Goat Camp 1/17- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 79 of 79

Thread: Goat Camp 1/17

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562

    Goat Camp 1/17

    Saturday 1/17
    Goat Camp Loop
    FIP - 10am
    Of course all are welcome...the weather should be perfect!
    DDKS

  2. #2
    Salty Dog
    Reputation: Salty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    366
    Bummer. The first MBAA race is that day at White Tanks. I did part of GC a few weeks ago and have been wanting another shot at the whole thing.
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

  3. #3
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Hey Bro, I think I can make it.

  4. #4
    Just Joshin' ya!
    Reputation: PrincipalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,979
    Will this ride interfere with the race at all?
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

  5. #5
    Salty Dog
    Reputation: Salty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    366

    No problem with the race venue...

    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    Will this ride interfere with the race at all?
    Nope, they are several miles apart. I am racing on Saturday and would like to do GC, dammit. Maybe the following weekend on the 25th after I do the Quad on the 24th? Not much chance of that....
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

  6. #6
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Looking real good for me, and my friend Alex! look forward to riding with you again Lostboyz.

    $2 gets you into the pool on where on the DH chollaball pees himself.
    Last edited by chollaball; 01-12-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Awesome Poi! Finally I plan a ride you can make eh? haha
    CB, you gonna pee yourself?! I gotta see this! Not that I have a fetish or anything
    DDKS

  8. #8
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    oh so temping...Jeff's back is a bit wrecked right now so I'd have to come by myself. I'll ponder it though...
    ~~~

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Don't be scured Su...I don't bite. I can't speak for anyone else though....
    DDKS

  10. #10
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Don't be scured Su...I don't bite. I can't speak for anyone else though....
    I not skeeered! ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~

  11. #11
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    oh so temping...Jeff's back is a bit wrecked right now so I'd have to come by myself. I'll ponder it though...
    I'm thinking i need to do this as my return to riding in 2009. I'm weak and feeble and still blowing buckets of snot, but hopefully there will be lots of big bikes in attendance so I will not slow the group too much on the uphill. Also, more NM folks are coming to town (the amazing rider Clay and his gal) and I'm trying to talk them into joining this ride.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I'm thinking i need to do this as my return to riding in 2009. I'm weak and feeble and still blowing buckets of snot, but hopefully there will be lots of big bikes in attendance so I will not slow the group too much on the uphill. Also, more NM folks are coming to town (the amazing rider Clay and his gal) and I'm trying to talk them into joining this ride.
    Cool! We should try and round up some MBAA racers as well, show them where the real fun is right?
    DDKS

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    126
    What is the loop ? what route do you plan to take?

  14. #14
    dft
    dft is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,194
    a quick question for locals. besides goat camp, i know there are other trails in the white tanks (from the map). do any of the other trails contains good technical riding with significant substained descent sections (~1000 vertical of pure down or more?).
    thanks!

  15. #15
    Dooosh!
    Reputation: BRA DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    140
    Myself and three buddies will be out there Saturday also! Cant wait, it will be our first time at Goat!!!

  16. #16
    I am Doctor Remulak
    Reputation: AZ Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    a quick question for locals. besides goat camp, i know there are other trails in the white tanks (from the map). do any of the other trails contains good technical riding with significant substained descent sections (~1000 vertical of pure down or more?).
    thanks!
    not that I'm aware of

  17. #17
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I'm weak and feeble and still blowing buckets of snot, but hopefully there will be lots of big bikes in attendance so I will not slow the group too much on the uphill.
    I'm not sure if I'm bringing the Nomad or the Highline, but either way, I'll be slow on the climb up.

