Globe Trail Map- Mtbr.com

Thread: Globe Trail Map

Unrepentant Cowboy SOB

Globe Trail Map

Pinal Peak is on the left according to B.east.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    "...it feels like.....times have changed."
    "Times maybe. Not me."

South Mountain Bulimic

Saucy Size
    Classy!

If anyone wants it, here's the last one I did. There are a couple errors on it: a cookie to anyone who can spot both!

p.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul B; 11-28-2006 at 08:34 PM.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Are these all one speedable, which ones are tech and which ones are smooth? Favorites?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by brapbrap
    Are these all one speedable, which ones are tech and which ones are smooth? Favorites?
    All of them are one speedable going down; none of them are one speedable (or 27 speedable) 100% going up. I can't imagine how shallow a gear you'd need to plow up even half of any of these trails.

All trails have sections of varying difficulty. Kellner is IMO the most consistently lumpy-bumpy-rough; Ice House has the greatest variety of strike-you-dead type surprises. Six Shooter has a couple spots that are waaay tricky but is otherwise flowy and fast. Telephone is mostly flowy, except when the USFS forgets it exists and the deadfall accumulates; Squaw Spring features a very cool "staircase" of drainage logs near the top but is otherwise pretty smooth.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

i like cheese.
    Since I don't venture from the city much, I am confused... I thought riding in a national forest was a big no, no...

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bike=good
    Since I don't venture from the city much, I am confused... I thought riding in a national forest was a big no, no...
    Riding in a designated Wilderness Area (like the Superstitions or Matazels) is a big no no. Riding in a national forest is A-OK unless the area has been designated no-riding. Since one of my dogs really likes to bite mountain bikers, I prefer to hike with the pups only in wilderness areas where there are no tasty biker ankles.

We de MAMMY NUNS!
    Where you have Kellner Canyon Road marked is Ice House Canyon Road. The other one I can't make out, but I think it has something to do with the junction(s) at Telephone Trail and Ice House Canyon Trail?
    I've nothing to add....

Members who have read this thread: 0