Goat Camp Ride Report- Mtbr.com
    wrecking crew

Goat Camp Ride Report

GC Ride Report

About 11 people showed up for this ride. The wrecking crew (Dirtrodr, monkeybutt & myself), helimech and crew (Hari, Aeron & Chris), Butocabra, Fattraxx, Da Da, and freebiker on SS Lobster.

We met up at the now non-existent guard shack and later migrated over to the first ramada. From there we hit the main road to the Mesquite Canyon Trailhead over the next range. Somewhere along the way we lost Dave (freebiker)...the group was waiting for a few to catch up and he decided to go on ahead and we never saw him after that. We waited at the trailhead but he never showed up so we figured he had gone up the trail.

Up we went on Mesquite...gorgeous morning...humid but tolerable and cool at this point. Aaron bailed at the Mesquite/Willow turnoff - he was not feeling good and was operating on only a few hours sleep and felt he would only hurt himself if he continued. He went back to the staging area and managed a nice nap. Rest of us continued on...Awesome time up there! The trails weren't too damaged from the recent rains either. Nice breeze at times help keep us cool. The climbs up were a blast. No problems on the way up that I can remember.

Hitting the rocky dh section on GC brought a couple of flat tires and a few not too bad OTB moments. Da Da (Will) had an Oh Sh!t moment and took a nice gash to the knee which could require a stitch or two. The guys were haulin' ass down the trail! At one point during a flat tire change I went ahead aways and helimech, Hari and Jeff (monkeybutt) came rippin' by this nasty section with no hesitation. Amazing stuff. You guys rock and it was cool to watch. I had to slowly thread my way through alot of sketchy sections. Riding some, walking some. Later near the end of the trail, Butocabra and Dirtroder came hauling by too. They had been held up changing a flat I believe.

A ton of fun and the weather was remained nice - just on the verge of being too hot but not quite there, the breeze really helped cool you down. Thanks all for the great time and meeting those I hadn't met before - helimech, Hari & Chris. Thanks Mike for the help with the derailler adjustment. All of you were really good riders and it was alot of fun watching you guys haul butt down that nasty stuff.

Crash...where were you?

ciao for now...
    Last edited by su.ling~; 09-10-2006 at 08:56 PM.
    ~~~

mtbr member

Good job! I'm alive and so are you!

Hey it twas a good ride, I figured you guys would catch me and then I just decided to keep going, I figured you'd see my bike trak the whole way! as well as the fallic tangelo peeling I perched on a rock at the top of the goat camp dh for you. It was a really good tangelo that tasted great with my pbj sandwhich. It was too nice to stop and I had to get back to town asap. i tell you, the whole middle section between the initial climb of mesquite and the start of the rock laden goat camp dh are just amazing. cruizee, fast, great views, nobody around, just what I needed to finish off the weekend. That place rocks, no pun intended!!! Glad to hear all made it ok. happy trails
    keep the rubber side down y'all

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker
    Hey it twas a good ride, I figured you guys would catch me and then I just decided to keep going, I figured you'd see my bike trak the whole way! as well as the fallic tangelo peeling I perched on a rock at the top of the goat camp dh for you. It was a really good tangelo that tasted great with my pbj sandwhich. It was too nice to stop and I had to get back to town asap. i tell you, the whole middle section between the initial climb of mesquite and the start of the rock laden goat camp dh are just amazing. cruizee, fast, great views, nobody around, just what I needed to finish off the weekend. That place rocks, no pun intended!!! Glad to hear all made it ok. happy trails
    keep the rubber side down y'all
    Good deal. Yes, Jeff & I did notice tracks and figured it was you. And the phallic tangelo peel did provide a few laughs and we wondered who left it! Glad to hear you had no issues and enjoyed the ride. Yes, after the initial hike/bike to the GC dh are awesome trails. I love that whole section.

BTW~Hope everyone enjoyed the ride and company as much as I did!
    ~~~

Not a Barry supporter.
    Glad to hear you guys had a great ride with no major incidents. I was up with the little girl last night and the alarm clock didn't go off. I was staying at the in-laws which live only 10 minutes away. So when I woke up and saw what time it was, I was ticked. But I guess I needed the rest b/c I then fell back asleep for a few more hours.

So it sounds like you guys did the rocky DH section...Is that the best or what?
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Goat Camp Rules I had a blast today. Great uphill singletrack, awesome transfer sections, great weather and Gnarly downhill at the end makes for a sweet Sunday ride. Goat Camp claimed my Sram x7 shifter on the left side but it was so worth it. I went over the bars on the easiest section of the trail with not a rock in site

I would still like to go out and do a XC ride where we turn around when it gets rocky, possibly tie in the stuff towards Ford Canyon and the technical loops on the bottom.

mtbr member

Man, That Was Way Cool

Hey guys and muscle girl . Good times was had by all. That was one of the most rocky DH section I've done in awhile. I think my crew earned are turns for awhile so its back to some big bike action with a little XC in there. We will be doing GC in the coming future so as not to let Aeron (pants on dance off) miss the sweet DH section, but next time we'll get some more sleep . Su.ling no worries with the der adjustment any time Give me a yell if any of you guys want to hit up some prescitt trails. They are way fun at night. Good meeting you all. later

Members who have read this thread: 0