Go John- Mtbr.com

Thread: Go John

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY

Go John

Well seeing Clockwork's thread awhile back about the Cave Creek regional park got me interested to make my first visit back since 2000. Man, what a fun trail now. It's pretty short 5.95 miles or so and fairly graded but the singletrack is some of the funnest I have been on in awhile. It reminds me of a mix of Mcdowell comp loops with a little of T100 thrown in. I remember sloggin my way through this trail back in 2000 like I did going the wrong way on Goat Camp last week. Did the trail counter clockwise with the last dh putting a huge smile on my face. Total elevation gain of 1,022ft. Once again enjoy the low quality pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go John-go-john1.jpg  

Go John-go-john2.jpg  

Go John-go-john3.jpg  

Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

livin' the dream......
    Sweet! I have been meaning to ride there again. PM me if you are hitting this again anytime soon. Or T-100 as well.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Nice!!! I hear that's good stuff out there.

Maui Grown
    Dude, I thought we were going to do this ride with Eric? I've been wanting to check it out. You joto.

******ed or Branded??
    AzDog is no longer in caliber of riding. He has surpassed us in the pedaling department and no longer wants to slum with us!! Plus he knows he owes us a couple days of relocating dirt!!! Oh yes he is a Boto of a Joto!!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Wednesday afternoon I rode the Go John trail, then went out the back of the park and did the whole Spurcross trail, then back to town. After you leave the park and get out a few miles, the Spurcross trail seems to be in pretty poor condition, very rocky and overgrown. Never saw another person once out of the park ether.

Dad trying to keep up!
    Aug 2009

Spur Cross/Go John

Meet us at Flat Tire bike shop (or Firecreek Coffee Co.) on Sunday at 9 AM. We'll hit both in a 21 mile loop with a bit of everything.
    Jeff from Cave Creek

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My new favorite trail

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Poi, sorry about not letting you guys know. I was actually on my way to 40thst to ride T100 and was thinking how I was getting a little burned out on PMP so made a quick right up to Cave Creek. TJKM I will definitely let you know. Doo, after riding with Eric, Stevo, and Chuck yesterday at BCT(thread coming soon) I am definitely no pedaler!!!! Got humbled big time!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Let me know next time you ride this, I'm down.

Members who have read this thread: 0