local riders. Infrastructure and interstate access make Flag a 'no brainer'.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames View Post
    Let's hope the preliminary planning includes contacting Gravity Logic or the like for trail design and/or construction.
    A world class bike park in Flagstaff could draw large crowds from neighboring states (CA, NV, UT, NM, CO?), as well as local riders. Infrastructure and interstate access make Flag a 'no brainer'.
    AZ Snowbowl at this point just wants to know what it would take to open a successful park and part of that we expressed to them was getting a trail building group like GL to help build 1 or 2 park style trails that we can learn from and then maybe take the ball from there. I know that old school dh/fr trails we can build without a hitch but the machine built.....well have a lot to learn so hopefully we can figure out a way to get the funds for this project. Either way if a park is in the works AZ Snowbowl is mostly concerned that it will be a success so I promise that everything that we can do to make this be the best park possible will be done. We are not going to be dinking around, that I can promise! Get stoked everyone and send some E Mails to Snowbowl expressing your excitement for a bike park. That will help tremendously. Thanks, Josh FGR.

Shred...it's the new drug
    The growth of the Jackson hole mountain resort is a great example. Contract with GL for a couple years to learn ropes and then take over and control own destiny. Start with a couple small fun trails and steadily grow to bigger and better. I've been up to J.hole the last 4 summers and it is so sick up there. Its gonna b USA's whistler on the next couple years...Flagstaff could do the same!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    The growth of the Jackson hole mountain resort is a great example. Contract with GL for a couple years to learn ropes and then take over and control own destiny. Start with a couple small fun trails and steadily grow to bigger and better. I've been up to J.hole the last 4 summers and it is so sick up there. Its gonna b USA's whistler on the next couple years...Flagstaff could do the same!
    YES! YES! and YES! What Bob said. This could be so SICK! Flag/Sedona could become the next biking mecca! Such a good thing for the local economy and all bikers! I'm so fired up!

Multiple Lines Rock
    Count me in on a season lift pass please!