  18. #18
    Not at the table,Carlos!
    Reputation: jusflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    140
    I haven't done GC in long time. Where do you meet?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Here is the map courtesy of Dale Wiggins:
    http://singletrack.us/gallery/displa...album=54&pos=2
    This is NOT the exact loop that we will be riding. We will be starting out at the Mesquite trail head parking area and riding up from there. I belive after the ranger station you take two lefts to get to the parking lot of Mesquite. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong. From there it will be the OG route up to GC. Armour up and git our shred on! Awe yeah!
    FIP 10am
    DDKS

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by BRA DOG
    Myself and three buddies will be out there Saturday also! Cant wait, it will be our first time at Goat!!!
    Awesome! You guys are gonna ride up with us correct? I will be in a green Tacoma and riding an enduro. Hope to see you there
    DDKS

  21. #21
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Here is the map courtesy of Dale Wiggins:
    http://singletrack.us/gallery/displa...album=54&pos=2
    This is NOT the exact loop that we will be riding. We will be starting out at the Mesquite trail head parking area and riding up from there. I belive after the ranger station you take two lefts to get to the parking lot of Mesquite. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong. From there it will be the OG route up to GC. Armour up and git our shred on! Awe yeah!
    FIP 10am
    Why not start at the base of the Goat Camp trail so that you get the little road climb done at the beginning of the ride?

    Not to confuse the masses, but here are directions to where I like to park at the base of Goat Camp: Head west on I-10 from Phoenix. Exit at hwy 303 and head north. After about 7 miles turn left on Olive. It's $6 to enter the park so bring cash. Take the first left after the entrance and park near the first resthouse.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Sounds like a plan! First left it is. That climb up the road back to the cars is a painful at the end of the ride for sure.
    DDKS

  23. #23
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Why not start at the base of the Goat Camp trail so that you get the little road climb done at the beginning of the ride?
    This way breaks-up the climb at the beginning of the ride and lets you enjoy one last workout before you can go home.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Poi, anyone else, wanna meet at the gate and load into one truck for the drive in?
    DDKS

  25. #25
    Dooosh!
    Reputation: BRA DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Awesome! You guys are gonna ride up with us correct? I will be in a green Tacoma and riding an enduro. Hope to see you there
    We are going to be out there a little after 8. So it looks like will will be a little ahead of you guys. Appreciate the invite though. I think we are going to just go out and back. Which downhill is better? I have some people with me that arent exactly what you call bad asses! So i have to take it easy on them.

  26. #26
    Just Joshin' ya!
    Reputation: PrincipalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by BRA DOG
    We are going to be out there a little after 8. So it looks like will will be a little ahead of you guys. Appreciate the invite though. I think we are going to just go out and back. Which downhill is better? I have some people with me that arent exactly what you call bad asses! So i have to take it easy on them.
    Out and back is nice and smooth. The Goat Camp DH is the most difficult trail I have ridden in Phoenix. It is loose, exposed, off camber, has big drops, ruts, tire traps, and goes on for damn near ever.

    I hope I can make it.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

  27. #27
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Poi, anyone else, wanna meet at the gate and load into one truck for the drive in?
    Last time I was there parking was not allowed outside the gate, but we can meet somewhere else. I have 1 maybe 2 coming.

    I don't remember, how long would you say the ride is, 4 hours?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shadowrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    265
    Wow same weekend as the mountain bike race there. Should be a little bizzy there with all the people

  29. #29
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by BRA DOG
    We are going to be out there a little after 8. So it looks like will will be a little ahead of you guys. Appreciate the invite though. I think we are going to just go out and back. Which downhill is better? I have some people with me that arent exactly what you call bad asses! So i have to take it easy on them.
    I suggest parking at the Mesquite trailhead parking area (spot 4 on Dale's map), going up Mesquite and then riding Goat Camp trail to spot 12 on the map (the high point before dropping into the GC DH) and then riding back on Goat Camp and take Willow Canyon to Mesquite. Or go the other way Either way will be fun as an out and back.

  30. #30
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Saturday 1/17
    Goat Camp Loop
    FIP - 10am
    Of course all are welcome...the weather should be perfect!
    I heard a rumor that SuLing and her Jeffro might both show up.....

  31. #31
    Not at the table,Carlos!
    Reputation: jusflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    140
    Thanks people. See you there.

  32. #32
    Happy trails
    Reputation: FATTRAXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    437
    it's my saturday to work,as usual i'll have to miss this get together
    everyone have fun and be safe.i may hit this on sunday instead.
    Aaron

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Bummer man! We'll make sure to shred some extra gnar for ya
    DDKS

  34. #34
    caninus xerophilous
    Reputation: SunDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,741
    Got room for a few OPians?

