GOOD Friday at Hawes...(in pictures)- Mtbr.com
    pedaller

GOOD Friday at Hawes...(in pictures)

A good friday indeed...
    Last edited by Noelg; 04-03-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

My other ride is your mom
    I like the angles on those shots in the switchbacks....great job....and nice spot on the rattler in the secret wash....I just saw my first desert tortise on twisted 4 days ago....lifted the little guy-or-gal out of the trail back into some lush greenery so the horse thieves would not stomp on em.....I am disappointed that Joe's "Beer around the world" happy hour flier....only recognizes beer made in St. Louis however....

pedaller
    Yeah, recognize the locally-brewed Four Peaks and then we've got something!

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I like the angles on those shots in the switchbacks....great job....and nice spot on the rattler in the secret wash....I just saw my first desert tortise on twisted 4 days ago....lifted the little guy-or-gal out of the trail back into some lush greenery so the horse thieves would not stomp on em.....I am disappointed that Joe's "Beer around the world" happy hour flier....only recognizes beer made in St. Louis however....
    @maad - hey bro, picking up desert torts causes them to piss and causes them to dehydrate. Probably not a big deal this time of year, but summer is an issue. I've been instructed that it is better to leave them alone. The risk of dehyrating is greater than actually getting hit. Google it man. Not barking at you, just found out myself.-rhino

rip the line
    Jun 2006
    Awesome picture of the rattler. Urbanseeds is right about not touching the tortoises. I did that a few years as well before I found out about it about the same way maadjurguer is finding out about it now. They store water so they can go days without drinking, but when scared, they release it and usually die of dehydration. Sorry to jack your thread cuz those pictures are awesome.
    "I tried to live always free and above board like you" Cool Hand Luke

My other ride is your mom
    damn...thanks for the PSA on the pissing tortise....good thing it was spring and I released him/her back into a field of greenery.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg

A good friday indeed...
    Good stuff!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Any Friday at Hawes is a good Friday. I was out there on Friday, wish I would have seen you guys. Great pictures.

aka Diesel
    Aww man, I should have gone riding in my backyard that day instead of Tom's Thumb! Sounds like it was a blast (snake not withstanding), and I just can't believe how fearless Amy is; that girl can RIDE. I was out there this morning, and the flowers are still in full bloom. I wish this season would never end.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

"No Clue Crew"
    Looks like a great day out there !

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    Aww man, I should have gone riding in my backyard that day instead of Tom's Thumb!
    You definitely have a beautiful backyard!

And as an added bonus it is amazing what little traffic it gets. Amy commented that she couldn't believe more people weren't out there enjoying the wonderful day!

Sadly, the days of being able to stroll on out there and ride mid-day are shrinking as the temps rise...(Crazy Coyote excepted)

Thanks everyone. It was a perfect day on the bike!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    The snake was my favorite picture until I saw the beer.....
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0