Globe Sunday. . .Stat- Mtbr.com
    wretch

Globe Sunday. . .Stat

Heading up, me and Bob, plus the lady friend, and killer hounds. Safety breaks, beer, and at least two shuttles worth. Meeting in Tempe nice and early, 6:30 ish.

We are taking two trucks up, two racks, plenty 'o' room.

mtbr member
    shiit, can't go. Sounds like fun.

Transit Bus Driver
    wish i could go,my bullits rear shock decided to take a crap on me lol

Shred...it's the new drug
    it is early. man I need some coffee stirred in with some shreddin'. hope everyone gets a little today, where ever it may be. we'll be looking down at phoenix from the top of the pinal implants this morning.

Oh what a day! First it started with a big cup o joe @7am. Then the joe had to go, so we were greeted by the crazy bathroom attendant/janitor/methhead at the superior rest area, spouting off about how only 1 per bathroom and that out of towners are vandalizing the area and she's gonna shut it down...had a bad feeling about this lady so we pee'd and jetted asap. Then we get to globe and me being bob I wanted to find a new way up to the mountain, so I took truckee and ms. truckee on a trailer park tour of globe. Then we finally take the old route up to sixshooter, to get seprated by this one eyed *****in' camaro, who I thought was gonna stop and kill truckee and ms. for some meth money, luckily, he turned off into the trailer park:0. Finally park shuttle truck 1 at bottom of icehouse, make it to top only to find that it was only 65 and goregous up there. We started some shredding down six shooter, and I finally manned up and hit the log drop. wooohooo, cleaned it, good start for the day. Then truck took the lead and almost impaled himself on the barbed wire gate, anyone else almost do this??? Ms. truckee was shredding her 3" bike like a pro on her first ever pure DH run. I think she's ready for a big bike! She was shredding harder that truckee who was deathly paranoid of the exposure, but overcame and shredded down. It was great having Kaya the trail pup with us bringing up second place. Happy dog! We make it almost all the way down until ms. got a pinch flat from shredding too hard and took a trip over the bars...ouch. She took it well and changed the tube and continued on. I love that bottom section when it hits high desert. So rippable, there were spruce berries all over the trail making it nice and loose. We made it all the way back to the truck no prob. Then headed back up to retrieve shuttle truck 2, and i got this great idea of ripping down Icehouse solo. Never done it before, but what the heck, a hospital's only 30 min. away. Man that trail rules. Kicks six's a$$ here to sunday. 99% pure DH shredding. If you haven't got some icehouse yet, get some. It's 100% clear all the way down, and totally rippable. I love the tight trail and the fast switchbacks. Some super gnarly rock gardens too! The double track down was ripping too...ripping my legs apart from all the nice thorny over growth. I finished ripping down and met the Truckee's at the bottom to head to wendy's for a drink and some fry's. I highly recommend Icehouse as the best/longest 45 min. DH trail in AZ. Good times!!! Here's some pics.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    My log drop landing
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    All I need is my troy lee and some open DH trail
    Photobucket
    The Truckee's

Only vid of the day
    Photobucket
    Renamed: Bob's House trail!

Saucy Size
    Awesome. Looking forward to getting back up there in October/November and hitting all of it again.

p.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Nice pics Bob!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Nice pics! I've never been, but I'm looking to head up there Saturday 10/4. I'll repost next week. Hopefully we can get a pose rolling!

I think spelt "posse" but it's pronounced "pussay"

Members who have read this thread: 0