    We still have yet to ride Goat Camp.

  35. #35
    Maui Grown
    Reputation: Poi Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    722
    Louis - come on up! Meet us at the park entrance at 9:45.
    Aloha.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy
    Louis - come on up! Meet us at the park entrance at 9:45.
    Aloha.
    Make Sure you bring cash for the park entrance. They now have no parking signs at the entrance.

  37. #37
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Make Sure you bring cash for the park entrance. They now have no parking signs at the entrance.
    How's the back? Are you going to ride the Goat on Saturday?? I hope so!!

  38. #38
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    it's my saturday to work,as usual i'll have to miss this get together
    everyone have fun and be safe.i may hit this on sunday instead.
    Well shoot... you gotta stop that Saturday working thing! See you next time.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    How's the back? Are you going to ride the Goat on Saturday?? I hope so!!
    It's still not 100% but I thing I can swing it. If it starts to hurt on the way up I will turn around. I miss the 2 hour endless grind up my CK route I was doing

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    I'll give you 10bucks if you do it on your trials bike
    DDKS

  41. #41
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    I'll give you 10bucks if you do it on your trials bike
    You mean slow him down a bit so he won't be a freakin' mile ahead of us on the climbs? He should...he needs a climbing speed handicap
    ~~~

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Word.....he's a climber. I was honestly just hoping to see the trials bike. That thing looks sweet and I think Jeff should let me borrow it for awhile...haha
    I need one of my own and a one with a motor as well.
    DDKS

  43. #43
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    anyone doing the XC version? A buddy wants to join for the XC route, but doesn't want to descend alone. He's on the fence right now.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  44. #44
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Epicrider Dale will likely be doing the XC version. Zort too unless I talk him into riding his 29er SS down the Goat.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,023

    Hi guys

    I am a lurker from Montana who gets to Phoenix each spring to see family. I have ridden the White Tanks once on last years visit. I avoided Goat Camp though, out of respect for it's hazards.

    Looking forward to a photo report next week, guys.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

  46. #46
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Epicrider Dale will likely be doing the XC version. Zort too unless I talk him into riding his 29er SS down the Goat.
    cool. Alex and I will ride the DH, Ray will be doing the XC. we'll see you all in the morning.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  47. #47
    Just Joshin' ya!
    Reputation: PrincipalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,979
    I am going to join you all if you don't mind. If anyone coming from South Phoenix has extra room or needs a ride, PM me.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    I may be out. I was riding the trials bike, felt a small pop and a sharp pain. Now the back hurts

    I think I just stepped back a week of my recovery.

  49. #49
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    I may be out. I was riding the trials bike, felt a small pop and a sharp pain. Now the back hurts

    I think I just stepped back a week of my recovery.
    are you sure it wasn't from hefting the Beast you created? feel better!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Doode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    You mean slow him down a bit so he won't be a freakin' mile ahead of us on the climbs? He should...he needs a climbing speed handicap
    I was thinking of hanging an anchor on the back of his bike...that would even things out some
    Do what it takes to move through

    Exhale Bikes
    2814 W Bell Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85053-7530
    (602) 548-0567

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Doode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    anyone doing the XC version? A buddy wants to join for the XC route, but doesn't want to descend alone. He's on the fence right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Epicrider Dale will likely be doing the XC version. Zort too unless I talk him into riding his 29er SS down the Goat.
    I've never done the XC version...+1 more for the out and back.
    Do what it takes to move through

    Exhale Bikes
    2814 W Bell Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85053-7530
    (602) 548-0567

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    ...

