mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Good cheap tires for AZ?

I just recently decided to get back into mountain biking. I picked up my buddy's old bike and have been slowing getting it back in trail-ready condition. After changing out the seized forks for a working set, putting new tubes in it, getting the wheels trued, installing new pedals, and putting a new chain on it, I am in need of some new tires.

The problem is that I don't know the first thing about mountain bike tires, and that hasn't changed after a good amount of time spent reading here. I know a lot about motorcycle and dirt bike tires, but when it comes to mtb tires..... there are just too many out there and the prices vary too much.

I am in Flagstaff right now, and that is where I will be doing most of my riding. What I need is something that will work well enough riding every day to school and once a week or so on the trail. Keeping a minimal budget in mind, what should I buy and where should I buy it from?

Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    go to pricepoint.com and look at the panaracer firexc pro. folding tire that works great. fun on!
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the advice. I will likely go with those unless someone else chimes in with another suggestion before tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0