mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Good deal on flights up to Whistler ...

A friend of mine just moved up to Northern Washington and was looking into flights ... for anyone putting together a Whistler trip and looking to save some money you can fly into Bellingham, WA (north of Seattle) for about $100 each way. I don't know what their bike rates are but it's cheaper then flying Southwest into Seattle and it's closer.

AllegiantAir.com

Meatbomb
    They fly out of Gateway in the east valley, not Sky Harbor.

Not that this is the case now but, my Daughter lives in Bellingham and when Allegiant first started it's flights I was excited to save the money and the drive time from SeaTac.. I bough a ticket and showed up for the flight only to find they had ceased operations .... i guess they had some growing pains as an upstart.

mtbr member
    My wife and I use AllegiantAir every couple of months to go to Illinois. Usually you can catch them trying to fill seats in the last coulple of weeks and get tickets for any where between $20. and $80. You have to be carefull on their website though, they try to trick you into paying unneccesary fees like trip flex or baggage. These two items are always auto checked and you have to physically remove them, or you pay.
    We live about 4 miles from Gateway and my in-laws live about 30 miles from Peoria, Ill. so it is extremely convenient for us.
    We have never had a negative experience with them either, they are a fun airline to fly.

mtbr member
    I'm a big Allegiant fan. My parents live near Bend, OR and the Mesa to Redmond flight is fast and cheap. Redmond is just minutes from Bend. It's an excellent, cheap way to get to that part of the counrty to ride. Since the flight route does not go over the Cascades it is only a 90 minute or so flight.
    I have never packed a bike with them though.

Members who have read this thread: 0