  53. #53
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    We definitely out. Jeff's back is not doing great and he needs to stay off it and I haven't been feeling great either. Have fun out there! We'll hit the next

    oops...forgot to sign Jeff out and posted under his username
    su ling
    ~~~

  54. #54
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    We definitely out. Jeff's back is not doing great and he needs to stay off it and I haven't been feeling great either. Have fun out there! We'll hit the next

    oops...forgot to sign Jeff out and posted under his username
    su ling
    Darn it... I'll miss you and Jeff out there today I hope you both feel better soon.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    562
    Goat Camp was awesome!! The group consisted of around 15 with most of us heading down GC. The ride was perfect. Great sessions on the way down at Spiral and Jackhammer. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Can't wait to do it again. Goat Camp is one of the best trails in the valley. Hands down. Git Some!
    DDKS

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Goat Camp was awesome!! The group consisted of around 15 with most of us heading down GC. The ride was perfect. Great sessions on the way down at Spiral and Jackhammer. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Can't wait to do it again. Goat Camp is one of the best trails in the valley. Hands down. Git Some!
    I was bummed to miss the ride. I love GC!

    No pics?

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Goat Camp was awesome!! The group consisted of around 15 with most of us heading down GC. The ride was perfect. Great sessions on the way down at Spiral and Jackhammer. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Can't wait to do it again. Goat Camp is one of the best trails in the valley. Hands down. Git Some!
    Great day of riding or should I say climbing! Super fun downhill! Thanks for the good times!

  58. #58
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    I was bummed to miss the ride. I love GC!

    No pics?
    I got a few still shots and also some video action at the usual spots. Notice my wide open pack in the first pic We ran into Old Goat Mike who hikes out there every day. He recognized me from my last two visits and asked if I was the one who lost my armor on Mesquite in December. Bingo!! I bet he would have picked up my phone and other debris and also turned it in at the gatehouse if they had fallen out of my Camelbak yesterday. Mike is 67, spry, and hikes with a sparkle in his eye... should be a role model to us all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  59. #59
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboyz
    Saturday 1/17
    Goat Camp Loop
    FIP - 10am
    Of course all are welcome...the weather should be perfect!
    Thanks to lostboyz for posting up this ride - the weather was perfect! It was good to ride with many of you whom I usually just see in passing on SoMo or know from the board. A fine group of guys, but I did miss having Su Ling along.
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 01-21-2009 at 12:40 PM.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,252
    [QUOTE=DurtGurl]Thanks to lostboyz for posting up this ride - the weather was perfect! It was good to ride with many of you whom I usually just see in passing on SoMo or know from the board. A fine group of guys, but I did miss having Su Ling along.

    Apologies to Clay for sharing his "special" run in this video, but it was too good not to share He usually floats down the gnar so next time I promise to get him upright on the trail. Since he has family in town, we're sure to see more of Clay on future visits.

    that was the funniest thing ever at the end. double oops!!

  61. #61
    Salty Dog
    Reputation: Salty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    366

    Must be dementia....

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    ...
    Every time I look at this page I just draw a blank. You know, as you get older and you're trying to think of a ......... what was I saying?
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

  62. #62
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    thanks for the vids DG. good time everyone thanks for the great company.

    i have a vid of Clay clearing the bottom of the nasty initial descent, but its so far away all you see is this guy just rolling smoothly along and a bunch of us saying "wow, he's making this look easy." Clay - did you ride along the marathon?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  63. #63
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,975
    mmmmm. looks so goood.

    ( much as love seeing people clean that shite, the bloopers are sooo wonderful to see, thanx ! )

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Congrat's to you all- GC rules. Thanks for the vid Kath!

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    65

    New Guy In Mtbr

    I just did these trails today. I think that i do them once or twice a month. but i always do it by myself 'cause my friend is a *****, he does not like the uphill part. Anyways, if you guys are planing to do those trails again , or any other trails let me know. if its ok with a new rider in the group. don't worry i am not a pain in the ass.
    The sad thing is that i am having lasik surgery this coming weekend , and i won't be able to ride at least for one month. but i'll keep in touch.

  66. #66
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by theduck
    I just did these trails today. I think that i do them once or twice a month. but i always do it by myself 'cause my friend is a *****, he does not like the uphill part. Anyways, if you guys are planing to do those trails again , or any other trails let me know. if its ok with a new rider in the group. don't worry i am not a pain in the ass.
    The sad thing is that i am having lasik surgery this coming weekend , and i won't be able to ride at least for one month. but i'll keep in touch.
    Lots of rides are posted here so just keep your new eyes on the board and join up some time.

  67. #67
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    mmmmm. looks so goood.

    ( much as love seeing people clean that shite, the bloopers are sooo wonderful to see, thanx ! )
    Looks like Goat Camp is on tap for Spring Fling '09, Mr. Bear!!! Bring armor this time, ok?

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,363

    Dirt Girl

    Thanks for the great pics and video. Sorry we ducked out at the end, I was having too much fun and lost track of time.
    Looking forward to one of those crazy coast to coast things you guys do.
    See you on the trail!

  69. #69
    Dooosh!
    Reputation: BRA DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    140
    Goat Camp cherry was broken saturday! We saw your group as we were coming down from the top. I was on the black GT. Thanks for all the advice from everyone!! This is a an "epic" trail. I cant wait to go again! I live at the base of the White Tanks and had no idea a trail like this existed up there. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

  70. #70
    caninus xerophilous
    Reputation: SunDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,741
    Thanks for the awsome pics and vids. Gotta love the bloopers.

  71. #71
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Looks like Goat Camp is on tap for Spring Fling '09, Mr. Bear!!! Bring armor this time, ok?
    heh heh.

    i've got knees covered, need to get arm support. :P

    ( I've nothing to prove, I say, nothing at all ... )

  72. #72
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    another victim

    the little wiggle in my frame i discovered during the ride was a snapped bolt that squeezes the triangle around the main pivot. The one on the other side snapped about 4 months ago.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flOw dOwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    352
    Thanks to Lostboyz for posting this ride and to Dirtgirl for documenting and helping to lead. Great day of riding with all of you! Sweet trail.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    139
    Better late than never....but great ride folks! I like Goat Camp a lot. We need to do it more often. Lostboyz - thanks for setting that up! And I'm glad Dirtgirl didn't capture that OTB of mine! I don't do it often but it's usually good when I do. And it's usually not on the crazy stuff either. I guess I should concentrate more on downhill parts that look easy I recorded the ride on my GPS phone and those of you into that kind of fun can see it here:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...?tripId=330811

    We need to get this crowd together for Milli at Spring Fling again

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by superstition
    Better late than never....but great ride folks! I like Goat Camp a lot. We need to do it more often. Lostboyz - thanks for setting that up! And I'm glad Dirtgirl didn't capture that OTB of mine! I don't do it often but it's usually good when I do. And it's usually not on the crazy stuff either. I guess I should concentrate more on downhill parts that look easy I recorded the ride on my GPS phone and those of you into that kind of fun can see it here:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...?tripId=330811

    We need to get this crowd together for Milli at Spring Fling again
    You know it's good when you average 3 mph. BTW Is there anyway I can get that .gpx without signing up? Thanks

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by GodMadeDirt
    You know it's good when you average 3 mph. BTW Is there anyway I can get that .gpx without signing up? Thanks
    Send me a PM with your email address and I think I can export it and email it to you. BTW - there is no cost to sign up.

  77. #77
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    So did I understand correctly that you guys took Mesquete the whole way to GC and bypassed Willow and Ford? How is that section? I didn't even realize it was all rideable.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  78. #78
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    So did I understand correctly that you guys took Mesquete the whole way to GC and bypassed Willow and Ford? How is that section? I didn't even realize it was all rideable.
    Yes, you got it right. Mesquite is fan-freaking-tastic!! I will probably never take Willow and Ford up again. Mesquite has been rerouted to not just be a fall-line scramble and instead meanders it's way up the hills at a very rideable grade on a trail that is smoother (way easier) than Willow and Ford. It's still a lot of work to get up to Goat Camp, but they have made it sooo much easier than the old days when it was almost entirely a super rough hike-a-bike trail and it took all day just to get to the top.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,023
    Is the lower end of Mesquite rerouted now as well, or just the upper part? I rode it last spring and the upper part was a fresh sweet reroute but the lower end turned into a short hike a bike deal for a ways.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.